Intro to a book written by 10th Graders

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
This book was inspired by an assignment that a 9th/10th Grade Bible Class began in the 2018-2019 school year. The Bible tells us that all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine. The name of the course was “Bible Doctrines”. The depth and scope of the Bible has still yet to be fully analyzed and considered by mankind. We are still learning from it today. To avoid overwhelming the students with the entire Bible, the students were challenged to build a fictitious church based solely on the scriptures of Ephesians Chapter 4-6. The name of the Church was found in Ephesians 4:1 and was thus named, “Prisoners of Christ”. The mission statement was “Find the truth in God’s word”. The motto was to “Be strong in His power.” In compliance with fulfilling the church’s mission, the Prisoners of Christ compiled a commentary from the books of Genesis thru Job. Each student was assigned separate portions to limit the overwhelming task of reading the entire text. It also allowed them to be more focused with their discussion since their portion of scripture was small. Keep in mind that this book and its commentaries were written by authors between the ages of 14-17. This is a difficult time in life. Sometimes sarcasm, rebellion, teasing, and a lot of humor is their way of tolerating life. These traits were suppressed as little as possible but some guidance was very necessary. Keeping this book as pure to the minds of high school students was a major focus (even though the instructor knew this was unrealistic). To comply with legal requirements and to protect the minors who wrote this book, the names used are fictitious. It should also be abundantly clear that the biographies are fictitious as well although they do have interesting similarities to reality.

During the 2019-2020 school year, 9 of the 16 original Prisoners of Christ through divine providence ended up in a Computer Class with the same teacher who taught the Bible Doctrines class the previous school year. This allowed the remaining Prisoners of Christ to finish this project to some degree. It still remains a work in progress awaiting opportunities for contributions in the future for others who feel lead to take on the task. I, therefore a prisoner of the Lord beseech all of those who read this book to be strong in His power and to find the truth in God’s word. It is my desire even to this day that the Prisoners of Christ become enthusiastic about the Bible. Do not let your own slothfulness or reading abilities prevent you from the power contained in the pages of the Bible. Read and become wise. You have been beseeched by the one and only Lovotocoso.

With blessings,

Lovotocoso

lol just a little personal project of mine.
I thought you were an atheist.

Yes. A closet atheist. Publicly I am a hard core born again Christian filled with the power of the Holy Spirit that leads me from day to day. Culturally I am a Christian. I can not explain the lack of effectiveness of prayers for medical purposes. Perhaps that just makes me Calvinist rather than atheist. There is no evidence of God whatsoever that I can share with you. I do have one personal experience that was weird.

Forum List

Back