Immigrants that work in agriculture need to be protected, and they need permission to stay and work.

Defund the welfare state and suddenly you will have millions of Americans willing to do these jobs that "Americans aren't willing to do." We don't need illegals.
. Good points, but we just need to get control over the situation, and do the right thing for everyone involved.
We don't need to do the right thing for illegal aliens. They came here uninvited, in violation of our laws. We need to invite them to return to their home countries, and make their livelihoods there. Americans are really hard up right now, we don't have enough work to go around. Illegals are taking jobs that Americans need, so it's time for the illegals to go home.
. Not the pickers unless committed a crime in the united States. They should be accounted for, given proper permissions, and allowed to work. Programs should also coinside with the pickers that place Americans in the fields with them. Now these Americans can be young American men who need to learn what it is to work or prisoners who should be earning their keep etc.

Good idea except some liberal court would rule that as inhuman treatment and possibly slavery.

I disagree. If we don't have foreigners pick fruit, we will find Americans to do it. They may have to pay more money, but if it keeps them out of here, I'm willing to pay. More Americans working and less foreigners.

We have millions of Americans sitting around on welfare with nothing to do each day, they can work for their welfare on farms. That will motivate them to move up in the world.
. Would love to see a study on how many would actually pass a physical exam, and qualify to work in the fields like that. Not many I bet, but with the proper training leading up to it, then a good many might be able to. Would unions move to mobilize farm workers then ? Yes they would.

We would be doing them a favor, sitting around on welfare with nothing to do, many get into trouble. Trust me after working 8 hours on a farm they won't have the energy to get into trouble.

I started out working on a farm for $2 an hour, that's why I'm well off today.

I disagree. If we don't have foreigners pick fruit, we will find Americans to do it. They may have to pay more money, but if it keeps them out of here, I'm willing to pay. More Americans working and less foreigners.
It will never happen unless states stop using tax payer funds to pay people more not to work, than to work.

That is a huge problem. I know in my industry, we are looking for tens of thousands of workers we can't find. Recently those companies are bringing in foreigners to do the work and that keeps our wages down.

I spend all day on the road, and I see highways crowded with cars. Trucks and work vehicles I understand, but what do all these other people do for income when they are riding around on the highway during work hours? Obviously, most of them don't have a job.
. LOL.. You look at other vehicles on the road and think that those people because their are so many of them that they must not have a Job ???? Kidding me right ? Do you ever get a day off, and therefore get in your personal vehicle to go somewhere ? Now what does someone who thinks like you, think of you when they see you in your personal vehicle ? Are they yelling out their window "Get a dam job, and get the hell out my way" ????? :cuckoo:

The only time I'm on the highway is when I am working. There are all kinds of reasons people are driving around in the middle of the day. Some are supported by their spouse, some have the day off or work a different shift, some are retired, some may be salesmen or managers in route to different stores, but it doesn't justify the tens of thousands I see every day.

As time goes on, it seems the roads get more and more crowded during the workday. I don't think much about it during the summer because most working people take their vacation then. Teens and younger people in college are off. But this is every single day year round.
. Could be a sign of economic recovery.

People driving around all day during normal work hours is a sign of recovery? To me, it's a sign of too many people not working and living other ways such as the government.

Forum List

Back