Iowa: Man Sentenced to 16-Years in Prison for Stealing, Burning LGBT Flag

Anyone who's bored enough to burn a flag needs to get a life... even a "gay flag"

A friend of mine got sent upstate for 4 years for setting fire to altar cloth in a church.

His motivation was that he is a little bit slow but was curious and interested to see if altar cloth burned. It wasn't during any ceremony, it was a downtown church that kept its doors open.

An Iowa man who was arrested after tearing down and burning an LGBTQ flag that was hanging at a church will spend at least 15 years behind bars, according to reports.
Iowa Man Gets 15 Years in Prison Over Burning LGBTQ Flag

For the ass hats who think they are a protected class you idiots are so stupid you have no idea how severely you dumb m.f.;s are being politically used -------- there's a carpet about to be ripped right out from under your stuck up asses. Oh it won't be today maybe not even tomorrow but you can nbet your pathetic asses the LIGHT always Wins over the DARK bitches!!!

THIS IS HOW RETARDED YOU LOSERS WHO ARE ( ANTI AMERICAN PRICKS) IF YOU THINK FORCING LAWS MAKES PPL LIKE YOU OR " NOT " HATE YOU , IT'S SAD TO SAY YOU DO NOT LIVE IN REALITY AND SHOULD WAKE THE HELL UP)

ISLAM IS RIGHT ABOUT TRANSEXUALS :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
At first I thought, "that seems harsh." Then I spent 3 seconds doing some research to find facts that won't be spoon-fed to you morons on mind wars, to find out he is a habitual offender.
Thanks Fort Fun. These hillbillies have been wearing me out.

The repeat offender laws of Iowa added thirteen years. Do you support repeat offender laws?

liarface-png.296364

You are the one who refuses to answer a simple question. Do you support repeat offender laws?

For serious crimes , sure. But this was a minor case of vandalism.

The argument was that these laws are unconstitutional. Clearly they are not. Your opinion isn't worth the time it took you to write it.

I guess that depends on whether you consider the judges to be the greater authority on what is or is not Constitutional, or whether you consider the Constitution itself to be the greater authority.

You can read the Constitution for yourself, and see what is written therein. By design, it is written to be easily read and understood by the common man, and not as the exclusive domain of elite judges.

Now I think that common sense dictates that if you read the Constitution itself, and can see that it clearly, explicitly, unambiguously says one thing, and you listen to a judge telling you that it says something different, that is irreconcilable with what you just read yourself; that the judge is wrong.

It is only arrogance and hubris on the part of judges, and ignorance and cowardice on the part of foolish people such as yourself, that allows this sort of abuse to take place.

No matter how hard you try, what happened here has NOTHING to do with the first amendment. He can burn his own banner or gay flag in a safe manner until his little heart is content.
Not outside my house, if he threatened to burn my house down and came back after midnight and started lighting up. Some people may look at a bar full of strangers differently. I don't.

I noted "in a safe manner". All the same, many condemning this will support repeat offender statutes when it's someone else getting hit with them and many other will participate in discussions where they note that they will shoot anyone stealing anything from them. I'll note that the church wanted to get him help.

An Iowa man who was arrested after tearing down and burning an LGBTQ flag that was hanging at a church will spend at least 15 years behind bars, according to reports.

For the ass hats who think they are a protected class you idiots are so stupid you have no idea how severely you dumb m.f.;s are being politically used -------- there's a carpet about to be ripped right out from under your stuck up asses. Oh it won't be today maybe not even tomorrow but you can nbet your pathetic asses the LIGHT always Wins over the DARK bitches!!!

THIS IS HOW RETARDED YOU LOSERS WHO ARE ( ANTI AMERICAN PRICKS) IF YOU THINK FORCING LAWS MAKES PPL LIKE YOU OR " NOT " HATE YOU , IT'S SAD TO SAY YOU DO NOT LIVE IN REALITY AND SHOULD WAKE THE HELL UP)

ISLAM IS RIGHT ABOUT TRANSEXUALS :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
At first I thought, "that seems harsh." Then I spent 3 seconds doing some research to find facts that won't be spoon-fed to you morons on mind wars, to find out he is a habitual offender.

and then we said stf up b. c. your an anti american dumbass.

The repeat offender laws of Iowa added thirteen years. Do you support repeat offender laws?

liarface-png.296364

You are the one who refuses to answer a simple question. Do you support repeat offender laws?

For serious crimes , sure. But this was a minor case of vandalism.

That isn't how repeat offender laws work and burning a tire and a banner outside a bar is not something minor. Seems to me the judge was determined to not allow him to take this further.

meanwhile your such an idiot you call me a HE when i'm not a HE thanks for PROVING AGAIN WHAT A RETARD ASSHOLE YOU ARE GAWD YOUR A GAWD DAM IDIOT WITH AN IQ OF 75. Everyone sees how fkn stupid you are asshole accept you .

Keep flapping idiot your making those DEMOC**TS look dumber and dumber no wonder you are one.

See, you crazy moron? You don't need to kill your brain cells with Alex Jones's mouth farts. You can be an angry, ignorant idiot all on your own!

meanwhile your such an idiot you call me a HE when i'm not a HE thanks for PROVING AGAIN WHAT A RETARD ASSHOLE YOU ARE GAWD YOUR A GAWD DAM IDIOT WITH AN IQ OF 75. Everyone sees how fkn stupid you are asshole accept you .

Keep flapping idiot your making those DEMOC**TS look dumber and dumber no wonder you are one.
Sorry dude, you don't get to be called a female just because you want to be called a female. Them's the rules, in your hometown, Right Wing Nutsackville.

Had no idea you were such nice intellectual young lady. Did not mean to insult your sensibilities, ma'am. I am from the south. As a retired Officer and gentleman (by act of Congress) with only the limited education of graduating as a national honor society graduate from a 14th ranked university, I sure you are correct ma'am. Color me properly rebuked.

Such a bad habitual offender (sarcasm intended). Gotta wonder how many people here on this forum who have confessed to being pot users and drunks would like to be judged so harshly if they got high and did something stupid like burn a banner of someone else's that they strongly didn't agree with and saying stupid shit. A lot of very dangerous people here if the same standards apply.

A 15-Year Sentence for Burning a Stolen Gay Pride Flag Is Not Justice

And Martinez also had two prior felonies, meaning he qualified as a "habitual offender" under Iowa's three-strikes law. Reports of Martinez's sentencing do not, unfortunately, explain what those convictions were for. A search through Iowa's court records shows that Martinez had previously been charged with driving without a license (which was dismissed), that he pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended license, and that in 2015 he pleaded guilty to dual charges of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana. No violent or serious felonies showed up in the state's records system.

The Martinez guy needs some seriously good council about how the Lord performs justice and how people subject themselves (he was after all in what is most likely a den of inequity when he should have been home with his three children); and the 2 district may want to review the cases of the judge to see if this is standard treatment of people with mental issues.

Amid online outrage, police guard church where gay pride flag theft ended in 16-year sentence

I did answer it, hours ago.

It's irrelevant, though. Your claim that it is because of repeat-offender laws that Mr. Martinez got those extra thirteen years in prison, beyond the three years and a month for his actual crimes, is a flat-out lie, and you know damn well that it's a lie. He would not have got those additional thirteen years, if not for the blatant First Amendment violation of prosecuting him for his opinion.

NEVADA, Iowa -- A man has been imprisoned for burning an LGBTQ flag that was flying at a church in central Iowa.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years for the hate crime of arson and given a year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment. The sentences are to be served consecutively, Story County court records said.

A jury convicted Martinez in November. He'd been arrested in June.

He's said he tore down the flag that had been hanging from the United Church of Christ in Ames and burned it because he opposes homosexuality.

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

--------------

15 years of prison for burning an LGBTQ flag..... but I highly doubt anyone in Iowa has been charged or even sent to prison for 15 years for burning an American flag.....which our liberal court has determined it is now your 1st amendment right to do so......Yes folks, this country cannot last the way it was headed....We need a few more men like Trump to back him up in the White House until, at least 2050 to FIX what has gone wrong here since the mid 1960's....even some before that!

There is nothing wrong with putting a criminal in prison.

It's illegal to steal someone else's property then destroy it. They probably trespassed on private property to do it.

So the person is a thief and guilty of a hate crime.

I know you don't have those laws in russia where you live but here in the US it's illegal to do those things.

How is the weather in moscow today comrade?
The obvious question here is the severity of the sentence. Clearly.

I did answer it, hours ago.

It's irrelevant, though. Your claim that it is because of repeat-offender laws that Mr. Martinez got those extra thirteen years in prison, beyond the three years and a month for his actual crimes, is a flat-out lie, and you know damn well that it's a lie. He would not have got those additional thirteen years, if not for the blatant First Amendment violation of prosecuting him for his opinion.

And yet that is what all the links posted locally states that what happened. You can ignore anything that you don't like I suppose.

And yet that is what all the links posted locally states that what happened. You can ignore anything that you don't like I suppose.

Every link I've seen, that goes into enough detail, supports my position.

The chain that led from a misdemeanor arson charge with a maximum, penalty of two years, to morph into a felony “hate crime” charge, rests on that one link of criminally charging Mr.Martinez for an opinion that he expressed, in blatant violation of the First Amendment. Without that one blatantly-unconstitutional link, the misdemeanor doesn't turn into a felony, and doesn't invoke the repeat-offender law; and Mr. Martinez only gets two years for that arson, plus another year and a month for the other charges.

I do not have a boner for draconian sentencing. I just do not mind. I freely admit, the prosecution loaded up the indictment with every charge he thought he could make stick. The jury deliberated and found the defendent guilty. the guy was sentence by the judge to 15+ years. Apparently they take it pretty serious if you threaten to burn down a bar while it is open, then come with incendiaries to do it, and then light them up. The accused had prior history of arrests in the town. I think they were having trouble getting through to him and gave him plenty of time to think about it. In general, most people with 15+ sentences in the United States do not serve the entire sentence. If someone threatened to burn down your house, came back while you and your family were there after midnight, and lit a tire of rags and accelerates in front of your house. What sentence would you give? For that matter, if he flicked his bic, would he get a chance to light up a tire that he might roll into your door?
If someone comes to your house with a gun and threatens to shoot you they don't get a triply long sentence for the threat minus any actual violence. It's just that simple. .

Forum List

Back