In CA, Newsom to pay unpaid rent for illegals and others.

The same thing was done under Trump but it is bad to do it now.

When did the federal government pay the rent of people under President Trump?
A COVID-19 economic relief package signed by President Trump on Sunday includes $25 billion to help struggling tenants pay their landlords.

Let the scams begin, people are going to be more lazy than ever

Uh huh.

And if they don't?

Hundreds of thousands of "them" out on the street which I'm sure pleases you.
BUT WAIT
The eviction moratorium ALSO included a foreclosure moratorium.
So when you throw those people out you also doom the property owners to foreclosure.
BUT WAIT
With no place to go and no money for rent those people you put on the street now live there raising homelessness.
BUT WAIT
More homeless means more crime victims and more crime.
BUT WAIT
Those foreclosures will result in a collapse of retail lending causing a collapse in home prices.

Ever hear of the "Law of unintended consequences?"
Maybe you should focus your hate on something not quite so destructive.

I don't know how you figure landlords still won't throw out tenants when this thing is lifted. Now if I had tenants that couldn't work, that may be a different situation. But there are people who could have always paid rent but didn't because the landlord was forbidden from throwing them out. If I had any tenant that did the same to me, they'd be out the day after this stupidity expired, and I'm sure most landlords feel the same way.

A COVID-19 economic relief package signed by President Trump on Sunday includes $25 billion to help struggling tenants pay their landlords.

That's because it was just before an election and the commies threatened to shutdown the government if it didn't pass. What choice did he have?

That's because it was just before an election and the commies threatened to shutdown the government if it didn't pass. What choice did he have?
Yeah, Trump is sooo wimpy, he had been promising renter assistance since the first stimulus and why not since it would benefit himself and his family just like the PPP loans did....Do you always grovel at Trump's feet?

So the answer to the back rent is paying the rich landlords all their back money.

The State of California sure knows how to protect their rich landowners.
They have to make their mortgage payments on their properties too.
But they are the evil rich, the bastards that make money by just owning property the accumulated by cheating people out of their hard earned money. But hey if your all for it then so be it!

So the answer to the back rent is paying the rich landlords all their back money.

But they are the evil rich, the bastards that make money by just owning property the accumulated by cheating people out of their hard earned money. But hey if your all for it then so be it!
lol. Not to their lenders. Work Hard!

Yeah, Trump is sooo wimpy, he had been promising renter assistance since the first stimulus and why not since it would benefit himself and his family just like the PPP loans did....Do you always grovel at Trump's feet?

I'm not groveling at anything. The MSM is an extension of the Communist party. So can you tell me the last time they blamed a government shutdown on the Democrats? If the government shuts down while a Republican President is in control, it's the Republican Presidents fault. If the government shuts down under a Democrat President but there is a Republican congress, it's the Republican congress that's to blame.

The Republicans stopped that Democrat pork bill from passing until they had absolutely no choice. And if you don't understand that, then you don't understand our politics at all.

Democrats are really bad at taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to the welfare queens, aren't they?

No wonder so many people are leaving California every day. The Democrats have destroyed it.

I'm not groveling at anything. The MSM is an extension of the Communist party. So can you tell me the last time they blamed a government shutdown on the Democrats? If the government shuts down while a Republican President is in control, it's the Republican Presidents fault. If the government shuts down under a Democrat President but there is a Republican congress, it's the Republican congress that's to blame.

The Republicans stopped that Democrat pork bill from passing until they had absolutely no choice. And if you don't understand that, then you don't understand our politics at all.
Do you always live in a world of pejoratives and denial of reality?

Trump Promises Relief As Renters Await A Second Stimulus​

Democrats are really bad at taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to the welfare queens, aren't they?

No wonder so many people are leaving California every day. The Democrats have destroyed it.

West Virginia Leads Nation in Population Loss Percentage​

Do you always live in a world of pejoratives and denial of reality?

I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I found this part of your link particularly interesting:

Many renters were already financially stressed prior to the pandemic. One in four renters spends more than half their income on housing, according to the Aspen Institute. And, with the passage of a second stimulus package still uncertain, some people are bound to financially fall further and further behind.

The CARES Act prohibited landlords or housing authorities from filing eviction actions, charging nonpayment fees or penalties, or giving notice to vacate. But that provision expired on July 24, and it only protected tenants in federally subsidized and federally backed housing.

I'm sure there were landlords that were forced to sell their rental property because of this law in CA. The big guys, not so much, but small time landlords such as myself depend on that rent money to pay all the bills. Did the Democrats give a shit about them? Hell no.

In the OP it stated that some renters were over $100,000 in the hole just for rent. WTF are they paying for rent every month to get in such debt? It's not like this pandemic is in it's fourth year. They had to be paying over $5,000 a month for an apartment. Well duh, did anybody think that perhaps when trouble came up with their income, they needed to move someplace more economical?

I'm sure there were landlords that were forced to sell their rental property because of this law in CA. The big guys, not so much, but small time landlords such as myself depend on that rent money to pay all the bills. Did the Democrats give a shit about them? Hell no.

In the OP it stated that some renters were over $100,000 in the hole just for rent. WTF are they paying for rent every month to get in such debt? It's not like this pandemic is in it's fourth year. They had to be paying over $5,000 a month for an apartment. Well duh, did anybody think that perhaps when trouble came up with their income, they needed to move someplace more economical?

With all the stupid regulations nowadays I don't know why anybody would want to be in the rental property business.

You are right about being $100K in arrears for rent. That was some expensive rentals.

lol. Not to their lenders. Work Hard!
You don't need to work hard, you need to work smart.

With all the stupid regulations nowadays I don't know why anybody would want to be in the rental property business.

I actually enjoy it although I don't know how long I'll be able to do it. In fact I'm just taking a break from some yard work right now. If I was just starting out I probably would have looked for better investments, but I've been doing this for over 25 years and it's just a way of life in spite of all the problems government gives me.

Uh huh.

And if they don't?

BUT WAIT
So when you throw those people out you also doom the property owners to foreclosure.
BUT WAIT
With no place to go and no money for rent those people you put on the street now live there raising homelessness.
BUT WAIT
BUT WAIT
Those foreclosures will result in a collapse of retail lending causing a collapse in home prices.

So these people collected unemployment and dont pay taxes on it, stole for extras, didsnt pay rent, and got an extra $600 a week from the federal government---------------many opted to still pay their bills because well there was nothing that could be done to toss them out. the big winner in this are people like Warren Buffet who lots of rentals to deadbeats who now the government, we taxpayers, will be paying.
Ahhhh, I see.
You want to punish people for not being like you.
And if destroying the economy ala 2008 and putting tens of millions out of work, costing millions their homes, increasing crime and homelessness while running up trillions in debt to pay for your punishment is the price you want us all to pay, so be it.

GEEZ.

Do you people EVER think beyond your hate?

Uh huh.

And if they don't?

BUT WAIT
BUT WAIT
BUT WAIT
BUT WAIT

I don't know how you figure landlords still won't throw out tenants when this thing is lifted. Now if I had tenants that couldn't work, that may be a different situation. But there are people who could have always paid rent but didn't because the landlord was forbidden from throwing them out. If I had any tenant that did the same to me, they'd be out the day after this stupidity expired, and I'm sure most landlords feel the same way.
Since you have nothing beyond your own imagined anecdotes to demonstrate your position we will give it the consideration it deserves.

Since you have nothing beyond your own imagined anecdotes to demonstrate your position we will give it the consideration it deserves.

Just giving you a different view from an actual landlords perspective. Read the OP. It states that some of these people are over 100K in back rent. How does that happen in a little over a year? Sounds to me like they've either been living well beyond their means, or they were behind on rent before this problem even started.

Just giving you a different view from an actual landlords perspective. Read the OP. It states that some of these people are over 100K in back rent. How does that happen in a little over a year? Sounds to me like they've either been living well beyond their means, or they were behind on rent before this problem even started.
OK.
Riddle me this.
Govt to end moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures
25 of your 60 units have not paid rent for 15 months, that over $562k in revenues.
Made enough to pay the help, utilities, etc., but not the mortgage.
Government will reimburse you your losses so you can pay your mortgage...

Do you take the money?

Stand by your beliefs or
Recognize that government CAN be a positive influence?
1624500251884.png

Forum List

Back