Well, the report's out:

2016 Election Final Report 06-14-18 0 | Federal Bureau Of Investigation | United States Government

Should I give you guys some time to hear from Hannity and Rush, and learn what your talking points are going to be?
/----/ We'll wait for the CNN spin that it's a nothing burger then understand it's the complete opposite.

:lol:

Thinking for yourself is just too hard?
/----/ Neither you nor I have the legal background not the understanding of how things work in DC on the level of understanding the implications. And don't pretend you do.

The report is written in plain English. It's not in a secret code.

And speak for yourself.
/----/ OK Pumpkin. As soon as you digest the 500 pages let us know your critical opinion.
are you a moron.gif

Well, the report's out:

2016 Election Final Report 06-14-18 0 | Federal Bureau Of Investigation | United States Government

Should I give you guys some time to hear from Hannity and Rush, and learn what your talking points are going to be?
/----/ We'll wait for the CNN spin that it's a nothing burger then understand it's the complete opposite.

/----/ Neither you nor I have the legal background not the understanding of how things work in DC on the level of understanding the implications. And don't pretend you do.

And speak for yourself.
/----/ OK Pumpkin. As soon as you digest the 500 pages let us know your critical opinion.
View attachment 198558

There's a handy little executive summary, right at the beginning. It's only 15 or so pages long.

And speak for yourself.
View attachment 198558

There's a handy little executive summary, right at the beginning. It's only 15 or so pages long.
/----/ But the Executive Summary is someone's opinion which can be manipulated. Can't you think for yourself?
An executive summary, or management summary, is a short document or section of a document, produced for business purposes, that summarizes a longer report or proposal or a group of related reports in such a way that readers can rapidly become acquainted with a large body of material without having to read it all.

Much of the info in the report isn't new. There were many reasons to fire Comey. Many, like you will say it was obstruction; however, many disagree. Congress has the final say whether firing Comey was obstruction, and the IG report helps republicans in voting no if it ever comes to impeachment.

Trump stated, publicly, that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation.

If you disagree, take it up with him.
You take it up with congress. You and I don't have a vote in the impeachment process, if there is one.

Where did "impeachment" enter this discussion?

This thread is about the IG Report.
Obstruction is a moot point unless congress attempts to impeach Trump because of it. Earlier I stated that the IG report supports Trumps firing of Comey.....insulates him against the obstruction charge. You disagree. Okay, fine!

The report doesn't help Trump with the "obstruction" thing, because Trump himself went public and stated why he fired Comey. He can't change his mind retroactively, and say the report justified it.

But again, this thread isn't about "obstruction", it's about the report.
Like I said, many members of congress will disagree with you. Also, if you are correct then the house should go ahead and start impeachment proceeding....according to you there is no denying that firing Comey was Obstruction of justice which is an impeachable offense.

P.S. I am speaking to just one of the many ramifications of the report.

And speak for yourself.
View attachment 198558

/----/ But the Executive Summary is someone's opinion which can be manipulated. Can't you think for yourself?
An executive summary, or management summary, is a short document or section of a document, produced for business purposes, that summarizes a longer report or proposal or a group of related reports in such a way that readers can rapidly become acquainted with a large body of material without having to read it all.

Do you not understand what the word "summary" means?

It's not "someone's opinion" - it's a summary of the findings of the report.

HEY...anyone got to where the list of referrals for prosecution recommended in any section of that report?

Where is the BEEF?

I read some place about a couple of folks in the FBI MAY have violated some FBI guidelines, not laws, and were referred for in-house review, but have there been referrals for violations of statutory LAW?

As far as I can see, no one was referred for prosecution.
I think Strozk's "we will stop Trump" does. That shows a level of bias that is WAY outside the law. And that SAME FBI was working with Fusion GPS?

HEY...anyone got to where the list of referrals for prosecution recommended in any section of that report?

Where is the BEEF?

I read some place about a couple of folks in the FBI MAY have violated some FBI guidelines, not laws, and were referred for in-house review, but have there been referrals for violations of statutory LAW?

I think Strozk's "we will stop Trump" does. That shows a level of bias that is WAY outside the law. And that SAME FBI was working with Fusion GPS?

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

The report determined that neither Strozk or Page were biased in terms of their handling of the investigation.

Where is the BEEF?

The report determined that neither Strozk or Page were biased in terms of their handling of the investigation.
Link. I don’t recall it said that. I thought it said it cast a “cloud of doubt” over their integrity.

And speak for yourself.
View attachment 198558

Do you not understand what the word "summary" means?

It's not "someone's opinion" - it's a summary of the findings of the report.
/----/ I spent 18 years in Legal Publishing and understand what constitutes an executive summary. I've watched the Editors and Authors bicker over punctuation and single words delaying the release of the law book.

Where is the BEEF?

Wtf?? :laugh:

Did I miss something by reading the Conclusion/Recommendations? It seems to be all recommendations for the FBI to tighten up its texting protocols and not allowing for another Comey Moment of going around the AG to announce findings and decisions on prosecution.

I didn't see any suggestions for anything other than FBI policies.

Did I miss something?

No.

The FBI is going to do some spring cleaning, institute some political bias checks on investigators. I.E. check out who they (and spouse) are making political donations to.

That's my takeaway.

4-5 people's careers are over, though.

All in all, it's a step forward for integrity, that's a good thing.
I didn't catch the "checking out who they and spouse are making political donations to" Are you sure that would be legal/ethical? Are we not a free country where we choose who to support?
Not when you are a public employee or spouse of public employee. Most states have same ethics laws.

Where is the BEEF?

/----/ Then there is this:
'Viva Le Resistance': Mueller attorney removed over anti-Trump texts...

Where is the BEEF?

They're gonna have some serious problems there. He was the lead investigator.

Last edited:
I didn't read all of it - it's 568 pages long. That's why I asked you where it is, so I could look it up.

Why are you having such a hard time with this?

I'm not...... I'm reading and I recommend before you continue to speak on it you had better read it all...I'm guessing people could go to prison and I'm only 2/3 through it....

Where is the BEEF?

Link. I don’t recall it said that. I thought it said it cast a “cloud of doubt” over their integrity.

The report has already been linked. Here's the important section:

There were clearly tensions and disagreements in a number of important areas between Midyear agents and prosecutors. However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions discussed below, or that the justifications offered for these decisions were pretextual. We recognize that these text and instant messages cast a cloud over the FBI’s handling of the Midyear investigation and the investigation’s credibility. But our review did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that these political views directly affected the specific investigative decisions that we reviewed in this chapter. The broader impact of these text and instant messages, including on such matters as the public perception of the FBI and the Midyear investigation, are discussed in ChapterTwelve

I didn't read all of it - it's 568 pages long. That's why I asked you where it is, so I could look it up.

Why are you having such a hard time with this?

I'm not...... I'm reading and I recommend before you continue to speak on it you had better read it all...I'm guessing people could go to prison and I'm only 2/3 through it....

Who do you think is going to prison? For what?

It's very easy to make up vague claims, and then refuse to back them up.

Where is the BEEF?

There gonna have some serious problems there. He was the lead investigator.

He was? Who was?

The unnamed lawyer?

How do you know that he was the "lead investigator"?

Forum List

Back