Irans Quds foce General Soleimani just killed in rocket attack !

Weird, just yesterday I was praising Trump over his quick response to the attack on the embassy...

So, are we at war?

Serious question. Every prez has a war: and Iran has been asking for it for months. I was hoping Trump would get thru re-election before going after them (or their going after us, which is what seems to be happening!).

So we've killed a top Iranian general and a high-level enemy Iraqi commander who were apparently standing together: nothing suspicious about THAT, oh no! By shelling an airport. After massive armed and mob attacks on our embassy so severe we had to evacuate fast. And we are rushing troops to the area, the headlines are saying. Sounds like it could be war to me ---- anyone?

Darn, and the Dow was up well over 300 today!! It won't be up tomorrow, I'm guessing....

What makes you think we "shelled" an airport?

"We need to presume we are now in a state of war with Iran… and that is not something that the Trump administration appears to have been prepared for." - Brett McGurk

80 million people live in Iran. I know many wonderful people from Iran. I don’t want 20 yr olds from Indiana to go there & kill civilians & kids & then get killed themselves. Imperial war is the darkest evil.

Do we really want to get into perpetual warfare in the Middle East? It's easy for politicians to pound the table & talk about how tough they are, but it will not be the sons & daughters of billionaires that get killed.
this attack was Reagan like in its strategy .... kinda like when Reagan hit Gaddafi ... i dont know what the Iranian response will be. it could be something to do with the shipping lanes like they've been doing lately . if that happens the US may sink half of their navy or something to that effect. or maybe hit their troops again in Syria with surgical strikes we dont have to put a large scale # of boots on the ground to seriously hurt them .

Irans Quds foce General Soleimani just killed in rocket attack !

Why didn't President Obama do this? Because he had better sense. He knew it wouldn't be worth the fallout. We are all less safe.

Obama loved Iran, his top adviser, Val Jarrett, was born in Tehran.

Of course he wasn't going to do anything against one of his most beloved nations.

Will you please stop this bullshit? Jarret was born and spent the first few years of her life in Iran because her father and mother worked in a hospital. You do know that Iran was quite different then and a completely westernized society under the Shah. She's no more Iranian than you are! Grow up and get your facts straight. It makes you look like a dumbass!

Weird, just yesterday I was praising Trump over his quick response to the attack on the embassy...

So, are we at war?

Serious question. Every prez has a war: and Iran has been asking for it for months. I was hoping Trump would get thru re-election before going after them (or their going after us, which is what seems to be happening!).

So we've killed a top Iranian general and a high-level enemy Iraqi commander who were apparently standing together: nothing suspicious about THAT, oh no! By shelling an airport. After massive armed and mob attacks on our embassy so severe we had to evacuate fast. And we are rushing troops to the area, the headlines are saying. Sounds like it could be war to me ---- anyone?

Darn, and the Dow was up well over 300 today!! It won't be up tomorrow, I'm guessing....

Not unlike the air base in Syria.

So, are we at war?

Who shelled an airbase in Syria? Is that what you are trying to say?

the war in Iraq started when Sadam invaded our ally Kuwait after we pushed him back he violated almost every UN treaty [cease fire treaty] and gave the inspectors for chemical weapons the run around .he then threatened to use chems on our troops .after we removed him peace was established the first democratic election in Iraq's history was held [purple fingers being held up ] and then unfortunately your dear leader and muslim brotherhood friend became POTUS .he pulled out of Iraq enabled the Arab Spring and enabled the rise of ISIS and war across the middle east ensued . along with the refugee crisis with your buddies flooding into Europe causing chaos .

Statement by the Department of Defense > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Release
IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Statement by the Department of Defense
JAN. 2, 2020​
At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.

General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months – including the attack on December 27th – culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.

This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.

I would start being very concerned about your security.
why has Iran suddenly turned hostile to America ??

Is that a serious question or are you that ignorant?

So, are we at war?

Exactly what I said. 59 Tomahawks. Remember?

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JAN. 2, 2020​
At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.

General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months – including the attack on December 27th – culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.

This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.

no it was sarcasm . everyone knows Iran has been very hostile to the US for over 40 yrs .

80 million people live in Iran. I know many wonderful people from Iran. I don’t want 20 yr olds from Indiana to go there & kill civilians & kids & then get killed themselves. Imperial war is the darkest evil.

Do we really want to get into perpetual warfare in the Middle East? It's easy for politicians to pound the table & talk about how tough they are, but it will not be the sons & daughters of billionaires that get killed.

I see no reason for troops on the ground in Iran except maybe infiltrated for Humint, or painting targets with IR. Might be time for a new deck of playing cards with pictures on them. Most of the people on the Iraqi playing cards were taken out by rockets and airdropped guided munitions. I have no problem with targeted air strikes. There is no excuse for another Regime Change strategy. We're not good it. We are much better just generally breaking crap and taking out specific people. We're still stuck in the Middle East after we screwed up the entire Middle East with the last Regime Change war. Specific targeted drone missions and and airstrikes as necessary, no ground forces. no need to get in a hurry either. Just smack the crap out of them on an on provocation basis is fine. Should have done that last year when they started taking oil tankers.

Painting targets with IR?

STFU dumbass! You don't have a fucking clue!

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JAN. 2, 2020​

no it was sarcasm . everyone knows Iran has been very hostile to the US for over 40 yrs .

Thank you! I was worried for a little while that you had slipped over to the dumb side!

its about time ! and going after the lranian leaders may be the new approach that will slap some sense into those murdering terrorist !! and it may also give the opposition inside of Iran the the boost they need to kick out the Islamic extremest running their country !
Fuck, I didn’t see you posted on “politics “ forum. I posted it on current events. Hopefully they can merge mine with your’s.
thats fine with me or they can merge mine under yours it doesnt matter .

So, are we at war?

I am still confused. That's not "shelling". I think perhaps you are very confused.

So, are we at war?

I am still confused. That's not "shelling". I think perhaps you are very confused.
Because you think you know it all. Your problem, not mine.

Forum List

Back