Interesting YouTube cooking channel.

I'll check out her channel. Looks good.

Have you seen the Cowboy Kent Rollins Channel. He was an actual chuckwagon cook for years. Great outdoor cooking videos.

I also like BBQ Pit Boys.

I watch Kent Rollins all the time.
Have you seen his stove he calls Bertha? He's actually having them made and selling them.
I'd buy one today if it weren't so damn heavy and we plan on moving in the near future.
It's bad enough with the four cookers I have now that will need to be moved. He's pretty proud of it at around $5k but it's certainly well built with quality materials.

I cooked a lot when my kids were little. But it was about volume and who would eat what.

I have been surprised by how easy it is to cook with YouTube.

But they never show the mess created.

I actually used to have to cook a LOT and haven't killed anyone yet. That I'm aware of. We had a passle of kidlins and my mom and brother used to slurk on in about dinner time. James ate almost as much as the kids by himself, so I usually cooked for about 147 people, lol! When they all started moving out, it was hard for me to quit making enough to feed Bulgaria.

We were poor too, so I made bread a lot. Some so, so yummy and some so, so scary. I was inconsistent with it for some reason. My specialty was Shut Up and Eat It Casserole.

I actually used to have to cook a LOT and haven't killed anyone yet. That I'm aware of. We had a passle of kidlins and my mom and brother used to slurk on in about dinner time. James ate almost as much as the kids by himself, so I usually cooked for about 147 people, lol! When they all started moving out, it was hard for me to quit making enough to feed Bulgaria.

We were poor too, so I made bread a lot. Some so, so yummy and some so, so scary. I was inconsistent with it for some reason. My specialty was Shut Up and Eat It Casserole.

On the amount of food you need to cook....
The Wife and I are having the same problem only it's not about the number of guests it about how little we eat compared to when we were younger.
Sitting down and eating a whole 5lb. chicken was common. Making burgers,two for me was the norm.
The dogs love our inability to make adjustments.

My mom's favorite diner line was "eat it or wear it." And she meant it......... :lol:

I cooked a lot when my kids were little. But it was about volume and who would eat what.

I have been surprised by how easy it is to cook with YouTube.

But they never show the mess created.

I will say the Wife and I have had a lot of failures using YouTube recipes.
It's not that we made it wrong it's about where the recipe came from. We've found that most recipes from the N. East and N. West are way to bland for us after eating Southern food,BBQ,Mexican,Tex Mex,Cajun/Creole and the like.
We have our favorites after much trial and error and they're all from Southerners and Mexicans.

This chick has an amazing selection of recipes!!!
We're doing the Char Siu Chicken Tomorrow night....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-omKO_fjW0XA_Ckbc_rdRQ

If you're up for a cooking adventure, you should get into cooking Indian food. My wife is Indian. I learned to cook her favorite Indian dishes on You Tube. Surprised the hell out of her. Her mother however—she can't accept no white boy cooking traditional Indian dishes, no matter how much I spice it up. Maybe someday I'll get it down good enough for the mother-in-law.

If you're up for a cooking adventure, you should get into cooking Indian food. My wife is Indian. I learned to cook her favorite Indian dishes on You Tube. Surprised the hell out of her. Her mother however—she can't accept no white boy cooking traditional Indian dishes, no matter how much I spice it up. Maybe someday I'll get it down good enough for the mother-in-law.

Indian as in Hindu or Bows and arrows?

I watch Kent Rollins all the time.
Have you seen his stove he calls Bertha? He's actually having them made and selling them.
I'd buy one today if it weren't so damn heavy and we plan on moving in the near future.
It's bad enough with the four cookers I have now that will need to be moved. He's pretty proud of it at around $5k but it's certainly well built with quality materials.

Bertha is a monster!!

I'd love to have one, but I want things I can load up to take camping.

My Mom's favorite phrase at dinnertime was "Shutup and eat the free food".

Forum List

Back