Interesting Article

Gentiles aren't required to follow Jewish laws, and the Temple was destroyed. Whether or not you like the Torah, it is part of Christian theology and much of Jesus's teachings derive from it. The Talmud rubbish is a different story; Jews aren't required to follow the Oral Torah either.; it's a fabrication, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary. The only Torah is the one of Moses, and it is complete as written, as he also stated clearly.
You know Christians are Gentiles now, right? The tribes of Israel no longer exist.

So Torah is critical to Christianity, yet Gentiles aren't required to follow it. Well, okay, then. All the Christians I know are Gentiles. All the Christians I know are not required to follow Jewish laws.

I'm good to go, then. I'll abide the true law of God, to love God and my neighbors.

Am I sinning for not following Torah?

Part Four outline of Joachim Jeremia's Jerusalem in the Time of Jesus

Part Four
THE MAINTENANCE OF RACIAL PURITY

XII THE STRUCTURE OF THE NATIONAL COMMUNITY

XIII ISRAELITES OF PURE ANCESTRY

A. Legitimacy of ancestry

B. Historical value of lay genealogies

C. Civil rights of full Israelites

XIV DESPISED TRADES AND JEWISH SLAVES

A. Despised trades
B. Jewish slaves

XV ILLEGITIMATE ISRAELITES

A. Israelites with slight blemish

1.Illegitimate descendants of priests

1. 2.Proselytes

3.Freed Gentile slaves

2. B. Israelites with grave blemish
    1. Bastards
    2. Temple slaves, fatherless, foundlings,eunuchs
XVI GENTILE SLAVES

XVII THE SAMARITANS

XVIII THE SOCIAL POSITION OF WOMEN

OT sources

The list of exiles in Ezra 2.2-63, par. Neh. 7.7-65. gives the following order:

(a) Families of pure descent:

Lay people: Ezra 2.2- 35. par. Neh. 7.7-38.

Priests: Ezra 2.36-39, par. Neh. 7.39-42.

Levites: Ezra 2.40-42, par. Neh. 7.43-45.

(b) Temple servants: Ezra 2.43-54, par. Neh. 7.46-56

royal slaves: Ezra 2.55-58, par. Neh. 7.57-60.

Appendix - Israelites and priests with no genealogy. Ezra 2.59-63, par. Neh, 7.61-65.

Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity (simpletoremember.com)
Interesting article. It goes into detail why Jews reject Jesus as the Messiah
1) JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:
A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID
According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (1) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.
The Messiah must be descended on his father’s side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father—and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father’s side from King David! (2)

a) There is no Biblical basis for the idea of a father passing on his tribal line by adoption. A priest who adopts a son from another tribe cannot make him a priest by adoption;

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus’ birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.
The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: "Like a lion, they are at my hands and feet." The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the word "gouged." Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to crucifixion: "They pierced my hands and feet."

Many more at link
What do the Christians say to this article?
The only argument i can come up with is, "jews have their own religion wrong" :dunno:

Once I learned something from a 12 year old girl. For a long time I had been puzzled by the elaborate geneology of Joseph in Matthew Chapter 1. It didn’t make sense. How was it relevant if Jesus was virgin born. That is when the 12 year old girl directed me to Mary’s lineage in the book of Luke. Apparently Christ is a descendant of David. Mary and Joseph were both descendants of David.
Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity (simpletoremember.com)
C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID
According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (1) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.
The Messiah must be descended on his father’s side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father—and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father’s side from King David! (2)

a) There is no Biblical basis for the idea of a father passing on his tribal line by adoption. A priest who adopts a son from another tribe cannot make him a priest by adoption;

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus’ birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.
The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: "Like a lion, they are at my hands and feet." The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the word "gouged." Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to crucifixion: "They pierced my hands and feet."

Many more at link
The only argument i can come up with is, "jews have their own religion wrong" :dunno:

Once I learned something from a 12 year old girl. For a long time I had been puzzled by the elaborate geneology of Joseph in Matthew Chapter 1. It didn’t make sense. How was it relevant if Jesus was virgin born. That is when the 12 year old girl directed me to Mary’s lineage in the book of Luke. Apparently Christ is a descendant of David. Mary and Joseph were both descendants of David.
They addressed that in the OP.
and

I read both of those verses. I’m not sure how you concluded that it had to be on the fathers side.

Gentiles aren't required to follow Jewish laws, and the Temple was destroyed. Whether or not you like the Torah, it is part of Christian theology and much of Jesus's teachings derive from it. The Talmud rubbish is a different story; Jews aren't required to follow the Oral Torah either.; it's a fabrication, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary. The only Torah is the one of Moses, and it is complete as written, as he also stated clearly.
You know Christians are Gentiles now, right?

There are Messianic Jews, always have been.

The tribes of Israel no longer exist.

The orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox disagree; they have all kinds of racial distinctions and rules on who and who isn't a Jew.

So Torah is critical to Christianity, yet Gentiles aren't required to follow it. Well, okay, then. All the Christians I know are Gentiles. All the Christians I know are not required to follow Jewish laws.

They aren't required to follow rules for Jews; they are not exempt from the Ten Commandments and most other spiritual needs.

I'm good to go, then. I'll abide the true law of God, to love God and my neighbors.

Whatever. That is part of the Torah as well, so why you're attempting to create strawmen and deny the OT is important is just weird. There is a difference between an neurotic obsession of the laws and the spiritual nature of the theology.

For the Peanut Gallery, they can read this little book on the differences between the theology of Moses as opposed to the later fabrications by the Babylonian cults that eventually became rabbinical Judaism, and the differences between Jewish Christianity and the bizarre Orthodox practices.

From the Foreword:

"In researching the thousands of Talmudic laws and regulations, Neal has come to realize that Judaism is a religious system designed to legislate morality for its adherents. The daily life of the observant Jew is burdened with an exhaustive code of legal minutia that covers virtually every thought, situation or activity. As Neal brings out, such authoritarian oppression not only makes a mockery of true religion, it actually destroys the Jew’s ability to “think for himself” in the development of genuine moral character. As alluded to above, Christianity’s poor understanding of Judaism has caused considerable confusion—especially when studying the apostle Paul’s complex writings concerning law-keeping and grace. In certain key passages dealing with “law” and “works of law,” it is widely assumed that Paul’s intention is to condemn or abolish the laws and commandments of God. Rather, as Neal’s book shows, Paul was, in those instances, explicitly rejecting the Jews’ traditional “laws” and condemning the idea of attaining “righteousness” through Pharisaic “works of law.” In fact, many of Paul’s teachings on grace, works and law-keeping deal with Judaic traditions rather than God’s Law as found in the Old Testament. This insufficiency in under-standing Judaism—coupled with inaccurate translations of critical sections of Paul’s epistles—has especially affected the Protestant view of “law and grace.” Consequently, many Christians are mistakenly taught that Jesus and Paul abolished the laws and commandments of God through grace—yet nothing could be further from the truth! As this book shows, Jesus upheld the written Law of God as found in the Old Testament—fully emphasizing its spiritual intent—while at the same time rejecting the traditional laws and practices of first century Jewish religion. "

not the slightest in religion from any of them ... liberation theology is why they crucified those during that time and ever since - while the above squander their lives over nepotism.

The orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox disagree; they have all kinds of racial distinctions and rules on who and who isn't a Jew.

They aren't required to follow rules for Jews; they are not exempt from the Ten Commandments and most other spiritual needs.

Whatever. That is part of the Torah as well, so why you're attempting to create strawmen and deny the OT is important is just weird. There is a difference between an neurotic obsession of the laws and the spiritual nature of the theology.

For the Peanut Gallery, they can read this little book on the differences between the theology of Moses as opposed to the later fabrications by the Babylonian cults that eventually became rabbinical Judaism, and the differences between Jewish Christianity and the bizarre Orthodox practices.

From the Foreword:

"In researching the thousands of Talmudic laws and regulations, Neal has come to realize that Judaism is a religious system designed to legislate morality for its adherents. The daily life of the observant Jew is burdened with an exhaustive code of legal minutia that covers virtually every thought, situation or activity. As Neal brings out, such authoritarian oppression not only makes a mockery of true religion, it actually destroys the Jew’s ability to “think for himself” in the development of genuine moral character. As alluded to above, Christianity’s poor understanding of Judaism has caused considerable confusion—especially when studying the apostle Paul’s complex writings concerning law-keeping and grace. In certain key passages dealing with “law” and “works of law,” it is widely assumed that Paul’s intention is to condemn or abolish the laws and commandments of God. Rather, as Neal’s book shows, Paul was, in those instances, explicitly rejecting the Jews’ traditional “laws” and condemning the idea of attaining “righteousness” through Pharisaic “works of law.” In fact, many of Paul’s teachings on grace, works and law-keeping deal with Judaic traditions rather than God’s Law as found in the Old Testament. This insufficiency in under-standing Judaism—coupled with inaccurate translations of critical sections of Paul’s epistles—has especially affected the Protestant view of “law and grace.” Consequently, many Christians are mistakenly taught that Jesus and Paul abolished the laws and commandments of God through grace—yet nothing could be further from the truth! As this book shows, Jesus upheld the written Law of God as found in the Old Testament—fully emphasizing its spiritual intent—while at the same time rejecting the traditional laws and practices of first century Jewish religion. "
Are these Messianic Jews descended from the house of Israel? Are the Levites among them still discharging their priestly duties? Are they maintaining holiness on the temple mount? Are they sacrificing animals? Are they stoning women to death?

Saying Christians "aren't required to follow rules for Jews" and "they are not exempt from the Ten Commandments and most other spiritual needs" is contradictory.

I think you are confused about the timing of the Parousia, which was clearly a first-century phenomenon, and so like so many Christians you are still trying to incorporate ancient Jewish temple rituals and customs into Christianity.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

They addressed that in the OP.
and

I read both of those verses. I’m not sure how you concluded that it had to be on the fathers side.
Priesthood goes through the father

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link
LOL they try to spin what "almah" means :lol:
1) The Messiah would be resurrected
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Psalm 16:8-11

New Testament citations: Acts 13:35-37

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

That was about David finding out he will live forever through god, is it not?

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

2) The Messiah would bring in a new covenant
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Jeremiah 31:31

New Testament citations: Matthew 26:28, Luke 22:20, 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 8:6-13, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:24

Last edited:

From the Foreword:

Are these Messianic Jews descended from the house of Israel? Are the Levites among them still discharging their priestly duties? Are they maintaining holiness on the temple mount? Are they sacrificing animals? Are they stoning women to death?

Saying Christians "aren't required to follow rules for Jews" and "they are not exempt from the Ten Commandments and most other spiritual needs" is contradictory.
lol no, it isn't.

I think you are confused about the timing of the Parousia, which was clearly a first-century phenomenon, and so like so many Christians you are still trying to incorporate ancient Jewish temple rituals and customs into Christianity.

So your real problem is that you don't like it that Christianity is a Jewish religion. Now that is contradictory. Jesus draws from the books of Moses for his entire ministry. Christians are more Jewish than the post-exilic Orthodox and untra-Orthodox. You just don't understand the differences between the law and post-exilic 'traditions'.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

New Testament citations: Matthew 26:28, Luke 22:20, 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 8:6-13, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:24
Yeah, and that didnt happen. Thanks for backing the OP :lol:

So your real problem is that you don't like it that Christianity is a Jewish religion. Now that is contradictory. Jesus draws from the books of Moses for his entire ministry. Christians are more Jewish than the post-exilic Orthodox and untra-Orthodox. You just don't understand the differences between the law and post-exilic 'traditions'.
It's very simple. Moses' Law was the temple peoples' law. Not the Greeks' law, not the Romans' law, not the Philistines' law, not anyone's law except the house of Israel. And after the dissolution of both the Law and the Jewish theocracy in AD 70, it's not even their law now.

Two commandments in that law that merely got a passing mention in the Hebrew scriptures (Lv 19:18; Dt 6:4-5) became the law. Jesus unearthed two laws buried in tradition and brought them to the fore where they belonged and planted them on the hearts of his sheep. These two commandments are the only law that the Christians have.

The OP says the third temple is not built and that God has not brought Jews back to the land of Israel or has not yet brought peace and knowledge to the world. I’m not sure why people quote Isaiah in reference to Christianity when Isaiah explicitly states that the prophet’s vision pertains to the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah (1:1), but at any rate, the Jews in the first century, particularly between the years 30 (approximately) and 70, or the years between the kingdom’s arrival and the judgment on Judea, refused to see what the Christians (Jewish converts at the time) were seeing. Even in Christianity's infancy, Christians and Jews opposed each other. Jews killed Jesus and Paul, after all, who preached fulfillment of these visions.

The “third” temple of Ezekiel 37:26-28, for one, doesn’t say anything about a brick-and-mortar temple, and why would it? Solomon’s temple (Herod’s refurbished temple) was still standing. Nonetheless, a temple built not with hands, as Daniel described it (I think), was already being built before the Jewish temple fell (1 Pt 2:4-5). This is according to the Christian scriptures, of course, which are not a repudiation of ethnic Israel’s scriptures, per se, but that do nonetheless break with Jewish tradition. Jesus and Paul both referred to Israel’s scriptures as evidence of the new covenant’s reality. The Old Testament was not the problem; tradition was.

Tradition, with all its ceremony and ritual, all its pomp and glitter, was not the relationship that God had in the garden with Adam. The Law, as holy, righteous, and good as it may have been, couldn’t reconcile God and man. It couldn't bring back what man had in the garden. Jesus did that.

Last edited:

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

3) The Messiah would be forsaken and pierced, but vindicated
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Psalm 22:1-31

New Testament citations: Matthew 27:35, 39, 43-44,46; Mark 15:34; John 19:23-24, Hebrews 2:11-12

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

New Testament citations: Matthew 27:35, 39, 43-44,46; Mark 15:34; John 19:23-24, Hebrews 2:11-12
Where does it say that?

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

Where does it say that?

4) The Messiah would be the rejected cornerstone
Hebrew Scriptures reference: Psalm 118:22-24

New Testament citations: Mark 12:10-11, Acts 4:9-12, Ephesians 2:20, 1 Peter 2:6-8,

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

Where does it say that?
It doesnt mention being pierced. Thats KJ bullshit.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

Many more at link

Where does it say that?
It doesnt mention being pierced. Thats KJ bullshit.
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death. For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet—I can count all my bones—they stare and gloat over me; (Psalm 22:14-17 [Hebrew, 15-18]

Forum List

Back