In Regards To DACA, what Should Be The Priority?

What takes precedence?

• Total voters
Again....patriots are not happy Mr President!

This is a serious matter,ok?

- "Immigration patriots say a White House officialā€™s statements that insinuated that President Trumpā€™s administration favors amnesty for nearly 800,000 illegal aliens in exchange for tax cuts were ā€œoutrageous.ā€-

ā€˜Outrageous Selling-Out of the Baseā€™: Immigration Patriots Blast Trump Staffer Marc Short for Trading DACA Amnesty for Tax Cuts
1. You aren't a patriot.
2. Neither is Trump.

Again....patriots are not happy Mr President!

This is a serious matter,ok?

- "Immigration patriots say a White House officialā€™s statements that insinuated that President Trumpā€™s administration favors amnesty for nearly 800,000 illegal aliens in exchange for tax cuts were ā€œoutrageous.ā€-

ā€˜Outrageous Selling-Out of the Baseā€™: Immigration Patriots Blast Trump Staffer Marc Short for Trading DACA Amnesty for Tax Cuts
1. You aren't a patriot.
2. Neither is Trump.

and what are you?

a piece of....
something I wouldn't like to step on perhaps...or worse.

boring.

Wet backs. Dreamers are wet backs that are largely comprised of males over 18.
No, dreamers are a group of 800k undocumented people who fit within defined criteria and qualify for certain legal benefits.... but thanks for publicly stating that you know nothing about the subject. You are ignorant to the most basic of definitions. You are over your head here man, come back once you've got a clue.

Na, thats just the wrapper it needs to be in to make swallowing that bullshit more easy. Illegal is illegal or it wouldn't be an issue.
Spoken like a true simpleton. I'll prove it. If an adult goes with a crew to rob a bank and is caught in the get away car then they can be charged as an accomplice. If a couple takes their baby with them to rob a bank and the baby is caught in the car with the couple then the child is not guilty of being an accomplice. A very simple example of responsibility and culpability under the law. The dreamers were not culpable for any crimes under the law so their circumstance is very different and it is justified to treat them differently.
Child might not go to jail but it also doesn't get to keep the bank money the parents stole. The child is not allowed to profit from it's parents illegal activities.

And at no point is it anyone's responsibility to prevent children from enduring any and all ill effects from their parents' choices in life. Yeah, it sucks. No, that doesn't make the rest of us obligated to change it.

But that's to simple. Doesn't that make you a racist Klan member daily stormer?

No those memo's didn't provide any protection, they simply stated that DACA was a low priority. I'm not trying to make you look dumb, you're doing that all on your own.

O'l Nappy re-invented the term prosecutorial discretion which is what the big fuss was over and then she carved out a specific group to give benefits to, which is outside the law, as shown by Texas vs US with DAPA and DACA 2.0.

andThat is why the new memo was created, as it specifically stated.
Jesus man, you said it right there "prosecutorial discretion" "Deferred Action" THATS PROTECTION. It honestly can't be any clearer. If you really don't get it then thats fine, I'm done trying to explain it to you. Whether you think it legal or illegal it was a directive that protected a group who fit the criteria and went through a process from deportation. Those are just the simple facts.
Prosecutorial Discretion is not protection. Why you think it is is dumbfounded. It was a memo that placed a group at the lowest of priorities, they could still get deported with having DACA status, as I already showed some have been. If they were protected, then they shouldn't have been deported while having DACA.
:SHRUG:
They would only get deported with DACA status if they committed a crime otherwise there were not getting deported. They were protected by the directive. How are you not understanding this?
There was no directive of protection, if there was they wouldn't have been deported, and no, they all didn't get deported for committing a crime. SMFH They were simply low priority.

Obama didnā€™t just deport hundreds of DACA recipients; Immigration and Customs Enforcement detained or deported more than 4,000 U.S. citizens in 2010, according to the Virginia Journal of Social Policy & the Law.
Immigration Lawyers to Outraged Dems: Where Were You When Obama Deported Kids?

Great job Obama!
Did you even read that article that you linked to that proved absolutely nothing? haha, what a joke. Here is a nice line from the article you just referenced.

"Obama put DACA in place to provide temporary protection from deportation and work permits to people..."

You gonna keep digging?
:dig:

And it wasn't legal, hence all the court challenges. It is amnesty for an bunch of day laborers. This country doesn't need day labor it needs people who can figure out how to go to the moon, not bend a taco or roll a burrito or rape people or get DUI's.

Jesus man, you said it right there "prosecutorial discretion" "Deferred Action" THATS PROTECTION. It honestly can't be any clearer. If you really don't get it then thats fine, I'm done trying to explain it to you. Whether you think it legal or illegal it was a directive that protected a group who fit the criteria and went through a process from deportation. Those are just the simple facts.
Prosecutorial Discretion is not protection. Why you think it is is dumbfounded. It was a memo that placed a group at the lowest of priorities, they could still get deported with having DACA status, as I already showed some have been. If they were protected, then they shouldn't have been deported while having DACA.
:SHRUG:
They would only get deported with DACA status if they committed a crime otherwise there were not getting deported. They were protected by the directive. How are you not understanding this?
There was no directive of protection, if there was they wouldn't have been deported, and no, they all didn't get deported for committing a crime. SMFH They were simply low priority.

Obama didnā€™t just deport hundreds of DACA recipients; Immigration and Customs Enforcement detained or deported more than 4,000 U.S. citizens in 2010, according to the Virginia Journal of Social Policy & the Law.
Immigration Lawyers to Outraged Dems: Where Were You When Obama Deported Kids?

Great job Obama!
Did you even read that article that you linked to that proved absolutely nothing? haha, what a joke. Here is a nice line from the article you just referenced.

"Obama put DACA in place to provide temporary protection from deportation and work permits to people..."

You gonna keep digging?
:dig:

And it wasn't legal, hence all the court challenges. It is amnesty for an bunch of day laborers. This country doesn't need day labor it needs people who can figure out how to go to the moon, not bend a taco or roll a burrito or rape people or get DUI's.
You mean all the court challenges that resulted in nothing regarding DACA? Now DAPA reached too far and the courts shut that program down, but DACA was never deemed illegal by the courts

I think the Dreamers are going to be scared. Trump has little option to say unless congress gives them legal status, he'll refer them to the DOJ for deporation like everyone else here illegally

President Donald Trump compassionately gave the Dreamers a six month grace period. Had the Supreme Court ruled against DACA, which would have happened, the Dreamers would be out with no compassion or notice whatsoever.

Now the issue is right where it belongs, Congress. Both sides are motivated so let's give them a chance. If they do nothing, the onus is on Congress.
There was nothing "gracious" about it. The Court can rule, but it's still up to the Exec to deport. The Orangeracist just wanted headlines.

but DACA was never deemed illegal by the courts

As you know, the Supreme Court split 4-4 and sent it back to the lower courts which had ruled against DACA. It will come back to the Supreme Court now that there are the full nine members. How do you think they'll rule now?

but DACA was never deemed illegal by the courts

As you know, the Supreme Court split 4-4 and sent it back to the lower courts which had ruled against DACA. It will come back to the Supreme Court now that there are the full nine members. How do you think they'll rule now?
They won't rule because it's done. I think it's fine though

No, dreamers are a group of 800k undocumented people who fit within defined criteria and qualify for certain legal benefits.... but thanks for publicly stating that you know nothing about the subject. You are ignorant to the most basic of definitions. You are over your head here man, come back once you've got a clue.

Na, thats just the wrapper it needs to be in to make swallowing that bullshit more easy. Illegal is illegal or it wouldn't be an issue.
Spoken like a true simpleton. I'll prove it. If an adult goes with a crew to rob a bank and is caught in the get away car then they can be charged as an accomplice. If a couple takes their baby with them to rob a bank and the baby is caught in the car with the couple then the child is not guilty of being an accomplice. A very simple example of responsibility and culpability under the law. The dreamers were not culpable for any crimes under the law so their circumstance is very different and it is justified to treat them differently.
Child might not go to jail but it also doesn't get to keep the bank money the parents stole. The child is not allowed to profit from it's parents illegal activities.

And at no point is it anyone's responsibility to prevent children from enduring any and all ill effects from their parents' choices in life. Yeah, it sucks. No, that doesn't make the rest of us obligated to change it.

Yeah, right, I'm a Klan member. Remind me to have that Chinese guy I married to use extra bleach when he washes my robes and pointy hat, while I'm thinking about it.

Yeah, right, I'm a Klan member. Remind me to have that Chinese guy I married to use extra bleach when he washes my robes and pointy hat, while I'm thinking about it.

I remember Asian laundry dudes from the navy days. I so bet an Asian would press in some wicked creases and points on a Klan get up.

They won't rule because it's done. I think it's fine though

Au contraire!

They won't rule now because has been given a six-month grace period for Congress to do their job.
True, trump changed the directive and now hopefully a law will be written to protect the dreamers. If Trump leads the charge on this then I'll give him props. I don't like how all this was handled though

True, trump changed the directive and now hopefully a law will be written to protect the dreamers. If Trump leads the charge on this then I'll give him props. I don't like how all this was handled though

It was our petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama who intentionally knowingly created the confusion we face today.

It was our petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama who intentionally knowingly created the confusion we face today.
Whatever man, the incessant whining and finger pointing at Obama is getting old. Don't you get tired of crying about it? He wanted to help these kids. He tried through congress and they couldn't get anything done so he made a short term solution that helped 100s of thousands of them get work and have security. Get over it

Whatever man, the incessant whining and finger pointing at Obama is getting old

When petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama wasn't boasting about himself he was blaming President George Bush. That went on for eight years so you might as well kick back and enjoy the next seven and a half years.

When petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama wasn't boasting about himself he was blaming President George Bush. That went on for eight years so you might as well kick back and enjoy the next seven and a half years.
Did you find it obnoxious when Obama complained about Bush? Did you respect those arguements when he made them?

Did you find it obnoxious when Obama complained about Bush? Did you respect those arguements when he made them?

Refresh my memory, when has President Donald Trump been blaming petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama?

When has any new outlet reported before a speech by President Trump that they were going to count the number of "I's" and "me's" in his speeches as they did each time President Obama was to give a speech?

Refresh my memory, when has President Donald Trump been blaming petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama?

When has any new outlet reported before a speech by President Trump that they were going to count the number of "I's" and "me's" in his speeches as they did each time President Obama was to give a speech?
Are we answering question with questions now? Is that how you want to have this discussion? Does it feel like this gets us anywhere?

Forum List

Back