In my opinion most polls at this time are BS, so why not post one more?

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
This is circulating on Facebook.

upload_2016-9-3_18-6-40.png

I like to study meta-data and web analytics to get a clearer and more honest picture of what Americans (or at least those that live on the net) are thinking. Going to the official Trump FB page, and Hillary FB page, looking at their campaigns activity, and reading their posts, (and the followers comments and reactions) can be quite illuminating.

Likewise, it is clear Trump hasn't touched his Youtube account since he announced he was going to run. Also, either no one cares about Hillary's Youtube account, or they delete the comments on the majority of her videos.

I like to study meta-data and web analytics to get a clearer and more honest picture of what Americans (or at least those that live on the net) are thinking. Going to the official Trump FB page, and Hillary FB page, looking at their campaigns activity, and reading their posts, (and the followers comments and reactions) can be quite illuminating.

Likewise, it is clear Trump hasn't touched his Youtube account since he announced he was going to run. Also, either no one cares about Hillary's Youtube account, or they delete the comments on the majority of her videos.

I think most poster's head hit their keyboard after the first eight words........:D

If polls don't mean shit Romney would be President. And if internet polls meant shit Ron Paul would be.

View attachment 88173
Gallup which is not necessary the best pollster has correctly predicted 14 or the last 16 presidential elections. The one's Gallup missed were within their 3% margin of error. I wouldn't totally discount the polls.

Of course not.

The important point to remember here, is that simple folks a lot of times WANT to vote for a winner. In some elections, the corporate instruments will be used to sway people's opinions or perceptions about how the elections is going.

Thus, a lot of times, the wording of the poll questions will be manipulated to illicit a certain response because those who control the establishment wish to give the masses a certain impression about how their peers are feeling about the election.

This also makes "rigging" or influencing elections, such as manipulating when polls are open, when they close, restricting poll access, spoiling ballets, flipping ballots, throwing out absentee ballots, etc. and a whole host of other nasty ways to steal electoral votes, so that the masses don't notice when an election is shifted. The reason they don't notice is because of previously skewed polls done by manipulated questions by corporate polling establishments trying to put the fix in. By my calculation and study, (non-partisan btw, this was done in 2000, 2004, and in 2012. The only time that Americans actually and freely, by their own will, and by the majority, voted for and got the candidate they wanted in this century was in 2008.

View attachment 88173
Gallup which is not necessary the best pollster has correctly predicted 14 or the last 16 presidential elections. The one's Gallup missed were within their 3% margin of error. I wouldn't totally discount the polls.

Of course not.

The important point to remember here, is that simple folks a lot of times WANT to vote for a winner. In some elections, the corporate instruments will be used to sway people's opinions or perceptions about how the elections is going.

Thus, a lot of times, the wording of the poll questions will be manipulated to illicit a certain response because those who control the establishment wish to give the masses a certain impression about how their peers are feeling about the election.

This also makes "rigging" or influencing elections, such as manipulating when polls are open, when they close, restricting poll access, spoiling ballets, flipping ballots, throwing out absentee ballots, etc. and a whole host of other nasty ways to steal electoral votes, so that the masses don't notice when an election is shifted. The reason they don't notice is because of previously skewed polls done by manipulated questions by corporate polling establishments trying to put the fix in. By my calculation and study, (non-partisan btw, this was done in 2000, 2004, and in 2012. The only time that Americans actually and freely, by their own will, and by the majority, voted for and got the candidate they wanted in this century was in 2008.
Keep in mind the major polling services don't conduct polls for the fun of it. They have subscribers that expect accuracy. Most of the pollsters sell their services to candidates, local government, retailers, manufacturers, and advertising agencies to get public opinion on a wide variety of issues. Accuracy is far more important to them than who get's elected.

The question as to how much do polls effect voters has never been resolved. Various studies have had very different conclusions. I believe some people do follow the crowd but most people vote who the person they like or against the person they hate. Also, there are contrarians that will vote against the crowd.

Yes, poll questions may vary but most presidential polls ask nearly the same question, as to who do you favor in the race. The only polling service I know that goes against this is the LA Times who ask the public what percent do you favor each of the candidate. I think this is why the LA Times usually has very different results than the other polls.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back