Iran to open 150 alcohol treatment centers

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like some are making bathtub gin and need an AA program there. I once went into an Open House one Sunday and saw that there was a glass door to a room which was etched with the words "Wine Cellar." I said to the Iranian agent that a Muslim wouldn't buy the house because they don't drink. He said, "Don't fool yourself. They drink."

June 9, 2015 8:46 am

TEHRAN: Iran plans to open 150 alcohol treatment centers, a health ministry official said on Monday, in an acknowledgement of the scale of abuse in a country where drinking is illegal.

The head of the ministry’s drug abuse department, Dr Alireza Norouzi, told the ISNA news agency that the 150 day centers would provide special settings and educational courses to help people give up alcohol.

Continue reading at:

Iran to open 150 alcohol treatment centers - The Manila Times OnlineThe Manila Times Online?

Looks like some are making bathtub gin and need an AA program there. I once went into an Open House one Sunday and saw that there was a glass door to a room which was etched with the words "Wine Cellar." I said to the Iranian agent that a Muslim wouldn't buy the house because they don't drink. He said, "Don't fool yourself. They drink."

TEHRAN: Iran plans to open 150 alcohol treatment centers, a health ministry official said on Monday, in an acknowledgement of the scale of abuse in a country where drinking is illegal.

The head of the ministry’s drug abuse department, Dr Alireza Norouzi, told the ISNA news agency that the 150 day centers would provide special settings and educational courses to help people give up alcohol.

Continue reading at:

Iran to open 150 alcohol treatment centers - The Manila Times OnlineThe Manila Times Online?
I don't know about Turkey under Erdogan, but when I would go there in the 60s and 70s, Istanbul was one partying town. Alcohol flowed freely.

Continue reading at:

sally----I have stated on these boards that I came into contact with Iranians-----both muslims and jews-----way way back---
in fact way back in the mid sixties. I never came across an Iranian muslim who rejected alcohol I am not suggesting
that they were INEBRIATES----but if one would compare the
Iranian jews with the Iranian muslims------my impression was
that it was the muslims who were far more EAGER alcohol imbibers--------Iranian jews responded to alcohol like-----
jews world wide-----a kind of 'take it or leave it'-----"ok" "here we go" "l'chaim" "now what " "ok ---let's eat"

Why open alcohol centres?

Open psychiatric hospitals..... you know... to cure them of those thoughts of the coming of the Mahdi...the reedemer and all that... to cure Iranians of that psychosis they have....finally and for all times!

Open psychiatric hospitals..... you know... to cure them of those thoughts of the coming of the Mahdi...the reedemer and all that... to cure Iranians of that psychosis they have....finally and for all times!

be not deceived ------Iranians of the educated variety do not buy into the crap------the AYATOILETS depend on the hicks out in the hills and "DEMOCRACY"---in which dumb as a door-knob gets to vote. All of the Iranians I have known were of the TEHERAN kind------if the voters were limited to
Teheran people -----the ayatoilets would never be "IN"
Iran is a case of -----mosque controlled "democracy"

I understand that they need narcotic rehab centers over there too

I know and I agree with you irosie91!

Normal Iranians hate the tyranny of those crazy Mullahs!

Continue reading at:

The days of homemade vodka made out of raisins that caused people to go blind is over. Today in Iran you can order the best brands by the case and they will deliver it to your door. You just need to scratch the right people's backs, which is how it has always been in Iran. Buying alcohol now is as easy as buying dimebags of weed in the US back in the old days.

People are building a whole level underneath in the basements of their homes thousands of square feet, where they throw parties with women taking off their veils wearing hotpants or miniskirts, all kinds of drugs, alcohol, American rap music and people having sex. It's still a restrictive environment outdoor in public, but people do almost everything they want to behind closed doors. Due to a very high percentage of young 25 and under Iranian population, the Mullahs have figured out that if they don't let the youth release their hormones, they're going to hit the streets and exert the hormones in a different way.

Forum List

Back