Interbreeding between Jews and Muslims: The answer

jillian said:
In your hands, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You have little bits and pieces of information, but no inderstanding of the meaning of the information.

Do you know WHY children are considered to be what the mother is in Judaism, oh great and powerful conspiracy theorist?

It's because there were no DNA test and you ALWAYS know who the mother is...not so with the father.

Putz.

Thats not what the Talmud says.

dilloduck said:
Thats not what the Talmud says.

The Talmud also doesn't say that there was no refrigeration, pork caused trichinosis and people got sick, hence the prohibition against pork. But that's where it comes from.

What does the talmud says on the subject?

The prohibition on pork is absurd in this day and age. Is it just a coincidence that the non-pork eaters are causing most of the problems in the world today? I think not.

PORK AND LIBERTY!!!!!!

jillian said:
The Talmud also doesn't say that there was no refrigeration, pork caused trichinosis and people got sick, hence the prohibition against pork. But that's where it comes from.

What does the talmud says on the subject?

Read what I posted:read:

jillian said:
In your hands, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You have little bits and pieces of information, but no inderstanding of the meaning of the information.

Do you know WHY children are considered to be what the mother is in Judaism, oh great and powerful conspiracy theorist?

It's because there were no DNA test and you ALWAYS know who the mother is...not so with the father.

Putz.

The point is that jewishness is racial.

rtwngAvngr said:

That seems to be the gist of it. The early Rabbis interpreted the bible to mean that if your mother was a Jew, you are a Jew. They want people who have a direct genetic tie to the original Jews.

dilloduck said:
Read what I posted:read:

I did. And its one rabbi's opinion as to the genesis of the rule. There are many others. Thing you have to understand about Judaism is that, basically, every rabbi has his own take on things. There's no "heap-big-em-authority-figure" telling them how to construe things. Additionally, the talmud, which RWA rails about and misconstrues all the time, is basically the result of a bunch of rabbis sitting in Safad arguing over how best to carry out the rules set forth in the parts of the bible like Leviticus.

As for the quote given from Ezra, while interesting, isn't intended to be taken literally in that regard since the bible isn't read as a literal work in Judaism.

jillian said:
I did. And its one rabbi's opinion as to the genesis of the rule. There are many others. Thing you have to understand about Judaism is that, basically, every rabbi has his own take on things. There's no "heap-big-em-authority-figure" telling them how to construe things. Additionally, the talmud, which RWA rails about and misconstrues all the time, is basically the result of a bunch of rabbis sitting in Safad arguing over how best to carry out the rules set forth in the parts of the bible like Leviticus.

As for the quote given from Ezra, while interesting, isn't intended to be taken literally in that regard since the bible isn't read as a literal work in Judaism.

I know what the Talmud is--show me where a Rabbi claims that you are NOT a Jew if your mother is a Jew.

jillian said:
. Additionally, the talmud, which RWA rails about and misconstrues all the time, is basically the result of a bunch of rabbis sitting in Safad arguing over how best to carry out the rules set forth in the parts of the bible like Leviticus.

Exactly, which is why it's odd that Rabbinical Judaism considers their opinions the ultimate truth. It's just as absurd as catholics believing that the interpretations of priests and cardinals are just as binding as the bible itself. This is why I prefer bible based forms of christianity over the dogma of hierarchical churches like catholicism.

All the battles in the world are between totalitarianism and freedom, Rigid hierarchical socities versus flat ones with TONS of individual rights. In islam the SHIA are like the catholics, with their mullahs having supreme authority in matters of interpretation, while the sunnis are like the "bible-based" christians, and the Karaite jews.

rtwngAvngr said:
Ok, so where is the Jewish 'chromosome'? They've identified the other racial ones.

rtwngAvngr said:
Exactly, which is why it's odd that Rabbinical Judaism considers their opinions the ultimate truth. It's just as absurd as catholics believing that the interpretations of priests and cardinals are just as binding as the bible itself. This is why I prefer bible based forms of christianity over the dogma of hierarchical churches like catholicism.

All the battles in the world are between totalitarianism and freedom, Rigid hierarchical socities versus flat ones with TONS of individual rights. In islam the SHIA are like the catholics, with their mullahs having supreme authority in matters of interpretation, while the sunnis are like the "bible-based" christians, and the Karaite jews.

:laugh: I see your knowledge of Catholocism is just a on the mark as is your knowledge of Judaism. Catholics don't even believe the pope is infalliable except in very controlled areas of theology. The last being set in the 1950's.

Kathianne said:
:laugh: I see your knowledge of Catholocism is just a on the mark as is your knowledge of Judaism. Catholics don't even believe the pope is infalliable except in very controlled areas of theology. The last being set in the 1950's.

THis is what I have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

In Roman Catholic theology, Papal infallibility is the dogma that the Pope is preserved from error when he solemnly promulgates, or declares, to the Church a decision on faith or morals.

This doctrine was defined dogmatically in the First Vatican Council of 1870. In Catholic theology, papal infallibility is one of the channels of the Infallibility of the Church.

Now show me yours.

The Infallibility of the church is also quite totalitarian and cultish in nature, and subject to abuse, deception of the masses, and descent into mass apostasy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infallibility_of_the_Church
The Infallibility of the Church is the belief that the Holy Spirit will not allow the Church to err in its belief or teaching under certain circumstances. This belief is held in a variety of forms by different Christian groups, including the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox churches.

Kathianne said:

Hey lady, this backs me.

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17–19; John 21:15–17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."

rtwngAvngr said:
Hey lady, this backs me.

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17–19; John 21:15–17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."
Jason, context is everything. But I will not argue religion with you. Not mine, certainly not yours. I do pray for you.

Kathianne said:
Jason, context is everything. But I will not argue religion with you. Not mine, certainly not yours. I do pray for you.

SO put it in context. You lost, admit it.

This paper says he is not free of sin. That's not what we're talking about.

Kathianne said:
Ok, so where is the Jewish 'chromosome'? They've identified the other racial ones.

Kathianne, jews believe jewishness is bestowed through the mother. take it up with them and quit being a child.

rtwngAvngr said:
The Infallibility of the church is also quite totalitarian and cultish in nature, and subject to abuse, deception of the masses, and descent into mass apostasy.

Show me a church that isn't 'cultish' in nature.

I think the Italians are the only ones who take the Pope seriously. My grandfather met the Pope John Paul II, sort of. That's kind of neat, in a way.

Said1 said:
Show me a church that isn't 'cultish' in nature.

I think the Italians are the only ones who take the Pope seriously. My grandfather met the Pope John Paul II, sort of. That's kind of neat, in a way.
Compared to Luthern, Episcopalian, and Presbyterian, I find the Catholic services not only absent of cultism, but rather devoid of a 'message' other than Christians are one and we need to serve others.

From the Protestant denominations, there is much more a sense of 'community' and 'need to belong.' I don't know about anyone else, but that is much more likely to lead to 'cultism' than the former.

Forum List

Back