I'm Done Eating At Burger King

The only American Fast Food burger that's any good is In n' Out Burger. And they'll tell ya' it's not "fast food", it's "gourmet" of sorts.

not that it has anything to do with the topic, but five guys is pretty darn good as fast food burgers go. (never had an in and out burger).

They consider them gourmet. And at the prices they charge, it better be good...

five guys? not that expensive for what you get. they make a great hot dog, too, btw. as for in and out, no idea what they cost, but people swear by them.

just because something is a "business" does not mean it should duck taxes any more than you can.

You think the u.s tax code is fair and well written?

How many volumes (books) does the tax code encompass?

How many pages?

Do you purposely seek out the most expensive items when you purchase equal items?

If a product were equal in every way except one place sells it for 5 dollars and the other sells it for 2 dollars...where do you buy at?

Do you claim any deductions on your tax returns?

Why should I subsidize corporations?

Let them pay their own cost of doing business.

and, ultimately, that is the crux of it. we're not supposed to have to compete with third world countries for work. we are supposed to have a higher standard of living. the thing I don't understand is why the same people who are so resentful of any benefit accruing to the people who actually do the work are willing to give endless subsidies to corporations for the privilege of working 40 hours a week and not being able to afford a place to live, food on the table, medical care, an education for your kids and maybe a small vacation every year.

if you don't have those things, what's the point?

marxist doubletalk

no. i'm not a Marxist. I earn money. I like money. I just don't believe in trickle down voodoo economics. you have to be brainwashed beyond belief to buy into that stuff. and I believe that there are things that benefit society... unlike the randian idiots.

I don't eat fast food and honestly don't care.

If the government wants to stop more of this shit from happening they need to lower corporate tax rates. But that requires leadership. Obama thinks that leadership is a boat.....

no. they need to tariff the s***t out of corporations that off shore.

just because something is a "business" does not mean it should duck taxes any more than you can.

How many pages?

Do you purposely seek out the most expensive items when you purchase equal items?

If a product were equal in every way except one place sells it for 5 dollars and the other sells it for 2 dollars...where do you buy at?

Then let your Congressmen know about your displeasure, they are the ones that allow and write the tax codes that favor the rich. It is not a businesses fault that they follow the tax codes. It is Congress that allows the rules in the first place. Stop blaming businesses for following the laws. Blame Congress for making the laws.

actually, if they move off shore, they are EVADING the tax codes. personally, I think they should be taxed to bring their products here at such a high rate that it doesn't pay for them to leave.

as for my congress members, i'm a new Yorker... my representatives already know. and don't blame me for the teatards.

more marxist doubletalk...raise taxes?..LMAO...the statists answer to everything... because the government has been so efficient with our tax money so far....

Funny GE has moved to another country yet everyone still buys their products.

Hell Imelt is Barry's Jobs Tzar and his business is in another country avoiding the taxes. Nothing illegal about it. Same goes for BK or any other business who finds it cheaper to be in another country.

Get rid of that 35% tax rate and the problem will disappear.

no. i'm not a Marxist. I earn money. I like money. I just don't believe in trickle down voodoo economics. you have to be brainwashed beyond belief to buy into that stuff. and I believe that there are things that benefit society... unlike the randian idiots.

you have all the buzzwords down..."trickle down"..."voodoo economics"... Didn't you call someone a "teatard" just now?...keep chanting the slogans you've been taught.

How many pages?

Then let your Congressmen know about your displeasure, they are the ones that allow and write the tax codes that favor the rich. It is not a businesses fault that they follow the tax codes. It is Congress that allows the rules in the first place. Stop blaming businesses for following the laws. Blame Congress for making the laws.

actually, if they move off shore, they are EVADING the tax codes. personally, I think they should be taxed to bring their products here at such a high rate that it doesn't pay for them to leave.

as for my congress members, i'm a new Yorker... my representatives already know. and don't blame me for the teatards.

You're supposed to be a lawyer, you should know the not so subtle difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. The former being legal and the latter not so much.

Geeze.

The only fast food outlet I'm guilty of using lately is Real Burger Kitchen, which is f*cking lush (and expensive). Burger King aside, I avoid almost every English fast food outlet as much as I do American franchises.

Call me old fashioned, but homemade burgers are one of the most versatile, inexpensive and interesting meals to make.

PS. I'm quite a good cook.

You're supposed to be a lawyer, you should know the not so subtle difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. The former being legal and the latter not so much.

Geeze.

WHAT?

it's a "lawyer"?..and saying things like THAT?

I doubt it...no way..

EDIT:
tax "avoidance" is what smart people do.
Tax "evasion" is what Timothy Geitner attempted...

How many pages?

Geeze.
poor little hack

I don't eat at Burger King, or McDonalds, or Wendy's or Sonic. Not because of their business practices, but because their food is crap.

Geeze.

WHAT?

it's a "lawyer"?..and saying things like THAT?

I doubt it...no way..

The jury's out on that, m'lud.

no. it's really not. my paycheck says so.

so bite me.

:thup:

clearly not a tax lawyer.

no. they need to tariff the s***t out of corporations that off shore.
Used to be the US charged Tariffs on foreign imports as a cost of access to our Markets. The gov't raked in plenty enough to fund their madness too, without the IRS and Federal Taxes.

Now with "Free Not Fair Trade Agreements" that's all gone so YOU AND I pay all the taxes.

Forum List

Back