🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In Depressed Rural Kentucky, Worries Mount Over Medicaid Cutbacks

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Reality is going to strike

For Freida Lockaby, an unemployed 56-year-old woman who lives with her dog in an aging mobile home in Manchester, Ky., one of America's poorest places, the Affordable Care Act was life altering.

The law allowed Kentucky to expand Medicaid in 2014 and made Lockaby – along with 440,000 other low-income state residents – newly eligible for free health care under the state-federal insurance program. Enrollment gave Lockaby her first insurance in 11 years.

"It's been a godsend to me," said the former Ohio school custodian who moved to Kentucky a decade ago.

Lockaby finally got treated for a thyroid disorder that had left her so exhausted she'd almost taken root in her living room chair. Cataract surgery let her see clearly again. A carpal tunnel operation on her left hand eased her pain and helped her sleep better. Daily medications brought her high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol level under control.

In Depressed Rural Kentucky, Worries Mount Over Medicaid Cutbacks

Well, of course they do. They are like the remorseful brexit losers.

Last edited:
They wanted coal jobs
I know you want a job. Retrain, boo boo.
I have a job..it's to fuck with you on a Sunday.. And I am doing it for free..:)
We know you are, boo boo, on government assistance. Admit it. Admit your shame. :lol:

Oh god I never took unemployment in my life.. I have actually a great job that's why I can afford to live on a lake..

BTW the way I am supposed to be at work right now told them to fuck off.. Not answering texts or my phone..

They wanted coal jobs
I have a job..it's to fuck with you on a Sunday.. And I am doing it for free..:)
We know you are, boo boo, on government assistance. Admit it. Admit your shame. :lol:

Oh god I never took unemployment in my life.. I have actually a great job that's why I can afford to live on a lake..

BTW the way I am supposed to be at work right now told them to fuck off.. Not answering texts or my phone..

So you're a deadbeat then, sucking up stuff you don't earn, typical.

They wanted coal jobs

Hey a guy needs day off once in awhile..

They wanted coal jobs

Oh god I never took unemployment in my life.. I have actually a great job that's why I can afford to live on a lake..BTW the way I am supposed to be at work right now told them to fuck off.. Not answering texts or my phone..
Sure. :)

Hey a guy needs day off once in awhile..

A welfare mentality guy, yup.

Forum List

Back