In 2020, 40% Gun Sales Were 1st Time Buyers

And the crime rate is skyrocketing....

Cause meet effect.

You are correlating an increase in legal gun sales with an increase in crime? What is the rate of crimes committed with a gun? Of the crimes committed, what is the rate committed with a gun that was legally purchased?

More than likely, the increase in crime is more correlated with declining police officers due to retirement and low recruitment.

You are correlating an increase in legal gun sales with an increase in crime? What is the rate of crimes committed with a gun? Of the crimes committed, what is the rate committed with a gun that was legally purchased?

More than likely, the increase in crime is more correlated with declining police officers due to retirement and low recruitment.
Democrats releasing tens of thousands of violent felons from prison early, reducing penalties for crimes, and slashing law enforcement budgets has nothing to do with crime rising.

Only thing that bothers me about stuff like this is you get a bunch of shmucks who know nothing about guns stocking up on them.

I often wonder how many of them buy them with no intention of learning.

Moreover, you get the knee jerk types who generally tend to soil their britches if you yell Boo! at them and people like that tend to shoot first and ask questions later out of pure fear. And i nsome case they start to get a Rambo complex. It happens.

You are going to see very few if any reports of shootings like that per year. Those are the last people you need to worry about. Now if they get a license to carry in public, they have to take class, pass a test, and also pass a shooting test.

Meanwhile back in reality...

statistics actually show that gun ownership increases the likelihood of you being killed or injured with a firearm.

No kidding! Wow, who would have thought? You know, I also heard another statistic that most people who get killed in auto accidents were car owners. :eusa_shhh:

Marietta Ohio. Heck you can buy nearly anything you want out of the local Bulletin Board weekly.

My uncle bought a really nice "critter gitter". They were banned years ago.

Look it up if you don't know what they are.

We have pretty good leadership in Ohio. We recently instituted Stand Your Ground laws, and a few months ago, they got rid of the laws that banned a host of knives including switch blades. You can even own brass knuckles now.

A tiny minority of people commit the vast majority of crimes. Giving repeat offenders long sentences and 3rd strike offenses keeps them off the street and reduces the crime rate in the free world significantly. Libs may complain about the 3 strikes, but its actually a tremendous law.

That's why they got rid of it, just like Stop and Frisk that greatly reduced murder in NYC.

Do you have a link to that happening because I can’t find any evidence of it anywhere. The Dems part, I mean. Because last year when all of the criminals were being released it was the Republicans who are doing it because they botched their Covid response and couldn’t keep it keep from killing the prisoners with Covid.

Other countries didn’t have to release their prisoners. We certainly didn’t have to do it here. The things you blame Democrats for are the results of Republican governance.

Republicans were doing that? Maybe you better do your research. Most of that took place in Democrat ran places.

Just saying.......retailer data will not give you this data. It might show that 40% of gun buyers had never bought a new gun before but a person could have owned 50 guns before that.

I can go over to the local flea market and there will be 2 or 3 tables full of guns. No one is tracking who is buying these guns.

Then why all of a sudden are they buying them from gun dealers now?

Its not just that Democrats are slashing law enforcement budgets.

They are also redirecting law enforcement away from stopping actual, violent crime and toward enforcing lockdowns and mask ordinances.

Last month I had an hour long meeting with our police chief about crime in our suburb. He told me they want to hire more officers and have the money, but they can't find people who want to be police officers anymore. It's not just our problem, it's a nationwide problem. When he applied to be a police officer here in 1990, there was one opening and 700 applicants. Today he said, we need three more officers, and the best they can come up with is 20. Out of that 20, most if not all won't make it.

Around that same time a lifelong friend stopped by for a visit. His son is a police officer in a large town. When he applied 7 years ago, he was up against 200 other people. They recently put out a notice they are hiring more officers, and got 3 applications.

Now, if the Nazi's and this dementia patient are able to get rid of qualified immunity for police officers, a lot of the current officers will quit and nobody will want to be a cop. That means we will all be without police protection and only have our guns to save our lives.

He is full of shit atf checks for people selling large quantities of firearms at gun shows and large swap marts.

Even if what he claims is true, most of them are licensed dealers unless he actually purchased a gun from them himself. People generally don't sell guns without requiring some form of positive ID. I would never sell a gun to anybody I didn't know unless I had a copy of their drivers license.

And the crime rate is skyrocketing....

Cause meet effect.

Yeah...except we already have 27 years of data showing you are wrong...

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Our current increase in violent crime, concentrated in democrat party controlled cities, is a direct result of democrat party attacks on the police starting in 2015, and the policies of democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians that allow criminals to steal 950 dollars worth of goods and not get felony convictions, the constant releasing of repeat gun offenders, and the policies the keep the police from actively pursuing violent criminals......

You are an idiot.

Last month I had an hour long meeting with our police chief about crime in our suburb. He told me they want to hire more officers and have the money, but they can't find people who want to be police officers anymore. It's not just our problem, it's a nationwide problem. When he applied to be a police officer here in 1990, there was one opening and 700 applicants. Today he said, we need three more officers, and the best they can come up with is 20. Out of that 20, most if not all won't make it.

Around that same time a lifelong friend stopped by for a visit. His son is a police officer in a large town. When he applied 7 years ago, he was up against 200 other people. They recently put out a notice they are hiring more officers, and got 3 applications.

Now, if the Nazi's and this dementia patient are able to get rid of qualified immunity for police officers, a lot of the current officers will quit and nobody will want to be a cop. That means we will all be without police protection and only have our guns to save our lives.

Now, if the Nazi's and this dementia patient are able to get rid of qualified immunity for police officers, a lot of the current officers will quit and nobody will want to be a cop.

Of course, this is the goal...they want to purge the police ranks of normal people.....men and women who join the police to serve the community and enforce the law......then, when they are gone, the democrat party will fill the ranks with party loyalists.....they will lower whatever standards may be left and fill them with thugs and enforcers...who will protect the democrat party and go after the enemies of the party.....that is all part of the plan..

Forum List

Back