Internet scams

GLASNOST

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2016
Right here
I don’t suppose that I am the only one getting this scam but this is about the third “notice” I’ve got from these buggers. I am not a violent person but I’d love to give these b’stards a thrashing right out of their skin!

yahoo scam.jpg

^^^ I've never seen that one before. I could be wrong, but the only thing that you may be able to do is just delete it or save it just in case something about the perpetrators can be done later on.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Since it appears to be part of Yahoo, I'd send a copy of it to Yahoo offices themselves and not the landscaping company, and ask if it is legitimate or not. If not, then Yahoo will probably take care of it for you.

^^^ I've never seen that one before. I could be wrong, but the only thing that you may be able to do is just delete it or save it just in case something about the perpetrators can be done later on.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Thank ya' dalin'.

I think this is the third one from this guy. I just ignore them but now he is getting on my nerves. I guess it upsets me so much because it is an insult to my intelligence to think that I'd fall for such an obvious (and aggressive!) scam.

Since it appears to be part of Yahoo, I'd send a copy of it to Yahoo offices themselves and not the landscaping company, and ask if it is legitimate or not. If not, then Yahoo will probably take care of it for you.
That's a good idea! I think I'll do that. It's a scam alright but maybe Yahoo would like to know what is going on in their name.

All legitimate companies and websites have emails where you can forward the spam/illegal emails or texts you get.
They recommend you forward this stuff to their spam fighting departments via their email, and then delete the email from your inbox and mark it "spam".

That's a good idea! I think I'll do that. It's a scam alright but maybe Yahoo would like to know what is going on in their name.

Contact Yahoo, tell them what is going on in their name, and then let us all know what Yahoo says about this. I'd be interested in knowing how this turns out.

Ps. Just checked to find out that Yahoo Discussion forum is defunct.

All legitimate companies and websites have emails where you can forward the spam/illegal emails or texts you get.
They recommend you forward this stuff to their spam fighting departments via their email, and then delete the email from your inbox and mark it "spam".
I'll have a look. Thanks!

I've done that but the instructions don't seem to apply. It refers to a "v" shaped symbol (or down arrow) next to the spam button but I see no "v" shaped symbol next to it.

Weird. I looked it up and I see it says that. Never heard of that before.

You might try the email address [email protected], or [email protected] and see if they come back Mailer Daemon or not.

Weird. I looked it up and I see it says that. Never heard of that before.

You might try the email address [email protected], or [email protected] and see if they come back Mailer Daemon or not.
This is really starting to suck. Looked up this, looked up that ... found several paragraphs headed "How to Report Phishing Emails to Yahoo" but once I started reading it the subject of Phishing was only defined but not "How to report it". Is this real or am I having a nightmare?

Broken English like that is usually from China. You can also see a lot of that on Amazon and Walmart product descriptions.
Yes, I think you're right. Notice she signs it "Alice Chen". But it is definitely a scam. I've never ordered anything through DHL in my life.

Forum List

Back