In NC, of 6,947,317 Ballots Cast in 2012, just 121 were questioned

Well the first two words of his post were "In 2012" so...

Even in your link we have 400k votes that never should have been there by my math. Where did those votes come from?

You should take into account that NC was one of the 11 or 12 states where campaigning took place. Your source goes back to 1960. Basically this hyper-targeting and sacrificing of large swaths of the country really only took root, maybe in 1992. Turnout should be higher in NC this year than it was in previous years since it was thought to be up for grabs. 400,000 votes out of a population of 9.5 million is what; about 4%. Not a huge number regardless.

If it were rigged, Obama didn't do a very good job (Romney won NC--his only victory).

Read the links I provided, all of them and my calculations used 2012 numbers.

You're deciding that 400,000 votes shouldn't have been there...you probably should get some rest.

Never heard of a registration card. Here we sign, and everyone knows us. Sorry 20% of your over 80s just lost their vote in Pub country- let's make it hard for them...

Never heard of a registration card. Here we sign, and everyone knows us. Sorry 20% of your over 80s just lost their vote in Pub country- let's make it hard for them...

And if someone new moves in...they have to get "known" to vote? If there is a new poll worker...they look over their shoulder and someone nods?

It would make much more sense to have a standard nationally uniform system in place for elections. It makes the process more stable, sterile, and legitimate.

You should take into account that NC was one of the 11 or 12 states where campaigning took place. Your source goes back to 1960. Basically this hyper-targeting and sacrificing of large swaths of the country really only took root, maybe in 1992. Turnout should be higher in NC this year than it was in previous years since it was thought to be up for grabs. 400,000 votes out of a population of 9.5 million is what; about 4%. Not a huge number regardless.

If it were rigged, Obama didn't do a very good job (Romney won NC--his only victory).

You're deciding that 400,000 votes shouldn't have been there...you probably should get some rest.

I should just ignore the fraud of 4% of the votes when elections are won or lost by 1%?

I am deeply concerned that an illegal alien will vote for a democratic candidate somewhere in AZ in the next election, so it is imperative that all seniors and Hispanics produce a photo ID, and two witnesses, as well as a notarized affidavit and and birth certificate in downtown Phoenix at the courthouse on Tuesday, December 26th between the hours of midnight and 1 AM in order to validate their voter registration.

I wonder how the OP will spin this if the 121 turns into 4,000?

It is the epitome of poor thinking to conclude that because wrong doing has not been caught or prosecuted, that it does not happen.

I wonder how many employers lose 100's of thousands of dollars to employees stealing pens. Yet, no one ever seems to get caught.

If you don't want to find it, you won't.

If finding it harms a particular party, then they will make up anything to prevent it from being found.

I should just ignore the fraud of 4% of the votes when elections are won or lost by 1%?

No.

You should accept that when you have a billion dollars being spent by the candidates, another billion or so by PACs, Super PACs, and who knows what else--you're good with research, you tell us how much was spent--being spent in 11 or 12 states that turnout may be a bit higher in those states than they were when more states used to be in play. Especially when you have such a divided country.

You should look at your own stats; 7.5 million registered voters I guess.
You should look at the adjusted number of votes cast, 4,5 million or so...

If you're going to obsess over 3,000,000 people not voting when you're assuming that it should be 3,500,000 you should really re-think your approach to this problem. Was there fraud? I assume there was. I would estimate--or assume to use the same word--that most fraud is people simply voting in the wrong precinct.

It is the epitome of poor thinking to conclude that because wrong doing has not been caught or prosecuted, that it does not happen.

I wonder how many employers lose 100's of thousands of dollars to employees stealing pens. Yet, no one ever seems to get caught.

If finding it harms a particular party, then they will make up anything to prevent it from being found.

Please...

No presidential election will ever turn on widespread voter fraud. Obama won by 5,000,000 votes or so. If you threw out all of the fraud, he'd likely still win by 5,000,000 votes or so. It's more than likely that all fraud balances out across the nation.

What matters is that in local races, 121 votes can swing a bond election, a school board seat, a county judge or county party chairmanship. The Democratic Party Chair in W. Palm Beach County, FL approved the butterfly ballot that lost Gore the election in 2000. I'm not sure how few votes she won by but had there been a different Party Chair, Buchanan doesn't get most of Gore's votes on that ballot, and we very likely never go into Iraq and lose 6,000 lives.

Please...

No presidential election will ever turn on widespread voter fraud. Obama won by 5,000,000 votes or so. If you threw out all of the fraud, he'd likely still win by 5,000,000 votes or so. It's more than likely that all fraud balances out across the nation.

What matters is that in local races, 121 votes can swing a bond election, a school board seat, a county judge or county party chairmanship. The Democratic Party Chair in W. Palm Beach County, FL approved the butterfly ballot that lost Gore the election in 2000. I'm not sure how few votes she won by but had there been a different Party Chair, Buchanan doesn't get most of Gore's votes on that ballot, and we very likely never go into Iraq and lose 6,000 lives.
*cough2000cough*

Please.

We hold more than just Presidential elections.

How many recounts did Washington state perform before they managed to get the outcome they wanted?

Please...

*cough2000cough*
Again, if you eliminated all fraud (intentional and otherwise) it would equal out across the nation.

You're welcome?
As I detailed above?

How many recounts did Washington state perform before they managed to get the outcome they wanted?

Washington State...I am assuming you have something you're just dying to tell us so I'll turn the floor over to you. Good night.

Please...

*cough2000cough*
Again, if you eliminated all fraud (intentional and otherwise) it would equal out across the nation.

You're welcome?
As I detailed above?

Washington State...I am assuming you have something you're just dying to tell us so I'll turn the floor over to you. Good night.
Why? I've beaten this argument to death.. There is no down side to voter ID, and if you have to contort that hard to prove that it isn't needed, then I have to conclude that if widespread voter fraud was discovered, you'd only be against it if it harmed democrats.

have a good morning.

Widespread voter fraud not an issue in NC, data shows

In 2012, nearly 7 million ballots were cast; of those, the state Board of Elections said 121 alleged cases of voter fraud were referred to the appropriate district attorney's office. (AP Photo/Kostas Tsironis)In 2012, nearly 7 million ballots were cast; of those, the state Board of Elections said 121 alleged cases of voter fraud were referred to the appropriate district attorney's office. (AP Photo/Kostas Tsironis)
RALEIGH, N.C. -

One of the more compelling arguments for voter identification is the suppression of voter fraud. But for North Carolina, the number of cases of voter fraud reported by the state Board of Elections is minimal.

In 2012, nearly 7 million ballots were cast in the general and two primary elections. Of those 6,947,317 ballots, the state Board of Elections said 121 alleged cases of voter fraud were referred to the appropriate district attorney's office.

That means of the nearly 7 million votes cast, voter fraud accounted for 0.00174 percent of the ballots.

Widespread voter fraud not an issue in NC, data shows - WNCN: News, Weather for Raleigh. Durham, Fayetteville

One Vote Can Make a Difference

So let's kill millions of legal votes to make sure we don't have one illegal vote.

Tea party thinking ..... as long as they are minority votes for the Democrat, why not?

:(

No 'millions of legal votes are killed.'

Another Liberal fable.

Proof?

No prob:

“The findings of this analysis suggest that voter identification requirements, such as requiring non-photo and photo identification, have virtually no suppressive effect on reported voter turnout.

Controlling for factors that influence voter turn¬out, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws.

Based on the Eagleton Institute's findings, some members of the media have claimed that voter identification law suppress voter turnout, especially among minorities.[80] Their conclusion is unfounded. When statistically significant and negative relationships are found in our analysis, the effects are so small that the findings offer little policy significance.

More important, minority respondents in states that required photo identification are just as likely to report voting as are minority respondents from states that only required voters to say their name.”

For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
New Analysis Shows Voter Identification Laws Do Not Reduce Turnout

You may find information about the Eagleton Institution here:
Eagleton Institute of Politics - Eagleton Institute of Politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lucky I happened by.....'else you'd still believe the Leftist lies, huh?

A0 Your math suqs.
Of course everyone has to register, but I've never heard of a registration card.

You never heard of a voter registration card? Really? Wow.

Yeah, you get these cards and you have to show them to vote--this is where they get the list that they are SUPPOSED to be comparing your name to when you show up.

No, not every state issues Registration cards. We don't in CA. We send you a postcard letting you know you're registered, but there is no card you present at the polls.

It doesn't have to be widespread, just targeted and effective. Go dig up the corpse of JFK and ask him. Ask Minnesota Al Frankenstein the fuckhead thief. A mysterious box of ballots can show up in any progressive's trunk, all it takes is a phone call.

What scumbag does the OP work for? All their threads are lies and tripe.

Do you think that's why conservative Republicans restricted early voting and then put so few voting machines in districts that traditionally vote Democrat?

Early voting needs to be outlawed. Every voting district has their own election officials and it's their job to procure the proper number of voting machines for their demographics. I was not aware that republicans had control over democrat districts.

What the fuck is your problem with early voting?

Forum List

Back