I'm Done Eating At Burger King

Nope. Your own WSJ link in the post before the above one says in its subheadline, quote:
" 'This Is Not a Tax-Driven Deal,' Executive Says"

-- which also agrees with other links I've seen and posted.

Your own link.

Still cannot comprehend English, can you?

If you read my post you will never see the words tax driven. If you read your post you will see the claim that taxes had nothing to do with the deal. Your challenge to everyone was to prove you wrong on that claim. If the deal had nothing to do with taxes they would have not included the provision that transferred just enough of their stock to Tom Horton to allow them to not pay US taxes. Therefore, your claim that the tax differential had nothing to do with the deal has been disproven.

Feel free to run away from the thread just like every other time I proved your claims wrong.

"Tom" Horton? :rofl:
I just told you, you linked a story that can't be read without subscription, so .... :fu:

"Tom Horton".... SMH...

When an American Company moves its headquarters out of the nation to avoid paying taxes then it is no longer an American company and not worthy of my business.

Burger King to buy Tim Hortons with help from Warren Buffett move headquarters to Canada - NY Daily News
I stopped eating at Burger King long ago... Their restaurants no longer made it to my standards of eating places, and this was because they were dirty and seemed to hire just about anyone in them. I get tired of these corporations that once they make it off of us, then comes the cheapening down of them to maximize the owners and/or shareholder profits/earnings at our expense, then as if that isn't enough they make a move like this to top it off..

When an American Company moves its headquarters out of the nation to avoid paying taxes then it is no longer an American company and not worthy of my business.

Burger King to buy Tim Hortons with help from Warren Buffett move headquarters to Canada - NY Daily News
I stopped eating at Burger King long ago... Their restaurants no longer made it to my standards of eating places, and this was because they were dirty and seemed to hire just about anyone in them. I get tired of these corporations that once they make it off of us, then comes the cheapening down of them to maximize the owners and/or shareholder profits/earnings at our expense, then as if that isn't enough they make a move like this to top it off..

If you're not eating there, then by definition you're not one of the "us" that they 'make it' off of.
Just say- yin'...

No I don't know that. Haven't seen it, and the link you gave me earlier needs a subscription in order to read, so .... money talks, this doesn't.

Buffet is the one with the money, I guess that means he did the talking.

Burger King is just in a Monopoly war. Lower taxes is just another step towards the inevitable close. When/If minimum wage goes up, McDonalds will squeeze out several opponents in the fast food industry.

Buy both sides.......politics today.

You should be mad at your government, not BK tbh.

BK is walking away letting the middle class pay their taxes.

No, they're not getting the advantage(s) of being hq's, therefore they're going to not pay the associated taxes. In any event, were you mad when Kerry and Geitner walked away from their actual tax responsibilities? We all know that Dems play a shell game when it comes to taxes. So, don't expect people to shed a tear for you.

It's unfortunate that you don't understand the tax code, but given its complexity, your ignorance is understandable.

Perhaps you can enlighten us how a foreign corporation pays US taxes......

Curious how an account with that name and background doesn't know what their specialty is.

You should, by your avatar and signatures, enlighten him...

Burger King is just in a Monopoly war. Lower taxes is just another step towards the inevitable close. When/If minimum wage goes up, McDonalds will squeeze out several opponents in the fast food industry.

Buy both sides.......politics today.

The term "monopoly war" is an oxymoron.

No -- he has invested in 3G in the past, which is the majority owner of Burger King. Some wags here are trying to stretch that all the way into Warren Buffett getting up and plunking down eight billion dollars to buy a Canadian chain just so to avoid taxes. Anyone who made that kind of move for that motivation would no longer be rich by the end of the week.

You do know that Buffet actually acted as a consultant on this deal, and helped specifically with the tax inversion portion, don't you? Or would that fall into the news that you don't get because it upsets your progressive world view?

So you say it wasn't a tax driven deal, but you also say Buffet consulted on the tax driven aspects of the deal?

lol.

Burger King did nothing "wrong", and boycotts are stupid.

But it's silly to think that taxes were a primary "reason" that the merger occurred.

There a lot easier and cheaper ways to save money on their taxes. Last year, Tim Hortons and Burger King paid essentially the effective effective tax rates.

It's unfortunate that you don't understand the tax code, but given its complexity, your ignorance is understandable.

Perhaps you can enlighten us how a foreign corporation pays US taxes......

Easy peasy. Foreign corporations with operations in the U.S. pay U.S. income taxes on those operations....but their home countries don't double tax their operations in the U.S., unlike how the U.S. system is designed.

You are a blithering idiot. BK will continue to pay taxes on its U.S. based operations.

Really? How does that work?
Ask Romney, he always had an answer, or did he?

"Jeep's moving to China!" :lmao:

At least Romney knows we have 50 states. Here are some more Romney accuracies:

1. Romney said that Russia was a serious strategic threat to the US. The administration not only disagreed, it laughed the idea down. Now, it’s Putin who is laughing. Ukraine is in crisis, a passenger plane has been downed and America’s leadership is in question. Putin also put the kibosh on tackling Syria: so his reach extends well beyond the old USSR.

2. Romney said that Obamacare would be hard to implement and it sure was. The website barely functioned and the pledge that people could keep their own plans turned out to be a lie. There’s strong evidence that Obamacare has helped to insure the previously uninsurable, but the cost to business is yet to be seen. Also, it has created a whole new culture war struggle over the provision of contraception. Sandra Fluke’s campaign for free love was not an outlier but a vision of the future.

3. Romney said that Obama would struggle to work with Congress. Since 2012 we have had a round of fiscal standoffs and a humiliating shutdown of the federal government. Now there is wild talk of impeachment, while the President retreats to the golf course.

4. Romney took a strong stance on illegal immigration that might have seemed harsh or even irrelevant in 2012. Now US towns are besieged by a surge of children crossing the border – a humanitarian tragedy that is sorely testing the conscience of America. One poll found that almost half of Americans blame Obama’s policies for the problem, either because they have confused matters or because his rhetoric has encouraged more and more migration....

Mitt Romney was right about everything in 2012. So why not Romney 2016 8211 Telegraph Blogs

Forum List

Back