Interesting factoid about EC winners who lost the popular vote....

They will never be able to move on

Speaking of acceptance or "moving one"....
Remember when McConnell the turtle stated that his MAIN priority was to make Obama....you know the half black guy.....a ONE-TERMER???............LOL

That's the goal of every opposition politician, get a freaking clue already.

There have been only FOUR presidents who LOST the popular vote but managed to WIN based on the Electoral College decision.......Bear in mind that we are the ONLY representative republic/democracy who utilize the decision of the EC.

Want to guess which party the FOUR electoral college presidents belonged in?

Benjamin Harrison
Rutherford Hayes
George W. Bush
The Donald......
It’s called a republic not a shit eating democracy

Helpful hint for any of you liberal toilet-bowl-deposits: in the future: if you use the word "factoid" instead of the word "fact" you're ADMITTING you're a liar. You phylum of creatures which cannot be classified.

The laws of a nation affect corporations, so they should have a voice in the political process.

Ohhh, they DO have a voice.......and a much louder one than any single voter.....Check out what they can bribe congress to do for them.....

Did you ever wonder why when you purchase a product, it comes with five pages of warnings? You know.....do not take this toaster in the shower with you? Do not stick your fingers through any of the holes in the protective cover of a fan?

They have to write these idiotic instructions to avoid liability; liability that is possible because of the stupid laws crated by Congress who is on the take from trial lawyers in this country. Trial lawyers contribute bucks to the DNC come election time to keep those laws providing them work.

Any organization that contributes to politicians or parties are expecting something in return; not just corporations.

this is the commentary you get from people that dont understand our system,,,

POTUS is elected by the states not the people

dont like it then move to russia or another of those democracy countrys
How was the electoral college electors picked when we began as a Nation?

They refuse to understand this basic part of our REPUBLIC. They want to believe we are a democracy.

Hey moron........Check out what the "R" in USSR stood for......

....then find a grown up to help you define the various forms of "republics".....LOL

Yeah, in the case of the USSR, the "form of republic" was bullshit propaganda.
Yep. And then there's The Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Rule of thumb: if you have to put "Republic" in your country's name, it isn't one.
well we are called the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,,,

Yes. Notice we didn't have to TELL people we were a republic.

About Hillary's "convictions"....to make your wish happen.try lighting a few candles...that should help...LOL

About Hillary's "popular vote victory" . . . She can probably take the White House tour, if she asks nicely.

I thought her security clearance was removed!

Pretty much anyone can take the standard tour. She, on the other hand, would still have to ask nicely.

There have been only FOUR presidents who LOST the popular vote but managed to WIN based on the Electoral College decision.......Bear in mind that we are the ONLY representative republic/democracy who utilize the decision of the EC.

Benjamin Harrison
Rutherford Hayes
George W. Bush
The Donald......
Only way Republicans can win today

Benjamin Harrison
Rutherford Hayes
George W. Bush
The Donald......
Only way Republicans can win today

You don't know that. You can't unless we actually had a popular vote election where the strategies of both contenders were to get the most people.

Now, morons like you are totally against raising the minimum wage because that would "hurt" rich republican donors.
So you want the person at McDonald's who can't get your order right in the drive-thru to be paid $15 per hour?

The reality is that if that person isn't paid a living wage that person goes on public assistance.

So we can have the employee be paid a living wage or we can increase our taxes to pay for all the public assistance they need to survive.

While the CEOs, executives and stockholders make millions a year.

You have a problem with the wrong people. The people who need to not be paid more are the CEOs, executives and stockholders. They're just fine.

I personally don't want to pay those CEOS, executives and stockholders those millions a year. I prefer to pay that worker that 15 dollars an hour. They actually work for a living, they spend their earnings in our community thus supporting our economy. You just can't say that about those CEOs, executives and stockholders. They've parked their money off shore to avoid paying the small percentage of taxes our government imposes on them.

Do you seriously think they would leave the thresholds for assistance where they are today in the minimum wage was increased? You really are delusional.

Now, morons like you are totally against raising the minimum wage because that would "hurt" rich republican donors.
So you want the person at McDonald's who can't get your order right in the drive-thru to be paid $15 per hour?

The reality is that if that person isn't paid a living wage that person goes on public assistance.

So we can have the employee be paid a living wage or we can increase our taxes to pay for all the public assistance they need to survive.

You have a problem with the wrong people. The people who need to not be paid more are the CEOs, executives and stockholders. They're just fine.

I personally don't want to pay those CEOS, executives and stockholders those millions a year. I prefer to pay that worker that 15 dollars an hour. They actually work for a living, they spend their earnings in our community thus supporting our economy. You just can't say that about those CEOs, executives and stockholders. They've parked their money off shore to avoid paying the small percentage of taxes our government imposes on them.

Do you seriously think they would leave the thresholds for assistance where they are today in the minimum wage was increased? You really are delusional.

at the federal level that doesnt matter since the feds dont have legal authority to be involved

we are not a democracy,,,

Just for education sake.....

We are not a "direct democracy" because of the founders' fears of the tyranny of the majority....but we ARE a representative democracy.

Isn't the tyranny of the majority exactly what you want with the dissolution of the EC?

we are a representative republic not a rep dem,,,its time for someone to get an education

You have to remember you're dealing with a child that can't stand losing, but can never accept responsibility for it's party's shitty policies.

Go lay it out for us, you all started crying in 2000
You mean, the first election in any of our lifetimes where the candidate lost the popular vote, yet won the election? Gee , HOW WEIRD. :rolleyes:

And your mind reading of my thoughts 18 years ago aside, I think the 2016 election was wapecially problematic, in that the EC not only failed in its intent, it actually caused the very thing it was designed to prevent.

Only in your mind, only in your mind. Take all the time you want in trying to change the process, you can take 100 years, I really don't care. I find all your crying just plain funny, you love being the poor victim. LOL!
Yet your posts in this topic are clearly more whiny and juvenile than mine.
I'm not sure I do want to change the process. But that doesn't mean I can't point out when it has failed. And it failed bigly in 2016.

Like the Captian Obvious remark wasn't junivile? LOL! Haved a great day.

Benjamin Harrison
Rutherford Hayes
George W. Bush
The Donald......
Without looking, can you name the President who lost both the popular vote and the EC?
wouldnt losing both the pop and EC vote mean they didnt win and therefor not be president???

Nope, if the EC can't reach a majority, it goes to the House of Representatives to settle it.

The crazy left can call on selected statistics going back to Benjamin Harrison but the fact of the matter is that Bill Clinton failed to get the majority of the popular vote not once but twice.

at the federal level that doesnt matter since the feds dont have legal authority to be involved

When has that ever stopped them or the courts?

Forum List

Back