Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

How many other passengers? Not one of them had the human decency to say, "ok enough already, i'll get off so this fruitcake can stay". Geez.

What's happened to America?

Don't forget, this kook escaped and ran back onto a passenger plane. Sounds federal offense to me?

Unconscious? A lot of screaming. More baloney. Charge him. It is not his plane.

If you got a carpool, hot chick wants ride or this wackjob? Get out of me car goofball, or I will drag you out. Same for United. They gave money back.

What nobody seems to mention here is ---- this was a flight from Chicago to Louisville. For those not familiar with the area, that's too short of a distance to even fly at all. You hop in your car and just drive. It's under 300 miles even downtown to downtown.

--- which also means the United employees who wanted to deadhead could have done the same thing --- drive.
1) It's a 4.5 hour drive, so the good Doctor could have rented a car.

2) How much do you know about Federal flight crew flight time and duty time rules?
The Doctor had a plane ticked to get home
A five hour drive in the middle of the night is not an acceptable alternative
Yes, it sucks, but it's reality. Savvy travelers know to show up early for check-in to avoid being bumped.

Could the police have handled this better? Yes. Most know how to de-escalate the situation even if it meant deplaning everyone first. OTOH, Dao was a nutjob. I don't give a shit about his past, but his behavior on that night was waaaaaay over the fucking limit. Not just refusing to leave at the point of screaming and fighting but running back onto the plane. He will be lucky to not face Federal charges, which I think he most definitely will face. The Feds take this shit seriously. No matter what the UAL PR wants, the Feds and the State of Illinois make the calls here.

No jury in the country would convict him

United?
that's a different story
We'll see. I noticed you refused to take the $1000 bet, so that tells me you don't believe your own words.
You have already lost
Since $1000 is too rich for you, how about $25, the annual payment for Gold membership on USMB?
You have already lost

United called in the Brute squad so they wouldn't be inconvenienced
They are culpable

What nobody seems to mention here is ---- this was a flight from Chicago to Louisville. For those not familiar with the area, that's too short of a distance to even fly at all. You hop in your car and just drive. It's under 300 miles even downtown to downtown.

--- which also means the United employees who wanted to deadhead could have done the same thing --- drive.

2) How much do you know about Federal flight crew flight time and duty time rules?
Yes, it sucks, but it's reality. Savvy travelers know to show up early for check-in to avoid being bumped.

Could the police have handled this better? Yes. Most know how to de-escalate the situation even if it meant deplaning everyone first. OTOH, Dao was a nutjob. I don't give a shit about his past, but his behavior on that night was waaaaaay over the fucking limit. Not just refusing to leave at the point of screaming and fighting but running back onto the plane. He will be lucky to not face Federal charges, which I think he most definitely will face. The Feds take this shit seriously. No matter what the UAL PR wants, the Feds and the State of Illinois make the calls here.
The flight was not overbooked it was full of paying customers

It was Uniteds decision that its profits were more important than their passengers schedules

Bring Dr Dao up on charges

United needs the publicity

United?
that's a different story
We'll see. I noticed you refused to take the $1000 bet, so that tells me you don't believe your own words.
You have already lost
Since $1000 is too rich for you, how about $25, the annual payment for Gold membership on USMB?
You have already lost

They are culpable
So are you taking the $25 Gold membership bet or not?

Re earlier posts on what they could have offered Fed regs allow them to pay up to $1,350 cash, not voucher, but cash. Another factor is they probably singled the guy out because he was a white male and kept provoking him over and over and over, to avoid 'discrimination' lawsuits. It's okay to abuse white males, after all.

It was Uniteds decision that its profits were more important than their passengers schedules

Yes. There was also a 'jump seat' in the cockpit the 4th employee could have used instead of harassing the guy.

...Bring Dr Dao up on charges

That's a concept you don't seem to understand, sir. It's not United's call whether or not to bring Dao up on Federal or State charges. Dao violated both Federal and State law by his behavior. United wants to avoid bad PR, but it's out of their hands now. Dao is going to face a lot of grief from this day forward. $25 bet on it?

Re earlier posts on what they could have offered Fed regs allow them to pay up to $1,350 cash, not voucher, but cash. Another factor is they probably singled the guy out because he was a white male and kept provoking him over and over and over, to avoid 'discrimination' lawsuits. It's okay to abuse white males, after all.

He's Vietnamese actually. And the four evicted passengers were (supposedly) selected at random by computer.

Yes. There was also a 'jump seat' in the cockpit the 4th employee could have used instead of harassing the guy.
1) only if one of them were pilots.
2) Not required by law or most pilot union contracts.

He's Vietnamese actually. And the four evicted passengers were (supposedly) selected at random by computer.
Random, yes, but it's not just a lottery. Airlines go by check-in time and ticket price. No business is going to kick out their highest paying customers.

The world is going up in flames and....

people worry about somebody who was carried out of a plane

meh

The world is going up in flames and....

people worry about somebody who was carried out of a plane

meh
The "world is ending" has been going on for 2000 years. OTOH, I agree this is a Tempest in a Teapot.

...Bring Dr Dao up on charges

That's a concept you don't seem to understand, sir. It's not United's call whether or not to bring Dao up on Federal or State charges. Dao violated both Federal and State law by his behavior. United wants to avoid bad PR, but it's out of their hands now. Dao is going to face a lot of grief from this day forward. $25 bet on it?

You ain't the brightest bulb in the light tower are ya.

How the fuck are you going to define "a lot of grief"?
This guy is what, 69 years old and from Vietnam. I doubt there's much he could be put through that would amount to "grief" over that.

Further, the post doesn't say or imply it's "United's call". It says (sarcastically) that United needs the publicity. Which it will get, regardless WHOSE call it is. United would hope this guy doesn't get charged.

It's okay to discriminate against Asians as well; the state of California routinely does in its University admissions, and nearly every other state does as well. They would never harass a woman, hispanic, or black in these self-inflicted 'problem' situations. Black, females, and latino quotas come first.

United?
that's a different story
You have already lost
You have already lost

They are culpable
So are you taking the $25 Gold membership bet or not?
I have been on this board too long to engage in silly games

Fool me once....

White male????????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forum List

Back