In 2020, 40% Gun Sales Were 1st Time Buyers

The "assault weapon" ban, banned a ton of guns that were not automatic.
I can't believe I am again prompted to give a history lesson.

"Assault Rifle" is an industry term for a weapon that has a mid-sized cartridge and has the ability to shoot both semi-auto and full-auto modes (select fire).

The term "assault rifle" comes from the original hybrid weapon developed by the Germans in WWII called the Sturmgewehr 44, which literally translates as "Storm Rifle" but means "Assault Rifle."

1280px-Sturmgewehr44_noBG.jpg

The Germans had the same problem facing the allies. Close range, house to house fighting needed smaller weapons like the mp40, which fires the 9mm pistol round:

1920px-MP_40_AYF_3.JPG

But, many soldiers also needed an open-field weapon, like the Gewehr 41:

300px-Automatgev%C3%A4r_m1941_Walther_-_Tyskland_-_AM.067370.jpg

Germany developed the hybrid between the two weapons and called it a "storm" or assault rifle, which has been the industry term for decades.

"Assault Weapons" can be anything the legislature deems. It's a bullshit term.

Words mean things.
if you aren't able, or willing, to use the correct terminology, you cannot have a meaningful discussion.
So, you can pout, or you can use this discussion as a learning experience..

Nobody is discussing automatics In the article so whatever.

I can carry one without a permit. Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention asking the government to allow you to exercise your rights.

Do you live in Utah or something? That's one of the few states you can because they don't require a CCW to carry. It's legal there. However outside of those few states, if you carry a concealed weapon without a license, you're going to jail.

Do you live in Utah or something? That's one of the few states you can because they don't require a CCW to carry. It's legal there. However outside of those few states, if you carry a concealed weapon without a license, you're going to jail.

I've stated where I live many times. Since you already know there are states that respect the constitution, there is no need to question me.

I've stated where I live many times. Since you already know there are states that respect the constitution, there is no need to question me.

Well I missed it so I don't know where you live. You did mention Marietta, but that doesn't mean you live there. You only stated you can buy guns at flea markets.

Well I missed it so I don't know where you live. You did mention Marietta, but that doesn't mean you live there. You only stated you can buy guns at flea markets.

Open carry of a handgun without a permit is legal in West Virginia at age 18

Gun laws in West Virginia - Wikipedia.

I find it sad how many so called 2nd Amendment proponents are perfectly fine with their states restricting those rights.

Open carry of a handgun without a permit is legal in West Virginia at age 18

Gun laws in West Virginia - Wikipedia.

I find it sad how many so called 2nd Amendment proponents are perfectly fine with their states restricting those rights.

We were not discussing open carry, we were discussing concealed carry. We were open carry long before we thought about CCW's, although nobody ever open carried.

You are correlating an increase in legal gun sales with an increase in crime? What is the rate of crimes committed with a gun? Of the crimes committed, what is the rate committed with a gun that was legally purchased?

More than likely, the increase in crime is more correlated with declining police officers due to retirement and low recruitment.
That tends to happen when every one you pull over is armed.

That tends to happen when every one you pull over is armed.

Which is a lie. They said the same about gun restrictions, yet the places that have the most problem have the most stringent gun restrictions in the country.

Take a nice white middle-class suburb, create a law that all households must have at least one firearm, their crime and violent crime will not change. Go to a low income black inner-city and make a law that no households are allowed to own a firearm, their crime and violent crime rate won't change either.

The moral of the story is that guns are harmless and don't kill anybody. It's the people that kill other people.

Forum List

Back