In California Your EV May Soon Be Supplying Electricity To the Grid

From the OP... "To achieve this, PG&E is urging General Motors (GM) to expand its pilot program and install bi-directional charging software across its current fleet of EVs. Ford is promoting its F-150 Lightning electric truck as a backup power source, and Tesla plans to introduce two-way charging in its models in the coming years."

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Guess you missed the words "pilot program" as well as that it is something that will be introduced in the coming years. No, it's not functional right now, and yes, there will be added hardware needed for it.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR yourself ya freakin moron.

Guess you missed the words "pilot program" as well as that it is something that will be introduced in the coming years. No, it's not functional right now, and yes, there will be added hardware needed for it.

Guess you missed the part where it is a software change. Like I said.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Get used to this idea....Bi-Directional charging.....or, the government sucking the electricity out of your electric vehicle when solar, wind and pixie dust fail to power the electric grid.......it just gets better and better and ever more obvious that the democrats don't want cheap, reliable, plentiful energy...for the little people.....limiting access to energy is about control, and the democrats want that like a meth addict wants meth....

Get used to this idea....Bi-Directional charging.....or, the government sucking the electricity out of your electric vehicle when solar, wind and pixie dust fail to power the electric grid.......it just gets better and better and ever more obvious that the democrats don't want cheap, reliable, plentiful energy...for the little people.....limiting access to energy is about control, and the democrats want that like a meth addict wants meth....

couldnt you just unplug them when they are charged??

couldnt you just unplug them when they are charged??

You get home at night and it takes hours for your vehicle to charge......and if you forget to unplug it, you wake up and it is drained by the government.......so you have to not only remember to plug it in, you have to remember to unplug it in the middle of the night.......

Meanwhile, the gas powered car is ready to go....

You get home at night and it takes hours for your vehicle to charge......and if you forget to unplug it, you wake up and it is drained by the government.......so you have to not only remember to plug it in, you have to remember to unplug it in the middle of the night.......

Meanwhile, the gas powered car is ready to go....
I sit at home all day and so does my car,, and if I did drive all I have to do is have a battery back up and transfer the power to the car over night,, and when I did drive to work everyday for the last 12 yrs my commute was about 2 miles round trip,, my wifes was 20,,
thats not a lot,,

the government can only drain it is if its connected to the network,,

incredible idea! we need more of this kind of imagination!

Soon every EV owner in California will be upgrading their software. Likely without their knowledge.

I sit at home all day and so does my car,, and if I did drive all I have to do is have a battery back up and transfer the power to the car over night,, and when I did drive to work everyday for the last 12 yrs my commute was about 2 miles round trip,, my wifes was 20,,
thats not a lot,,

the government can only drain it is if its connected to the network,,
You're 1 of many million, you need to cater for and think for the other 999,999 people. When there's change, many stamp their feet, always have and always will. So if vehicles are changing/forced by law, an EV means many won't be able to do their usual convenient ICE vehicle way of life. If you can't charge from home, you've lost the convenience of choosing where you fill up with diesel, and where you park. With an EV, you're very much restricted.

Will the government only take electric out of your car when it's fully charged or will they take some during the charging process? Or will you be mandated/told by law to plug back in at certain times to top the grid back up? Everyone will be charging at all different times of the day and night, assuming the network is up and running. At this moment in my working life, I couldn't be waking up in a morning to find a flat battery because the network went tits up.

Thank goodness I'll be retired and buy my last diese newl car before all this EV shit kicks off. My kids are early 20's and they're already pissed off with the thought of EV's because they don't sit at home on their backsides with a detached house, driveway, charging point, and powerwall. And they're pissed off that the majority are gonna be inconvenienced too whilst knowing the current EV users have no comprehension how their pie-in-sky EV dream impacts on people in the real world.

let me know when that happens and your plan to stop them so we can stand and fight together,,

You think that if the Legislature, the far left Legislature of California allows this they won't also impose substantial burdens/fines on non-compliant people? The Orwellian plan would be useless without penalties.

Maybe you people in California can elect some Republicans to the Legislature to strip Democrats of their super-majorities and also elect a [conservative - not an Arnold] Republican as Governor?

You think that if the Legislature, the far left Legislature of California allows this they won't also impose substantial burdens/fines on non-compliant people? The Orwellian plan would be useless without penalties.

Maybe you people in California can elect some Republicans to the Legislature to strip Democrats of their super-majorities and also elect a [conservative - not an Arnold] Republican as Governor?
no telling what california will do,, I dont live there and dont feel sorry for what happens to them,,

doesnt change the facts about my claims,,

Forum List

Back