Illegals lining up for drivers license goes viral

Congress plans on giving them all amnesty through the farm bill.

Curious though how does this work with the Real ID Act?

Then they are guilty of a hit an run crime.
And? That alone is a crime- driving without government approval is made criminal for a source of revenue which serves a dual purpose to usurp the 4th amendment-which too is criminal but ignored- why?
A good ? and pint but it still doesn't cover why illegals are allowed here illegally in the first place.

Would you rather they not learn to drive by our rules?

Personally, since I grew up here and learning to drive is a way of life where I come from, I detest having to have someone who didn't/hasn't gotten even half of my time behind the steering wheel judging my skills for gov't approval- I see driving as a right, not a privilege granted, since in many parts of the country it's a prerequisite to the pursuit of anything, Happiness included, which just happens to be a part of our Founding-

That's weird...you seem to forget; the most important 'part' of our founding was our right to sovereignty...you forget that part?

Prerequisite or not, it is not a right.
Why? How else do you presume one can "pursue" Happiness? Who/what "granted" another the authority to restrict Liberty?

among these are the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Does that look even vaguely familiar to you?

You do realize that the US Constitution was framed by American citizens for American citizens...right?
You don't think our constitution should extend to Mexico's people occupying our territory illegally...do you?

So illegals can take a written test, pass the drivers test and now get insurance

Works for me

Yeah the illegals definitely "work for you". We will see whether shit like this works for Americans, I bet it doesn't.
They don’t have to work for me...they just have to pass a test and get insurance on their cars

Makes it safer for me

Videos of Illegals Lining Up For Driver's Licenses in NY Go Viral

New York became the thirteenth state to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses this week, of which there are an estimated million in the State. To “prove” their identity, illegals are allowed to provide expired work permits, foreign birth certificates, and even Border Crossing Cards (which are only valid for 72 hours for a stay in the U.S. near the border).

The States with the highest concentrations of illegal aliens not-coincidentally have the highest percentage of drivers who drive without insurance, and this sort of policy will only encourage even more to drive, exacerbating that problem.

Numerous videos and photos from DMVs around the State showed overwhelming turnout – as if the wait at the DMV wasn’t bad enough.

It’s ironic that the same liberals who pushed for this policy are the exact same liberals who will tell you that voter ID is “racist” because some people can’t obtain photo ID.

We know that’s B.S. for sure.
How do you know they’re ‘illegal’ – just because an immigrant is undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal.’

Clearly conservatives don’t believe in “states’ rights” – states have the right to establish the criteria by which drivers’ licenses are issued.

And allowing undocumented immigrants to apply for a driver’s license is consistent with the 14th Amendment.

Last – as already correctly noted – affording undocumented immigrants drivers’ licenses makes for safer roads.

The right’s unwarranted hostility to issuing undocumented immigrants a license to drive is predicated solely on bigotry and hate.

And add to it this.

That's preposterous. The word "alien" is a legal term that is specifically defined by the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. § 1101(a)(3), which states:

"The term 'alien' means any person not a citizen or national of the United States"

To that end, the Gun Control Act, 18 U.S. Code § 922, specifically adopts the definition of "alien" in the INA, and defines among the categories of persons who are prohibited from lawfully purchasing or possessing firearms as follows:

"[A]ny person ... who, being an alien—[] is illegally or unlawfully in the United States"
So I guess anyone advocating for enforcement of the Gun Control Act or the Immigration and Nationality Act by quoting the express language of the statutes as enacted by Congress is a racist and a criminal in New York.

We know that this is solely about the right’s bigotry and hate because conservatives believe – incorrectly – that allowing an undocumented immigrant to apply for a driver’s license acts as an ‘incentive’ for immigrants to enter the country absent authorization, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

This is not about ‘respecting the law,’ this is about conservatives who don’t want more ‘brown people’ who speak Spanish coming into the country, the same wrongheaded anti-immigrant nativism Republicans have practiced for well over a century.

We know that this is solely about the right’s bigotry and hate because conservatives believe – incorrectly – that allowing an undocumented immigrant to apply for a driver’s license acts as an ‘incentive’ for immigrants to enter the country absent authorization, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

This is not about ‘respecting the law,’ this is about conservatives who don’t want more ‘brown people’ who speak Spanish coming into the country, the same wrongheaded anti-immigrant nativism Republicans have practiced for well over a century.

Congratulations...You nailed the logic I apply to arrive at my position.
Not one single wetback loving loon has been able to shown us how the average American benefits by the presence of wetbacks...I suspect most good, real Americans will continue taking my same position until you can show they benefit....Can you?

A Drivers License is just a certification that the bearer has been trained on rules of the road and passed a driving test

Has nothing to do with citizenship

A Drivers License is just a certification that the bearer has been trained on rules of the road and passed a driving test

Authorizing wetbacks to drive is an admission of acceptance...it does incentivize them as it makes life here easier for them...In the real world, we like to make life more difficult for criminals...Weird huh?

Authorizing wetbacks to drive is an admission of acceptance...it does incentivize them as it makes life here easier for them...In the real world, we like to make life more difficult for criminals...Weird huh?
Actually what it does is certify that they understand the rules of the road and have passed a test. It also allows them to obtain insurance

It makes life easier for the rest of us

Actually what it does is certify that they understand the rules of the road and have passed a test. It also allows them to obtain insurance

What would make life easier for the rest of us is throw them out since they don't belong here in the first place. How can Democrats claim they are for doing something about our immigration problem when they put out the welcome mat on our borders for them to come here? Then they claim they were never for open borders.

If that's bigotry, then tell me how many other countries allow their illegals to legally drive an automobile. Are they all bigots?

What would make life easier for the rest of us is throw them out since they don't belong here in the first place. How can Democrats claim they are for doing something about our immigration problem when they put out the welcome mat on our borders for them to come here? Then they claim they were never for open borders.
Then throw them out......Round up 13 million plus people, provide them due process and transport them back to where they came from

Has nothing to do with having trained, licensed and insured drivers on our roads

Would you rather they not learn to drive by our rules?

Personally, since I grew up here and learning to drive is a way of life where I come from, I detest having to have someone who didn't/hasn't gotten even half of my time behind the steering wheel judging my skills for gov't approval- I see driving as a right, not a privilege granted, since in many parts of the country it's a prerequisite to the pursuit of anything, Happiness included, which just happens to be a part of our Founding-

I prefer them not being here.

Clearly conservatives don’t believe in “states’ rights” – states have the right to establish the criteria by which drivers’ licenses are issued.

And allowing undocumented immigrants to apply for a driver’s license is consistent with the 14th Amendment.

Last – as already correctly noted – affording undocumented immigrants drivers’ licenses makes for safer roads.

The right’s unwarranted hostility to issuing undocumented immigrants a license to drive is predicated solely on bigotry and hate.

When discussing the illegal problem, it's you lefties that jump up and down about the American employers who hire them. Now you approve of them having transportation to get to those jobs.

If that's bigotry, then tell me how many other countries allow their illegals to legally drive an automobile. Are they all bigots?
You're arguing with the willfully stupid. Dont waste your time.

Then throw them out......Round up 13 million plus people, provide them due process and transport them back to where they came from

Has nothing to do with having trained, licensed and insured drivers on our roads

Right, and sanctuary cities have nothing to do with harboring illegal criminals either.

We are a country at war with each other. On one side, you have the good people who want everybody to follow the laws of our land. On the other side, the bad guys who make it comfortable for those people who come here.

Forum List

Back