Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Been there...done that

Let's bet $25 million....You afraid?
Scroll up. $25M bet it is!...although I strongly doubt you'll ever pay.

...Bring Dr Dao up on charges

United needs the publicity
That's a concept you don't seem to understand, sir. It's not United's call whether or not to bring Dao up on Federal or State charges. Dao violated both Federal and State law by his behavior. United wants to avoid bad PR, but it's out of their hands now. Dao is going to face a lot of grief from this day forward. $25 bet on it?

No District Attorney is going to bring charges against an elderly man who was arguing against the horrible treatment he was receiving
Especially when the police officer slammed his face against an armrest

$25 ?
Why not make it $25 million?

chickenshit?
Okay, $25 MILLION Dao faces either Federal or State charges. I doubt you can pay even $100, but $25M it is.
I always pay my debts

I just have trouble collecting them on the interweb

That's a concept you don't seem to understand, sir. It's not United's call whether or not to bring Dao up on Federal or State charges. Dao violated both Federal and State law by his behavior. United wants to avoid bad PR, but it's out of their hands now. Dao is going to face a lot of grief from this day forward. $25 bet on it?

No District Attorney is going to bring charges against an elderly man who was arguing against the horrible treatment he was receiving

$25 ?

chickenshit?
Okay, $25 MILLION Dao faces either Federal or State charges. I doubt you can pay even $100, but $25M it is.

Oh, I want in on this bet! Here's my money! :D

HB00035.jpg
Which is, no doubt, exactly the type of money rightwinger will try to pay me. No worries. I really don't expect most losers to actually pay off bets. In fact, I'm batting about .250 in bet collection from anonymous assholes on the Internet. The real value in such bets is proving they are assholes. Lying scumbags too. That, to me, is priceless.

Been there...done that

$25 ?

chickenshit?
I always pay my debts

When Dao is charged, I'll be looking forward to collecting your $25M.

The world is going up in flames and....

people worry about somebody who was carried out of a plane

meh

Pay no attention to a local issue....we got Syria to worry about

You are one stupid bitch

I'm sorry if you are upset.

But I personally find this news totally irrelevant.

Like nothing.

But that's just me. :dunno:

It's relevant insofar as it's an example that a customer who's fully paid the agreed price, can be forcibly removed and assaulted. And it wouldn't have to be on an airline. To the degree we ignore it, to that degree we enable it.

"When they came for the United Airlines passengers I said nothing because I was not a United Airlines passenger...."

meh

You are one stupid bitch

Like nothing.

If you find it irrelevant, post on other threads

So are you taking the $25 Gold membership bet or not?
I have been on this board too long to engage in silly games

Fool me once....
Translation: You are correct, DW. I won't bet you because I'd lose. That doesn't stop me from spouting off with my emotional, factless opinions so go fuck yourself.

No worries, dude.

Factless opinions. Opinions are both fact and fiction, that is why they are called opinions. As for him being charged, no chance. You seem to think because it is a federal law that it is good law. It is not. It is dumb law. Why does it need a federal law anyway? What is its point (the law that is)?

they would certainly lose in a jury trial, which is why they'll have to make him a large settlement offer; he has them means to keep them in court for a while, and isn't desperate for the money.

meh

You are one stupid bitch

Like nothing.

If you find it irrelevant, post on other threads

I wanted to express my opinion. :)

He's Vietnamese actually. And the four evicted passengers were (supposedly) selected at random by computer.

It's okay to discriminate against Asians as well; the state of California routinely does in its University admissions, and nearly every other state does as well. They would never harass a woman, hispanic, or black in these self-inflicted 'problem' situations. Black, females, and latino quotas come first.

So you got caught with your rhetorical pants down and your response is "I always dress this way, it's very 'in'".

Pathetic.

Yes, getting caught telling it like it is always bad for you propagandists.

You didn't "tell it like it is", Aaron. You tried to claim the airline chose the passenger and that he was chosen for being a white male. ALL of which is made-up bullshit.

It's a distinction without a difference, no matter how much you wish it weren't.

Then why did you go out of your way to specifically make that distinction, if it has no difference?

Dig much? :dig:

Been there...done that

$25 ?

chickenshit?
I always pay my debts

Good...I am looking forward to you welching

Your kind always talks the talk.....but never back it up

Factless opinions. Opinions are both fact and fiction, that is why they are called opinions. As for him being charged, no chance. You seem to think because it is a federal law that it is good law. It is not. It is dumb law. Why does it need a federal law anyway? What is its point (the law that is)?
Good question. Why have any laws at all?

Been there...done that

$25 ?

chickenshit?
I always pay my debts

We'll know over the next few months who is the welcher.

All I need to win is for Dao to face a criminal charge, either Federal or State.

The same reason a cop is suspended when he shoots someone on the job, he's being investigated. They haven't said he did anything wrong and he wasn't laid off, as of yet.
If you're suggesting suspension is automatic every time a cop uses deadly force you are mistaken. Suspension occurs whenever there is cause to suspect some misconduct.

You might want to rethink that.
No need to re-think it. But I should re-phrase it.

Suspension occurs only when there is substantial cause to suspect some serious misconduct.

Apologies for the incomplete thought and carelessly incomplete sentence.

I happen to know that it is standard policy in many police agencies to relieve an officer involved in officer-involved shooting and the officer placed on administrative leave with pay, pending the outcome of an investigation into the circumstances.

You are simply wrong. Now, be a good boy, apologize and slink off to wherever you came from.

$25 ?

chickenshit?

Oh, I want in on this bet! Here's my money! :D

HB00035.jpg
Which is, no doubt, exactly the type of money rightwinger will try to pay me. No worries. I really don't expect most losers to actually pay off bets. In fact, I'm batting about .250 in bet collection from anonymous assholes on the Internet. The real value in such bets is proving they are assholes. Lying scumbags too. That, to me, is priceless.

Who said anything about REAL money? :p

Been there...done that

I always pay my debts

Few months?

I've played with assholes like yourself.......You will claim decades for charges to be filed

I always pay my debts

Few months?

I've played with assholes like yourself.......You will claim decades for charges to be filed
Set a time limit. I'd say within 6 weeks, but to hedge my bet, 6 months. Fair?

The same reason a cop is suspended when he shoots someone on the job, he's being investigated. They haven't said he did anything wrong and he wasn't laid off, as of yet.
If you're suggesting suspension is automatic every time a cop uses deadly force you are mistaken. Suspension occurs whenever there is cause to suspect some misconduct.

You might want to rethink that.
No need to re-think it. But I should re-phrase it.

Suspension occurs only when there is substantial cause to suspect some serious misconduct.

Apologies for the incomplete thought and carelessly incomplete sentence.

I happen to know that it is standard policy in many police agencies to relieve an officer involved in officer-involved shooting and the officer placed on administrative leave with pay, pending the outcome of an investigation into the circumstances.

You are simply wrong. Now, be a good boy, apologize and slink off to wherever you came from.
Not sure, exactly, what you guys are arguing about, but I do agree suspension for shootings is SOP. This wasn't a shooting. The passenger refused to lawfully leave and was dragged off the airplane. He fought back. As those on this forum who have flown know, it's pretty tight on those airplanes, so a struggling, thrashing person can easily hurt others or himself. It's up for the Chicago PD to decide whether or not to put those police officers on paid suspension.

Incorrect, but I guess you're used to being wrong. Nice straw man argument even though it's very sophomoric.

Yes, corporations make mistakes, but this one is sure to come out like I said; a last minute movement of a flight crew due to a mechanical or weather problem AKA Force Majeure.
Force Majeure would be a far less avoidable situation than United's overbooked passenger seats.

When United found itself up against firm resistance the problem could have been resolved in a much more acceptable manner than what we've seen in the video.

Forum List

Back