Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Correct. I don't respect people who are all factless opinion but won't back up their opinions with facts or money. Sure, you're free to spew your shit all over the Web, but don't expect to be respected for it.
I'll bet you a $1000 they dragged someone down the aisle. Now, what you got to say?
No bet since they obviously did. Now. I bet you, contrary to your assertion that United airlines did it, that someone else did. $1000 bet. Your call.
Funny, but
1) United airlines didn't beat anyone.
But they did drag a doctor who traded drugs for sex a few years ago and there has to be consequences. For the drag, not the drug.
$1000 says United airlines didn't drag the doctor off the plane. Bet? Put up or shut up, Billo. Your call.

Oh please.

You could have started out by stating you have some experience but instead, you've been up and down the thread, daring people to take your bait.

Act like a know-it-all trumpkin fool and that's what I will take you for.
If you were smarter or better educated, then you'd know that argumentum ad verecundiam is a logical fallacy. The only reason I mentioned it was because you brought up experience. In the end, it's the facts that are relevant, not the claims or disclaims of posters. I've posted several factual links about Federal law on this along with Carriage Contracts.

What facts do you bring to this conversation or are you admitting you're just all opinion and insults?

We're not talking about "legality" here. We're talking about a company mistreating customers, this guys mentally instability, even the "police" roughing this guy up, isn't as much an issue as the bullshit the CEO put out that has basically informing every customer in the world that even if they buy a ticket, they may not get to ride.

That CEO pulling "rank" over customers just tanked the company, sitting at $1B in loses right now, and shit hasn't even hit the fan yet...

What nobody seems to mention here is ---- this was a flight from Chicago to Louisville. For those not familiar with the area, that's too short of a distance to even fly at all. You hop in your car and just drive. It's under 300 miles even downtown to downtown.

--- which also means the United employees who wanted to deadhead could have done the same thing --- drive.

Last edited:
We're not talking about "legality" here. We're talking about a company mistreating customers, this guys mentally instability, even the "police" roughing this guy up, isn't as much an issue as the bullshit the CEO put out that has basically informing every customer in the world that even if they buy a ticket, they may not get to ride.

That CEO pulling "rank" over customers just tanked the company, sitting at $1B in loses right now, and shit hasn't even hit the fan yet...
We? Legality is the basis here. The rest is opinion, including the hyperbole of "mistreating customers" since United did no such thing.

Drunks and mentally unstable people shouldn't be flying, which is why Federal law requires they be removed for the safety of the passenger and the flight itself.

Bitch about the CEO all you like since I'm not a fan of "suits" myself, but it's the legality that matters in the end.

Funny, but
But they did drag a doctor who traded drugs for sex a few years ago and there has to be consequences. For the drag, not the drug.
$1000 says United airlines didn't drag the doctor off the plane. Bet? Put up or shut up, Billo. Your call.
United Airlines called in the Brut Squad and then denied culpability
Spin it like Bill Clinton claiming he never smoked pot or never had sex with that woman but facts are facts and law is law.
Have a really nice fucking day!
hatsoff.gif

He WAS dragged off....against his will. I hope he wins millions in lawsuit.

He was also injured but he won't win. Earlier, I read that UAL probably won't sue him.

That's plane travel now.
Ex-Dr. Dao still needs to worry about Federal and State charges against him, something United has no control over. $20 says he's charged and will be convicted. Any takers?
No jury in the country would convict him

United?
that's a different story

With Computers these days, how hard is it to REALLY keep track of the fact that you have 150 seats on an airplane to fill and count down the number remaining as you sell the seats? It's MATH...and computer applications can even do THAT for you there days...

United Airlines, however, over-sold, over-booked their flight. When they figured that out at the gate (because evidently they could not figure out they had done so before that), they offered passengers $400 if they would take the next flight in an attempt to 'un-F*' the situation.

After quite a few people took them up on their offer, United allowed people to board the plane. Once on the plane United discovered there were still 4 passengers too many onboard the plane. At that point United asked 4 people to give up their seats, picking 4 people at random - one of them was 'THIS' guy:

United ASKED a man who had bought a ticket in advance and was told he was on this flight to give up his seat. He said, 'NO'. At that point United offered him $800 to give up his seat. He said, 'No'.

Even though the man told United that he was a doctor and had to be at his destination the next morning, United told the gentleman that he had NO CHOICE but to give up his seat:

"The manager told him that security would be called if he did not leave willingly, Bridges said, and the man said he was calling his lawyer. One security official came and spoke with him, and then another security officer came when he still refused. Then, she said, a third security official came on the plane and threw the passenger against the armrest before dragging him out of the plane."

Because United was too incompetent to count the number of seats on a plane versus how many they sold (or just being greedy and making it a policy to do so to ensure all seats are sold), United Airlines physically dragged a doctor off a plane.

I smell a major lawsuit! GOOD!

I have faced a similar situation with them, was forced to take the next flight....which was in the morning (though I did not make them drag my arse off the plane).

Over-booking is either incompetence or bad policy...or both. Physically dragging someone off the plane is also NOT an option. I don't care if United had to offer someone $2,000 or more before someone finally took their offer and gave up their seat voluntarily - it was their screw up. They should have had to keep raising the amount of the money until someone volunteered.

I have a feeling the doctor's lawyers are going to make United pay way more than $800.

Video: Security drags screaming United Airlines passenger off overbooked flight — literally - Hot Air
They all overbook for a reason. They have a running percentage on no-shows. Sometimes they get caught.

Who cares? No shows have PAID. All that does is literally lighten the load.

You'll notice I replaced your post where it actually belongs so it makes sense. Learn to do it on your own.

What nobody seems to mention here is ---- this was a flight from Chicago to Louisville. For those not familiar with the area, that's too short of a distance to even fly at all. You hop in your car and just drive. It's under 300 miles even downtown to downtown.

--- which also means the United employees who wanted to deadhead could have done the same thing --- drive.
1) It's a 4.5 hour drive, so the good Doctor could have rented a car.

2) How much do you know about Federal flight crew flight time and duty time rules?

Funny, but
United Airlines called in the Brut Squad and then denied culpability
Spin it like Bill Clinton claiming he never smoked pot or never had sex with that woman but facts are facts and law is law.
Have a really nice fucking day!
hatsoff.gif
Totally irrelevant
United called in security to do whatever necessary to remove their chosen victim

When you scream like a snowflake it's time to take you off the plane. Once you are in the air it's too late to deal with a maniac snowflake. That being said; cheap ass airlines need to offer more compensation than they currently do for bumping you.

1. Yes they did.

2. Slogan - Get on a doctor, get off a patient.
Same bet to you: $1000 says United airlines didn't beat or drag off Dao.

Who do you believe pays for that company?

Let me explain: Back when I had bookstores in Denver,

The mall paid a security company.
The stores paid the mall.
The customers of the stores paid the stores.

Get it?

==
Edit:
What bet?
==
Taxes pay for the Chicago PD, not United alone. Spin it all you like, but facts are facts.

As for the $1000 bet you are dodging, you quoted it. If you owned bookstores, I'm assuming you can read. Am I assuming too much?

2) How much do you know about Federal flight crew flight time and duty time rules?
The Doctor had a plane ticked to get home
A five hour drive in the middle of the night is not an acceptable alternative

Correct --- ANY of the passengers could have rented a car, or drove their own, and saved time over shuttling out to an airport, standing around in TSA grope lines, sitting around on tarmac, waiting around in baggage claim and shuttling out to one's destination where one has no car. Flying that short a distance is just stupid, time consuming and costs a hell of a lot more anyway.

Nashville from here is a bit further than this run. When my company wanted to fly me out to Nashville I'd say "just give me what you were going to give the airline" and I'd drive out using a fraction of that cost and pocket the remainder. Sometimes people just don't think.

Yesterday I drove three times that distance. Cost me I think $38.

Forum List

Back