In 2020, 40% Gun Sales Were 1st Time Buyers

"No" what?
Assault rifles are NFA weapons.
The post I responded to made a claim about assault rifles.
Every legal transfer of an assault rifle requires a background check.
Every one.

Again, automatic weapons.

You can't even buy new automatic weapons. You should be able to and someone should take this to the Supreme Court but that is simply you backing up from your initial statement. Nowhere did you mention "automatic".

That's why I was asking your definition. The assault weapon ban under Clinton, banned guns that were not automatics. Then again, it banned the sale of new guns, not sales between neighbors of pre-existing guns.

Again, automatic weapons.
Yes. Assault rifles, both practically and under the law, are automatic weapons.
The person I responded to posted a video claiming it is possible to buiy an assault rifle w/o a background check.
It -is- possible to do so, but not legally, as ALL legal transfers of assault rifles require a background check.
All of them.

Yes. Assault rifles, both practically and under the law, are automatic weapons.
The person I responded to posted a video claiming it is possible to buiy an assault rifle w/o a background check.
It -is- possible to do so, but not legally, as ALL legal transfers of assault rifles require a background check.
All of them.

It's not possible to buy an automatic weapon. This is your definition, not the definition the government uses.

Technically I would even agree with you. Many things listed as an assault weapon are not such as the list of "assault rifles" banned under Clinton.

It's not possible to buy an automatic weapon.
It is. People do it every day, and you can always find one for sale.
Both legally.
This is your definition, not the definition the government uses.
Under every practical definition, assault rifles are automatic weapons.
Under the legal definition, found in the NFA 1934, assault rifles are automatic weapons.
Every legal transfer of an automatic weapon, including assault rifles, requires a background check.
Every single one.

I looked and your link is just a big general link. If you had a specific piece to post to back up your statements you would have. I did.

Federal law does not apply to private owners. I can sell any legal gun, legally to my neighbor. It's done every single day, legally.
He is referring to fully automatic weapons. There is no such requirement for semi automatic rifles of the calibers he listed,

It is. People do it every day, and you can always find one for sale.
Both legally.

Under every practical definition, assault rifles are automatic weapons.
Under the legal definition, found in the NFA 1934, assault rifles are automatic weapons.
Every legal transfer of an automatic weapon, including assault rifles, requires a background check.
Every single one.

I meant "new" which is what this thread is over. New gun registration.

While an automatic can and generally is select fire, but so are those who can select between single fire and semi automatic.
"Single fire" = semi-automatic.
Nothing here changes the fact that assault rifles are automatic weapons, both practically and under the law.
Under the law, the legal transfer of every assault rifle comes with a background check.

"Single fire" = semi-automatic.
Nothing here changes the fact that assault rifles are automatic weapons, both practically and under the law.
Under the law, the legal transfer of every assault rifle comes with a background check.

The "assault weapon" ban, banned a ton of guns that were not automatic.

Forum List

Back