Ignorant' builders destroy 2,300-year-old, 100ft Mayan pyramid in Central America

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
'Ignorant' builders destroy 2,300-year-old, 100ft Mayan pyramid in Central America to make road
• Construction workers ravaged 100ft pyramid for rock to use as road fill
• Learning of damage like being 'punched in the stomach' archaeologist said
• Ancient structure was part of the Nohmul complex in northern Belize
• Police are investigating and say criminal charges could be brought
• Experts say bulldozing Mayan mounds for road fill is endemic problem
By KERRY MCDERMOTT
PUBLISHED: 06:54 EST, 14 May 2013 | UPDATED: 12:44 EST, 14 May 2013

Read more: Bulldozers destroy 2,300-year-old Mayan pyramid in Belize | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

When I hear about things like this it make me cringe! How utter insensitive! Evan a bus load of ten year olds with picks and shovels would know better than to desecrate monuments and relics of the past. It makes me wonder how grown men, presumably Belize citizens, could do this! ARGGGGGGGGHHHHH!

Bulldozers destroy 2,300-year-old Mayan pyramid in Belize | Mail Online

When I hear about things like this it make me cringe! How utter insensitive! Evan a bus load of ten year olds with picks and shovels would know better than to desecrate monuments and relics of the past. It makes me wonder how grown men, presumably Belize citizens, could do this! ARGGGGGGGGHHHHH!
---------------------------------------
Belize was on my list of potential places to buy retirement properties.
Then, I found out that their medical care is so inferior, they recommend you seek treatment in......GUATEMALA!!!
Guatefreakingmala?.....home to military coups and death squads?
The Belize citizenry may not be too bright.
I'm re-thinking my retirement plans.

'Ignorant' builders destroy 2,300-year-old, 100ft Mayan pyramid in Central America to make road
By KERRY MCDERMOTT

Read more: Bulldozers destroy 2,300-year-old Mayan pyramid in Belize | Mail Online

I agree. It makes my blood boil. How can anyone be so stupid? It's unbelieveable. It's so frustrating. There is nothing to do now either; it's done--it's ruined.

By KERRY MCDERMOTT

I agree. It makes my blood boil. How can anyone be so stupid? It's unbelievable. It's so frustrating. There is nothing to do now either; it's done--it's ruined.

Sadly,. this wanton destruction is occurring with increasing regularity. Hopefully, this world news coverage will spur some kind international backlash to prevent future occurrences.

I agree. It makes my blood boil. How can anyone be so stupid? It's unbelievable. It's so frustrating. There is nothing to do now either; it's done--it's ruined.

Sadly,. this wanton destruction is occurring with increasing regularity. Hopefully, this world news coverage will spur some kind international backlash to prevent future occurrences.

Hopefully. There needs to be some world wide organization that keeps an eye on these things and works to prevent such tragedies: the history of civilization is precious.

By KERRY MCDERMOTT

Nothing lasts forever.

Forum List

Back