In 2020, 40% Gun Sales Were 1st Time Buyers

Nowhere in the Constitution does it state anything about a license.

But that's the laws states make. Carrying a gun is illegal unless you have a license to do so, even in a very gun liberal state like mine. You can open carry all you want, but concealing your firearm is against the law here and in most of the states without a license. You get arrested. IMO, you should get a minimum of 10 years in prison for carrying a gun, 20 years minimum if you carry a gun and use it in a crime.

But that's the laws states make. Carrying a gun is illegal unless you have a license to do so, even in a very gun liberal state like mine. You can open carry all you want, but concealing your firearm is against the law here and in most of the states without a license. You get arrested. IMO, you should get a minimum of 10 years in prison for carrying a gun, 20 years minimum if you carry a gun and use it in a crime.

So you support the idea of having rights as long as you get the governments permission first?

So you support the idea of having rights as long as you get the governments permission first?

The Supreme Court ruled that rights are not limitless. Currently we restrict certain people from owning a firearm, and it's illegal to carry one without a permit, but you can still own one for personal protection at home. That's not getting governments permission to do anything.

The Supreme Court ruled that rights are not limitless. Currently we restrict certain people from owning a firearm, and it's illegal to carry one without a permit, but you can still own one for personal protection at home. That's not getting governments permission to do anything.

I can carry one without a permit. Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention asking the government to allow you to exercise your rights.

8.4 million new gun owners last year.

Fruits of Democrats releasing tens of thousands of violent felons from prison early while slashing law enforcement budgets and making laws easy on criminals.

Impossible. Former President Obama took all our guns back before 2016.

Do you have a link to that happening because I can’t find any evidence of it anywhere. The Dems part, I mean. Because last year when all of the criminals were being released it was the Republicans who are doing it because they botched their Covid response and couldn’t keep it keep from killing the prisoners with Covid.

Other countries didn’t have to release their prisoners. We certainly didn’t have to do it here. The things you blame Democrats for are the results of Republican governance.
The person who fails to back up their BS wants others to back up what they say. That is pretty funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh!

The legal transfer of an assault rifle always requires a background check.
Always.

While the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of private citizens to keep and bear arms, there are some limits and regulations on how they are sold and who may possess them. Federally licensed firearms dealers are required by federal law to conduct background checks on prospective buyers, but private (unlicensed) sellers are not. Some states require background checks for private sales, usually through a licensed intermediary, but others have few to no regulations on private gun sales.

Private Gun Sale Laws by State - FindLaw

While the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of private citizens to keep and bear arms, there are some limits and regulations on how they are sold and who may possess them. Federally licensed firearms dealers are required by federal law to conduct background checks on prospective buyers, but private (unlicensed) sellers are not. Some states require background checks for private sales, usually through a licensed intermediary, but others have few to no regulations on private gun sales.
Private Gun Sale Laws by State - FindLaw
Transfers of assault rifles are covered by the NFA 1934.
All such transfers require a background check.
All of them.

I looked and your link is just a big general link. If you had a specific piece to post to back up your statements you would have. I did.

Federal law does not apply to private owners. I can sell any legal gun, legally to my neighbor. It's done every single day, legally.

Look harder.
All assault rifles are NFA weapons.
All NFA transfers require a background check, even between private parties.
They also require registration, and the payment of a $200 tax.
All of them.

You are speaking about automatic weapons.

Forum List

Back