I’m Going to Get a Crossbow

I know a little (tiny bit - because my cousin is a bow hunter) about bows and have shot one before, but that was a compound bow and not a crossbow. A crossbow operates more like a gun I think where you pull a trigger instead of releasing the bow string. A crossbow would definitely be a lot more practical for self defense use than a compound bow, I can tell you THAT much. :D
Why do you think that?

Because you can't have a compound bow preloaded. You have to load an arrow, aiming it takes longer because you have to steady your hand. It would be very impractical tool for self defense when split seconds matter.
It takes 5 or 6 seconds to load.
What if you miss your one shot? I can shoot 5 arrows on my compound to one on a crossbow.
There is a reason cross bow shooters had a team surrounding them in battle centuries ago..
Is a compound much bigger than a CB though?
They can be. But many arent. They are also lighter than compounds.

I know a little (tiny bit - because my cousin is a bow hunter) about bows and have shot one before, but that was a compound bow and not a crossbow. A crossbow operates more like a gun I think where you pull a trigger instead of releasing the bow string. A crossbow would definitely be a lot more practical for self defense use than a compound bow, I can tell you THAT much. :D
Why do you think that?

Because you can't have a compound bow preloaded. You have to load an arrow, aiming it takes longer because you have to steady your hand. It would be very impractical tool for self defense when split seconds matter.
It takes 5 or 6 seconds to load.
What if you miss your one shot? I can shoot 5 arrows on my compound to one on a crossbow.
There is a reason cross bow shooters had a team surrounding them in battle centuries ago..
Is a compound much bigger than a CB though?

Yes. They are big and heavy too. Awkward to handle, but they make ones for women and children too. I just don't think compound bows are a very practical tool for self defense.

iu

“We had a scuffle, and I managed to release it and fire it at his belly."

She said that the "six-inch bolt" disappeared.”

Wow! Very close range.
Poor machete wielding bastard :iyfyus.jpg:

Good for her! I'm willing to bet she is grateful that she had that bow, regardless of how the leftists try to contort themselves into making HER into the criminal.

My neighbor hunts Elk each fall with a crossbow - THAT my friends is sporting .. Takes bigly skill.

Gets a nice bull around 60% of the time, takes it to a local butcher who makes it into about 15 different things including sausage that he shares with all us neighbors.

I'm a big fan of the tenderloin steaks. VERY lean but still tender.

p1410965219.jpg

I was already considering taking up archery as it looks fun, but this has the advantage of killing two birds with one stone, ha ha.

Quiet and deadly, a poacher's dream.....hungry for duck some night?....head to the park, pick out a nice fat one and......boing! :badgrin:

My neighbor hunts Elk each fall with a crossbow - THAT my friends is sporting .. Takes bigly skill.

Gets a nice bull around 60% of the time, takes it to a local butcher who makes it into about 15 different things including sausage that he shares with all us neighbors.

p1410965219.jpg

A crossbow has more in common with a firearm than it does a bow!

p1410965219.jpg

I hope that thing is dead before the butcher gets to him

p1410965219.jpg

A crossbow has more in common with a firearm than it does a bow!

fine with me

The only real difference between a cross bow and a firearm is that the firearm uses a tiny fire burst to shoot the bullet out of the chamber. The crossbow uses a spring that responds to force. WTH? With some guns the bullet will travel faster and further because the force to push it out of the chamber is greater.

This "defense spray" looks like it's more fun to use than pepper, and it's legal in the UK. It will dye the person's skin for days, making them easily identifiable to police. :lol:

Forum List

Back