I'm new here.

Who's sock are you is the only question..
BDTex is from the Slate days and I have known him when I was there as Nanu.

He isn’t anyone sock and was a mod on another board that I left years ago.

Him and I disagree many times on my political positions but BDTex has never socked to my knowledge even when he was on the Slate Message Boards.

He isn’t anyone sock and was a mod on another board that I left years ago.

Him and I disagree many times on my political positions but BDTex has never socked to my knowledge even when he was on the Slate Message Boards.

His post count of 655 posts in 10 years belies your claim.

Just sayin...

Yep. Same old unimaginative nickname too. Slate pulled the plug on The Fray in September 2011 and we all went searching for a new message board(s). I joined a few message boards after that. I settled with another one and wasn't very active here until about late 2019.

Just sayin...
I have known BD longer than that and he is on many different political boards and even introduced me to a few back when I left another board, so I doubt he socks in.

I know it is rare but some of us just do not sock in because it is boring as can be.

I have known BD since 2002 when I posted in the Ballot Box on the Slate Message Boards.

You guys sure are obsessed with that. Most of my activity here has been since late 2019. Just because I didn't post a lot doesn't mean I wasn't here.

Yep. Same old unimaginative nickname too. Slate pulled the plug on The Fray in September 2011 and we all went searching for a new message board(s). I joined a few message boards after that. I settled with another one and wasn't very active here until about late 2019.
The Ballot Box was the Wild West of political discussion!

I remember getting that IP ban when I called the Mod a Nazi, so I had to bypass the ban and they never caught me under the Nanu name.

That was the only time I socked into a site just to mess with the mods.

Hell, I never went back to other board after getting banned nor the other one either because I just got bored with the mundane conversations.

Hell, I am not here much anymore because politics has gotten boring as can be or I am just old now...

Anyhow, great to see you BD and you must be up there in years now, so keep on going mate.

The Ballot Box was the Wild West of political discussion!

I remember getting that IP ban when I called the Mod a Nazi, so I had to bypass the ban and they never caught me under the Nanu name.

That was the only time I socked into a site just to mess with the mods.

Hell, I never went back to other board after getting banned nor the other one either because I just got bored with the mundane conversations.

Hell, I am not here much anymore because politics has gotten boring as can be or I am just old now...

Anyhow, great to see you BD and you must be up there in years now, so keep on going mate.
Rolling up on Medicare eligibility in November. Great to see you too Nanu.

Just don't bring up any active message boards in PM's or on the open board.
Thanks in advance.

Just don't bring up any active message boards in PM's or on the open board.
Thanks in advance.
we can't pm someone we knew from another board to shoot the shat about that board, and mention that board
?.......clarify pleaz .................how would one know about pms whatever the subject......say i talked about another board in private, who would know and why is that a rule

personally i distaste pms........say it to my gd face for all to see or shove it up the uranus

Last edited:
Still trying to figure the forum out. Got invited here by a member of edited-meister don't mention other political forum on this board....anywhere I'm a Dem/lib/progressive from Texas.
welcome....we will try every trick in the book to frustrate you beyond belief, to make you pound your bare knuckles on cement, to make you angry enough to drive ya nuts....have fun

but we'll make you a better person

edited-meister don't mention other political forum on this board....anywhere
Meister The other "political forum" is an online magazine publication just like so many others that are copy-n-pasted here daily and the message board there was discontinued in 2011.

Forum List

Back