In your school were the athletes more conservative and the intellects more liberal?

Most high school students echo what their parents ideology is... Most start to think for themselves and determine their individual beliefs when they get to college.

"Most" don't go to college, stupid.

It depends when you went to school. Twenty years ago maybe even five years ago liberal kids would have laughed at you if you suggested that men should be allowed in the ladies room. Liberalism has gone off the charts into insanity.

Most high school students echo what their parents ideology is... Most start to think for themselves and determine their individual beliefs when they get to college.

I would doubt that. Is there any research to indicate that?
Not everything thing needs research reports but I guess if I wanted to I could call some friends, call it a focus group, create a spreadsheet and pie chart, then call it a report... But I think common sense can justify this argument... why do you disagree?

Not everything thing needs research but I guess if I wanted to I could call some friends, call it a focus group, create a spreadsheet and pie chart, then call it a report.

I think common sense can justify this argument... why do you disagree?

Well... only because in my own experience, high school students routinely held completely contradictory view to their parents.

It's not a huge deal either way, and doesn't make a massive difference to any other argument given on this thread.

I'm just curious how true it is, because I don't see it in my own experience.

"Most" don't go to college, stupid.
Jesus... You just love to call people stupid don't you? How about "College aged" does that help you understand my point? Try to read between the lines...

Not everything thing needs research but I guess if I wanted to I could call some friends, call it a focus group, create a spreadsheet and pie chart, then call it a report.

Well... only because in my own experience, high school students routinely held completely contradictory view to their parents.

It's not a huge deal either way, and doesn't make a massive difference to any other argument given on this thread.

Thats fair, My experience was quite the opposite, while I did see some rebellion in some areas for the most part children followed the lessons and examples of their parents. Also when it comes to politics, most high school students just don't have the life experience to have a solid viewpoint. There is a very rapid evolution in thinking for most children when they leave the house and start to fend for themselves.

Thats fair, My experience was quite the opposite, while I did see some rebellion in some areas for the most part children followed the lessons and examples of their parents. Also when it comes to politics, most high school students just don't have the life experience to have a solid viewpoint. There is a very rapid evolution in thinking for most children when they leave the house and start to fend for themselves.

That's also fair. But there is a difference between how they live, verses their views. When you live at home, you have to live under your parents rules. As soon as you get out from that, kids go crazy. Often because their parents were pathetic at parenting (in my opinion).

But as to their opinions on things.... like gun control, sexual rights, blaw blaw blaw... most seemed to be very contradictory to their parents.

No, in my school the hippies and the druggies were liberal and the smart kids and the rich kids were conservative. I was a liberal at the time.

My group was a little different...
We dressed like preps and were conservative but we partied more than the biggest heads.
Consequently we were left alone by the teachers and administrators.
Man I loved the eighties......
Sounds kinda hypocritical.

I loved the 60's.

For athletes, there was a direct correlation of the level of conservatism to the number of hits to the head a guy took. The less brain cells, the further to the Right they moved.

For athletes, there was a direct correlation of the level of conservatism to the number of hits to the head a guy took. The less brain cells, the further to the Right they moved.

Crickets......

What were the athletes and intellects like in their political beliefs?

What about the comic book fans?
I was raised in the South...both the athletes and nerds were Conservative for the most part. I literally remember one kid bringing an American flag to school and running around with it one day...made the news (yea small town).

No, in my school the hippies and the druggies were liberal and the smart kids and the rich kids were conservative. I was a liberal at the time.

My group was a little different...
We dressed like preps and were conservative but we partied more than the biggest heads.
Consequently we were left alone by the teachers and administrators.
Man I loved the eighties......
Sounds kinda hypocritical.

I loved the 60's.

Nah...thats just your liberal bias at work.
You morons never think outside the box.

There were a couple of conservatives in the graduate program in my math department. Very good students too!

A conservative is just a liberal who has been mugged. Sometimes it's a real life mugging that changes your view on self-defense, other times it's a financial mugging by Uncle Sam that changes your view on taxation, while other times it's a mugging on the job or in school where someone gets an advantage for things that have nothing to do with performance.

A conservative is just a liberal who has been mugged. Sometimes it's a real life mugging that changes your view on self-defense, other times it's a financial mugging by Uncle Sam that changes your view on taxation, while other times it's a mugging on the job or in school where someone gets an advantage for things that have nothing to do with performance.

Yeah, and sometimes it's just school of hard knocks that knocks leftist views out of people. You go and find the 1970s hippy movement, where they all lived in communes, and today they are some of the most capitalist people in the country. Apparently working really hard so other people can enjoy what you worked for, ends up being an education of really HARD knocks.

Forum List

Back