Iran buys 100 Russian refueling aircraft

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Well that didn't take long.....Iran played Obungles and Kerry like a fiddle.

Iran buys 100 Russian refueling aircraft for its air force to reach any point in the Mid East

In defiance of the international arms embargo, Iran last week placed an order with Moscow for a huge fleet of 100 Russian IL78 MKI tanker aircraft (NATO: Midas) for refueling its air force in mid-flight, thereby extending its range to 7,300 km. This is reported exclusively by DEBKAfile from its military and intelligence sources. The transaction runs contrary to the terms of the nuclear accord the six world powers and Iran signed in Vienna earlier this month.
These tanker planes can simultaneously refuel six to eight warplanes. Their acquisition brings Israel, 1.200km away – as well the rest of the Middle East - within easy range of Iranian aerial bombardment. It also puts Iran’s air force ahead of Israel’s in terms of the quantity and range of its refueling capacity.

Whereas opponents of the Vienna deal have warned that Tehran will spend the billions of dollars released by sanctions relief as a bonanza for fueling its campaigns of terror in the region, it turns out that Iran’s first post-accord purchase is a heavy investment in the rearmament and upgrade of its armed forces’ aggressive capabilities.

Iran buys 100 Russian refueling aircraft for its air force to reach any point in the Mid East

In defiance of the international arms embargo, Iran last week placed an order with Moscow for a huge fleet of 100 Russian IL78 MKI tanker aircraft (NATO: Midas) for refueling its air force in mid-flight, thereby extending its range to 7,300 km. This is reported exclusively by DEBKAfile from its military and intelligence sources. The transaction runs contrary to the terms of the nuclear accord the six world powers and Iran signed in Vienna earlier this month.
These tanker planes can simultaneously refuel six to eight warplanes. Their acquisition brings Israel, 1.200km away – as well the rest of the Middle East - within easy range of Iranian aerial bombardment. It also puts Iran’s air force ahead of Israel’s in terms of the quantity and range of its refueling capacity.

Whereas opponents of the Vienna deal have warned that Tehran will spend the billions of dollars released by sanctions relief as a bonanza for fueling its campaigns of terror in the region, it turns out that Iran’s first post-accord purchase is a heavy investment in the rearmament and upgrade of its armed forces’ aggressive capabilities.

Hey with the way Israel and the GOP talk I'd be building a nuke. They are allowed to spend their money anyway they want.

Hey with the way Israel and the GOP talk I'd be building a nuke. They are allowed to spend their money anyway they want.

They are building a nuke.....duh

Oh you Zionist believe all the propaganda. No little one, they are not building a nuke, even so , Israel has them.

Hillary is the only one I've heard who has threatened to nuke Iran.

Oh you Zionist believe all the propaganda. No little one, they are not building a nuke, even so , Israel has them.

Coming from an anti Semite such as yourself that means very little.

I'm anti war. Many Jews are anti rogue regime in Israel as well.

Mhm, your post history sort of refutes that. Sorry but I'll never understand Antisemitism, it's just as bad as racism

I'm not her fan either. I am for anyone who is anti war, no preemptive war or instigation. If the GOP's want war they should be the first on the battlefield, and no planes. Time to fight man to man, see the white of the eyes of the person your killing, ensuring its not an innocent civilian.

Mhm, your post history sort of refutes that. Sorry but I'll never understand Antisemitism, it's just as bad as racism

No kidding.

I'm not her fan either. I am for anyone who is anti war, no preemptive war or instigation. If the GOP's want war they should be the first on the battlefield, and no planes. Time to fight man to man, see the white of the eyes of the person your killing, ensuring its not an innocent civilian.
By that standard, maybe you could volunteer to be the next suicide bomber for Islam.

Not building nukes? What's the Obama deal for then? Why are we bribing them to stop doing what it is you say isn't happening anyway?

In 2003 they quit and wanted to talk , bush and cheney said no so they started again to get attention. You know how a baby cries and only wants attention , what that is what they wanted. They finally got someone to listen to them and they got what they wanted , easing of sanctions and well we got what we wanted, no nuke Iran.

Forum List

Back