In your school were the athletes more conservative and the intellects more liberal?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
What were the athletes and intellects like in their political beliefs?

What about the comic book fans?

Almost no one had political beliefs in my school. I was friends with some guys who apparently were into Marxism and "anarchy" but they didn't bang on about it.

Those two guys went on to marry a Jap and an indian.

They really did choose interracial marriage for political purposes. The indian girl was loaded though, from a high caste. I have no idead why she selected that semi-deadbeat suedo professional creep. Maybe the white skin and red hair he had. it's about all he had to offer her and Lord knows that whites don't want a man with white skin and red hair.

What makes you think 'they' couldn't be all three at the same time? Pull yourself out of some horrible 80s movie.

Almost no one had political beliefs in my school. I was friends with some guys who apparently were into Marxism and "anarchy" but they didn't bang on about it.

Those two guys went on to marry a Jap and an indian.

They really did choose interracial marriage for political purposes. The indian girl was loaded though, from a high caste. I have no idead why she selected that semi-deadbeat suedo professional creep. Maybe the white skin and red hair he had. it's about all he had to offer her and Lord knows that whites don't want a man with white skin and red hair.

You're an idiot.

Um no, actually, now that I think about it, most of the conservatives were fairly averages. Both the jocks, and the snooty elites students were both left-wingers together, even though they hated each others as much as the rest.

However, I was at an inner city school for a short time, and there pretty much everyone was left-wing, and everyone was crap.

I would say that schools in general are going to lean left-wing overall, simply because left-wing belief system is inherently an intellectually lazy position.

If you don't think..... everything about the left-wing position make complete logical sense.

Guns kill people. Just ban guns, and we can eliminate all death. Perfectly logical position, when you have intellectual capacity of a teenager.

Banning pot doesn't work. Legalize all drugs, because it's 'stupid' to stop people from destroying themselves and their families.

Again, a perfectly logical position, when you have intellect of a teenager, and they never connect the fact banning drugs doesn't work, with the banning of guns.

Increase the minimum wage. People 'deserve more', and CEOs are rich. Perfectly logical argument if you the mental capacity of a 14 year-old.

Ironically, I held some left-wing progressive views in high school myself. The only problem was, I started to think, instead of 'feel' what policy should be. The result of thinking, was that I stopped being a left-winger.

Last edited:
Young people in general have more liberal views... It takes some real world experience and the act of sending a good portion of their paychecks to Uncle Sam to conserve them up a bit and help shape their views with more than just theory

Young people in general have more liberal views... ...

Not all young people are stupid.

The majority are. That's one of the reasons I hate it when people say "we have to listen to the children!" Listen to what? Most of them are playing video games, and wasting 20 hours a day on facebook. What experience and wisdom do you think they have, that we need to hear about?

And yeah, I'm speaking from experience. I didn't know jack in high school, and most of the students knew less than I did. I remember them telling the "let's do the Clinton" in high school, when they didn't even know who Clinton was, or what the joke was about. Everyone was laughing, and I'd say "do you know what that means?" ... dur it's something bad that someone did, ha.. ha ha....

The majority are. That's one of the reasons I hate it when people say "we have to listen to the children!" Listen to what? Most of them are playing video games, and wasting 20 hours a day on facebook. What experience and wisdom do you think they have, that we need to hear about?

And yeah, I'm speaking from experience. I didn't know jack in high school, and most of the students knew less than I did. I remember them telling the "let's do the Clinton" in high school, when they didn't even know who Clinton was, or what the joke was about. Everyone was laughing, and I'd say "do you know what that means?" ... dur it's something bad that someone did, ha.. ha ha....

You assume young people are stupid because you were/are.

No, in my school the hippies and the druggies were liberal and the smart kids and the rich kids were conservative. I was a liberal at the time.

My group was a little different...
We dressed like preps and were conservative but we partied more than the biggest heads.
Consequently we were left alone by the teachers and administrators.
Man I loved the eighties......

You assume young people are stupid because you were/are.

No, I assume they were, because they were. In fact, they were dumber than me. And I was stupid.

We had a teacher show the movie "Dave". Have you seen this flick? Not a terrible movie. But in the movie this random guy who looks like the president, ends up accidentally taking his place. In the process he has a look at the budget, and manages to find all kinds of money, in random stuff in the government, enough to cover all the expenses for everything we had.

Do you know how many dozens of students were walking around, talking about how "yeah we could have everything we want, if we could just get some average doofus in the presidency, and he'd find all this magic hidden money".

They thought the movie was a documentary. I heard about that movie for a few years after that. "If we could only get some guy like 'Dave' in the white house, we could fund everything".

Not to mention the fact, that only years later, I realize how dumb it is to complain about poor education results, when teachers are bringing in Fictional movies, to watch in class, instead of studying anything of substance.

I was the only one in my class sitting there thinking..... um.... this if fiction.... it's fabricated... it's not real life. It's a 'story'.

Oh, and by the way, I went to an upper middle class school system, considered one of the best public school systems in the entire state of Ohio. It's not like I was going to Bobsville Schools or something.

Most high school students echo what their parents ideology is... Most start to think for themselves and determine their individual beliefs when they get to college.

Most high school students echo what their parents ideology is... Most start to think for themselves and determine their individual beliefs when they get to college.

Yep...I've been conservative all my life.
And I still am because it's hard to argue against common sense.
Talked to my thirteen year old niece today and was amazed at her political acumen.
She's already sharper than the liberals I see on this board everyday.

Forum List

Back