Zone1 Insight of General Patton on Race

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
In October 1944 General Patton personally met the 761st Tank Battalion (Black Panthers) on Omaha Beach. In this battalion was the soon to be famous 1st Lt Jackie Robinson.

This is what he said to them.

“Men, you're the first Negro tankers to ever fight in the American Army. I would never have asked for you if you weren't good. I have nothing but the best in my Army. I don't care what color you are as long as you go up there and kill those Kraut sonsofbitches. Everyone has their eyes on you and is expecting great things from you. Most of all your race is looking forward to your success. Don't let them down and damn you, don't let me down! They say it is patriotic to die for your country. Well, let’s see how many patriots we can make out of those German sonsofbitches.”

In October 1944 General Patton personally met the 761st Tank Battalion (Black Panthers) on Omaha Beach. In this battalion was the soon to be famous 1st Lt Jackie Robinson.

“Men, you're the first Negro tankers to ever fight in the American Army. I would never have asked for you if you weren't good. I have nothing but the best in my Army. I don't care what color you are as long as you go up there and kill those Kraut sonsofbitches. Everyone has their eyes on you and is expecting great things from you. Most of all your race is looking forward to your success. Don't let them down and damn you, don't let me down! They say it is patriotic to die for your country. Well, let’s see how many patriots we can make out of those German sonsofbitches.”
"Patton, who routinely referred to black soldiers as “*******,” rotated his white combat troops every week or two after fighting on the front – but the 761st served for more than six months with the same personnel, sustaining a 50 percent casualty rate."

Also, it's pretty silly to say you aren't racist just because you let some lemmings go out and die for you during a war. lol They had a draft during ww2, so I'm pretty sure they needed al the help they could get.

The whites treated black soldiers like garbage. Even Jesse Owens said that FDR snubbed him at the olympics. This is why it is important to ignore white people trying dispel the racism in their community.

"Patton, who routinely referred to black soldiers as “*******,” rotated his white combat troops every week or two after fighting on the front – but the 761st served for more than six months with the same personnel, sustaining a 50 percent casualty rate."

Also, it's pretty silly to say you aren't racist just because you let some lemmings go out and die for you during a war. lol They had a draft during ww2, so I'm pretty sure they needed al the help they could get.

The whites treated black soldiers like garbage. Even Jesse Owens said that FDR snubbed him at the olympics. This is why it is important to ignore white people trying dispel the racism in their community.

Patton was a southern US man of his time, who seems to at least have tried to overcome his inherent and decades long racism, even if he didn't succeed completely to our current standards.

The veterans of the 761st were overall proud to be part of 3rd Army and led by him.

The N word was as acceptable as ‘black’ is today. It’s in common use in black communities today.

As far as rotations, they were a tank battalion. A black battalion. And within weeks of arrival was the Battle of the Bulge. Nobody got rotated for a loooong time then.

I'm thinking General Patton would not have been a fan of DEI.

Forum List

Back