Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Factless opinions. Opinions are both fact and fiction, that is why they are called opinions. As for him being charged, no chance. You seem to think because it is a federal law that it is good law. It is not. It is dumb law. Why does it need a federal law anyway? What is its point (the law that is)?
Good question. Why have any laws at all?

Homicide is a great example. Why have homicide laws? What dumb arse laws! I mean, they are comparable to having to inconvenience people and chucking them off a flight because the airline hasn't got its shit together. What do you do for an encore compare rape laws to parking tickets?

Force Majeure would be a far less avoidable situation than United's overbooked passenger seats.

When United found itself up against firm resistance the problem could have been resolved in a much more acceptable manner than what we've seen in the video.
True about overbooking, but the Force Majeure factor here was the, apparently, last minute addition of four crew members. IMO, this is most likely due to a weather or mechanical issue involving the original crew. Time and additional facts will reveal the truth as to what happened.

Regardless, United and the Chicago police acted lawfully while Dr. Dao did not. rightwinger has bet me $25,000,000 Dao won't face legal charges whereas I believe he will. True, I don't expect him to pay, but a win's a win!

Factless opinions. Opinions are both fact and fiction, that is why they are called opinions. As for him being charged, no chance. You seem to think because it is a federal law that it is good law. It is not. It is dumb law. Why does it need a federal law anyway? What is its point (the law that is)?
Good question. Why have any laws at all?

Homicide is a great example. Why have homicide laws? What dumb arse laws! I mean, they are comparable to having to inconvenience people and chucking them off a flight because the airline hasn't got its shit together. What do you do for an encore compare rape laws to parking tickets?
You're the one who suggested people shouldn't have to obey laws. You tell me.

I happen to know that it is standard policy in many police agencies to relieve an officer involved in officer-involved shooting and the officer placed on administrative leave with pay, pending the outcome of an investigation into the circumstances.

You are simply wrong. Now, be a good boy, apologize and slink off to wherever you came from.
You happen to know what you think you know. FYI, administrative leave is not suspension.

A police officer on administrative leave retains full official status and payment. But when an officer is suspended he is off payroll and he surrenders shield and gun(s).

Now go and play somewhere else.

I happen to know that it is standard policy in many police agencies to relieve an officer involved in officer-involved shooting and the officer placed on administrative leave with pay, pending the outcome of an investigation into the circumstances.

You are simply wrong. Now, be a good boy, apologize and slink off to wherever you came from.
You happen to know what you think you know. FYI, administrative leave is not suspension.

A police officer on administrative leave retains full official status and payment. But when an officer is suspended he is off payroll and he surrenders shield and gun(s).

Now go and play somewhere else.

So, you have proof that this is the policy in every police department in this country? You are so full of shit, I'll bet your eyes are brown.

I always pay my debts

I just have trouble collecting them on the interweb
We'll see by Halloween, won't we?
Since you probably don't have $25M handy, I'd be happy to settle this bet with a $25 Gold Membership paid to USMB. Your choice to accept or not. Think about it for a day but let me know soon since I expect charges to be filed on Dao any day now.

What nobody seems to mention here is ---- this was a flight from Chicago to Louisville. For those not familiar with the area, that's too short of a distance to even fly at all. You hop in your car and just drive. It's under 300 miles even downtown to downtown.

--- which also means the United employees who wanted to deadhead could have done the same thing --- drive.
1) It's a 4.5 hour drive, so the good Doctor could have rented a car.

2) How much do you know about Federal flight crew flight time and duty time rules?

Yep, he could have but he bought a plane ticket.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

When you scream like a snowflake it's time to take you off the plane. Once you are in the air it's too late to deal with a maniac snowflake. That being said; cheap ass airlines need to offer more compensation than they currently do for bumping you.

Attacked, assaulted, bleeding - he had very good cause to scream.

Likely the screaming is why they bashed his head. Threw him down and dragged him.

1. Yes they did.

2. Slogan - Get on a doctor, get off a patient.
Same bet to you: $1000 says United airlines didn't beat or drag off Dao.

Who do you believe pays for that company?

Let me explain: Back when I had bookstores in Denver,

The mall paid a security company.
The stores paid the mall.
The customers of the stores paid the stores.

Get it?

==
Edit:
What bet?
==
Taxes pay for the Chicago PD, not United alone. Spin it all you like, but facts are facts.

As for the $1000 bet you are dodging, you quoted it. If you owned bookstores, I'm assuming you can read. Am I assuming too much?

Just like my stores weren't the only sources of payment for mall security or, for that matter, city police.

You're the one who suggested people shouldn't have to obey laws. You tell me.

No, I don't care for the law. And you seem think the law is okay...
Again, you assume to much. You are making an emotional appeal, not a logical one. I've simply posted about the law. Feel free to quote where I support it or not.

In fact, I've posted several times that the situation could have been handled better; namely by deplaning the entire aircraft then embarking only authorized passengers.

What you seem to overlook is that Dr. Dao ran back onto the airplane. If you are really a doctor, what is your assessment of his behavior? Do you know the Federal law about air transportation of unruly passengers?

Yep, he could have but he bought a plane ticket....
...and read the Contract of Carriage when he did. Afterall, he's a doctor, right? Is it too much to assume he knows how to read?

He could have taken an earlier flight or checked in earlier. He could have bought a ticket on another airline, a bus or rented a car. The world was his oyster. Yet, his choice was to violate the law and tell the police to throw someone else off the plane because he was too important.

Thank God it was not a 300lb black. Land O' Goshen! The riots could last months.

"But you let whites stay on".

Security, bring the extra HV stun gun to gate 11A. OK, we're going in. You first Jim.

Spin it like Bill Clinton claiming he never smoked pot or never had sex with that woman but facts are facts and law is law.
Have a really nice fucking day!
hatsoff.gif
Here we are, almost 200 posts in and I still don't know what your fucking point is? Cut the foreplay and state what your point is.

I understand and basically have no problem overbooking... as long as the airlines understand that one they do that and they run into a situation like 'this' they will be forced to pay whatever the customer wants / will accept to give up their seat....not what THEY are willing to pay....and they sure as hell have no fight to physically remove a passenger from the plane in such a situation as this.

I have no doubt that had they explained to the people on board the plane that he was a doctor who had to be at his destination AND offered MORE money someone would have ended up volunteering.

My guess is that if you read the fine print....he was told that they could excuse his ass from the airplane for just about any reason. He's likely the one in error and should probably apologize to United.

Is $400 even enough to find a hotel room for the night? That compensation sounds outrageously low to me.

If the man lost money from his work or business they should pay for that along with a penalty bonus on top, say 3 times what he lost as compensation and for the asshole way they handled it, and do so within 30 days.

The airline offered $400 and then $800 for volunteers. This is for volunteering for a flight that leaves 3PM the NEXT DAY

They are not even offering cash, they are offering a "cash voucher" good for another United flight within one year

Hardly worth disrupting your schedule by one day. No wonder they didn't find people rushing to "volunteer"
not only that the airline would provide a hotel room for that NIGHT leaving the passenger to fend for himself from check out time (around 8 am ) untill flight departure .. cash might have helped get volunteers .

Force Majeure would be a far less avoidable situation than United's overbooked passenger seats.

When United found itself up against firm resistance the problem could have been resolved in a much more acceptable manner than what we've seen in the video.
True about overbooking, but the Force Majeure factor here was the, apparently, last minute addition of four crew members. IMO, this is most likely due to a weather or mechanical issue involving the original crew. Time and additional facts will reveal the truth as to what happened.

Regardless, United and the Chicago police acted lawfully while Dr. Dao did not. rightwinger has bet me $25,000,000 Dao won't face legal charges whereas I believe he will. True, I don't expect him to pay, but a win's a win!
What law did Dao break?

Forum List

Back