I’m So Old I Remember When McCarthyism Was Considered a Bad Thing

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The stars of Will and Grace:
538147D9-CFC5-4D13-ABCB-30CCE9F436CA.jpeg

All tax cuts designed for Hollywood should be repealed.

'Will & Grace' Star Won't Work with Trump Supporters

McCarthyism is about using governmental power to harass one's opponents. Private individuals registering their disgust is hardly the same thing.

But are you old enough to remember when it was considered a good thing?

McCarthyism is about using governmental power to harass one's opponents. Private individuals registering their disgust is hardly the same thing.
Oh, so keeping Commies from getting a job was the government?

McCarthyism
NOUN

a campaign or practice that endorses the use of unfair allegations and investigations.

But it’s so like you Fascists to support such tactics.

Good ol joe would drag actors and hollywood execs into congress to have a hearing on them as to whether or they had communist thoughts. Then he would brand them so they could not work in hollywood.
Yes I remember the faggot. Just like rump he uses others to cover his own failings. Now fascism is a conservative response to progressive ideas.

McCarthyism NOUN
a campaign or practice that endorses the use of unfair allegations and investigations. But it’s so like you Fascists to support such tactics.
What investigations? These are private individuals expressing opinions. The fact that you're willing to deny them that right makes YOU the fascist.

McCarthyism NOUN
a campaign or practice that endorses the use of unfair allegations and investigations. But it’s so like you Fascists to support such tactics.
What investigations? These are private individuals expressing opinions. The fact that you're willing to deny them that right makes YOU the fascist.
Are you really that stupid or do you just act that way here?

A
An embarrassment to our nation

Hollywood blacklisting was not government policy.
It's not like they did it without encouragement from governmental entities or fear of reprisal. I'm afraid your post is just an attempt to muddy the waters and evade the facts.

Oh, you mean like Obama did to Trump?
Yeah, so what? Obama's a private individual. How about what Trump does to just about anybody, including those who he appointed to important positions and touted as a great public servants?

Good ol joe would drag actors and hollywood execs into congress to have a hearing on them as to whether or they had communist thoughts. Then he would brand them so they could not work in hollywood.
Yes I remember the faggot. Just like rump he uses others to cover his own failings. Now fascism is a conservative response to progressive ideas.
Not true at all.

Those actors and Hollywood execs were dragged before the house committee on unamerican activities which McCarthy had nothing to do with

They were then branded by their own admissions and by the statements of others

It was Hollywood itself which then turned against them not the government

That Depression caused a lot of pain. The next one if it is bad will complete the job. Then the pain will get worse. However, we have massive government. So even a lot less in payouts will still have payouts. The landscape will change though where people live. They will move back together again.

It's not like they did it without encouragement from governmental entities or fear of reprisal. I'm afraid your post is just an attempt to muddy the waters and evade the facts.
But now they do it without that pressure. It’s by choice and culture. That’s even worse.

Show some evidence of threats of reprisal or encouragement

They did it on their own without such pressure and Mccarthy was not involved in it

Forum List

Back