Zone1 In Judaism how does one seek forgiveness from somone who has died?

- are there other's you fell deserved what you did to them ... the answer doesn't seem really to be dependent on the victim.

what did you do to the one you seek forgiveness from - surly that would help in determining what to do and asking the jews and not the heavens gives credence to your crime.
It wasn't a crime, it was something I said.

The problem is, you answered te question with an incorrect answer. If you didn't know, you shoudn't have. The Talmud addresses this as it were. One must go to their grave with 10 people and publicly announce the transgression while apologizing to G_d as well.
You should have specified whether you are Christian or jewish

The problem is, you answered te question with an incorrect answer. If you didn't know, you shoudn't have. The Talmud addresses this as it were.
Ahem. You asked a question with an answer already in mind. Pft. I stand by my response whatever it says in the Talmud. The Talmud also teaches people to strap a box on their foreheads because of a misinterpretation of a command of God who must have a sense of humor. Assuming that you are not completely full of shit the problem is that you feel guilty.

No one can alleviated you from the burden of guilt except you. This thread isn't going to help.

Does this shock you?

One must go to their grave with 10 people and publicly announce the transgression while apologizing to G_d as well.

Go to their grave with ten people? Publicly announce the transgression? Apologize to God?

And the person that you wronged is already dead? Oh no! You are in quite the dilemma. :auiqs.jpg:

No wonder Jesus derided "the traditions of men" that renders the Law of God null and void.

Last edited:
You should have specified whether you are Christian or jewish
Does it matter?

why would you have asked that of the hereditary idolators when their answer can only be reflective of their corrupt, self ingratiating false religion, not much different than christianity.

triumph over evil, just make sure that remains possible whether accomplished or not. leaves for hope than certainty. your past sins.

Ahem. You asked a question with an answer already in mind. Pft. I stand by my response whatever it says in the Talmud. The Talmud also teaches people to strap a box on their foreheads because of a misinterpretation of a command of God who must have a sense of humor. Assuming that you are not completely full of shit the problem is that you feel guilty.

No one can alleviated you from the burden of guilt except you. This thread isn't going to help.

Does this shock you?

Go to their grave with ten people? Publicly announce the transgression? Apologize to God?

And the person that you wronged is already dead? Oh no! You are in quite the dilemma. :auiqs.jpg:

No wonder Jesus derided "the traditions of men" that renders the Law of God null and void.
You ever say something that you regret and it eats away at you years later? That's what I am experiencing and I wish to address it with G_d and the soul which has since passed.

You ever say something that you regret and it eats away at you years later? That's what I am experiencing and I wish to address it with G_d and the soul which has since passed.

Then speak to them from your soul. They will hear you and appear to you in a dream.

Anyway another thing you might consider even if it doesn't align with the talmud is if you are judged worthy of the resurrection you are no longer subject to judgement whatever you have done because you have already passed from death to life, a sure sign of forgiveness by God.

So just put away all of these silly distractions and rise. No one can do it for you. Its all on you.

Thats why I said forgive yourself. The guilt of the unchangeable past is weighing you down...

Last edited:
Then speak to them from your soul. They will hear you and appear to you in a dream.

Anyway another thing you might consider even if it doesn't align with the talmud is if you are judged worthy of the resurrection you are no longer subject to judgement whatever you have done because you have already passed from death to life, a sure sign of forgiveness by God.

So just put away all of these silly distractions and rise. No one can do it for you. Its all on you.

Thats why I said forgive yourself. The guilt of the unchangeable past is weighing you down...
I need some closure that extends beyond my own words. I understand your suggestion though.

I need some closure that extends beyond my own words. I understand your suggestion though.
I see.

If they were not dead yet and you had the chance to make amends would they forgive you?

If so then take that to the bank and move on. If guilt motivates you to do what is right for the rest of your life instead of doing what is right because it is right then who am I to take that away from you? I heard that some of the greatest saints were at first the very worst sinners.

If you had the opportunity to ask God for forgiveness do you think that he would forgive you?
Or do you think he would want you to spend the rest of your life in pain with guilt and regret?

You want closure? Stop poking your finger into your own wounds. Be happy. God isn't a dick, in spite of what is written in the talmud.

Last edited:
I see.

If they were not dead yet and you had the chance to make amends would they forgive you?

If so then take that to the bank and move on. If guilt motivates you to do what is right for the rest of your life instead of doing what is right because it is right then who am I to take that away from you? I heard that some of the greatest saints were at first guilt ridden sinners.

If you had the opportunity to ask God for forgiveness do you think that he would forgive you?
Or do you think he would want you to spend the rest of your life in pain with guilt and regret?

You want closure? Stop poking your finger into your own wounds. Be happy. God isn't a dick.
I would definitely be forgiven especialy as I know now what I couldn't have known then.

I would definitely be forgiven especialy as I know now what I couldn't have known then.
Exactly! Even Jesus said, 'If I had not come and spoken to you, you would not be guilty of sin.' to people who had done who knows what horrible things to one another for their entire lives.

Now you know better. You may have hurt someone and you injured yourself as well but you have the honesty and humility that are prerequisite for forgiveness and foundational to healing

So be healed. Your sins are forgiven.

Exactly! Even Jesus said, 'If I had not come and spoken to you, you would not be guilty of sin.' to people who had done who knows what horrible things to one another for their entire lives.

Now you know better. You may have hurt someone and you injured yourself as well but you have the honesty and humility that are prerequisite for forgiveness and foundational to healing

So be healed. Your sins are forgiven.
I didn't sin, I've been paying for the sins of others for many years, but I understand.

I didn't sin., I've been paying for the sins of others for many years.
Wait a second! You didn't sin? Then why do you have this need to be forgiven? What did you do? Said something regretful before you knew what you know now? So what. Are you joking?

Lighten up for shits sake.

BTW, I have been paying for the sins of others too! And I never sin. But I have deep pockets...

And I heard that the same shit happened to Jesus, lol, even though everyone is responsible for themselves. Imagine that! I suspect Jesus felt that speaking for God as an otherworldly ambassador and dignitary and being hated and killed for it was an honor, not a sacrifice.

Last edited:
Wait a second! You didn't sin? Then why do you have this need to be forgiven? What did you do? Said something regretful before you knew what you know now? So what. Are you joking?

Lighten up for shits sake.

BTW, I have been paying for the sins of others too! And I never sin. But I have deep pockets...

And I heard that the same shit happened to Jesus, lol, even though everyone is responsible for themselves. Imagine thaitt! I suspect Jesus felt that speaking for God as an otherworldly ambassador and dignitary and being hated and killed for it was an honor, not a sacrifice.
What I have experienced isn't honourable, it is cowardly and spits on the memories of those who died in WWII

Last edited:

Forum List

Back