🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Iraq Civilian Death Toll Higher Under Obama than Bush

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
What do you expect from a reckless greenhorn, look what he has done to the planet...

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

In Bush's last year in office, the Iraqi civilian death toll was at around 10,000. Under Obama, it hit 20,000 in 2014. And it's still very high.

Nearly 19,000 civilians were killed in Iraq between January 2014 and October 2015 -- a toll the United Nations calls "staggering" in a new report.
This is worse than all but two of the worst years under Bush. By Bush's last year in office, the Surge, which Obama opposed, had worked and the violence had died down. Before Obama called ISIS a JV team, civilian casualties had doubled in one year.

What do you expect from a reckless greenhorn, look what he has done to the planet...

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

In Bush's last year in office, the Iraqi civilian death toll was at around 10,000. Under Obama, it hit 20,000 in 2014. And it's still very high.

Nearly 19,000 civilians were killed in Iraq between January 2014 and October 2015 -- a toll the United Nations calls "staggering" in a new report.
This is worse than all but two of the worst years under Bush. By Bush's last year in office, the Surge, which Obama opposed, had worked and the violence had died down. Before Obama called ISIS a JV team, civilian casualties had doubled in one year.

So, wait. Obama pulled out of Iraq years ago, but it's still his fault, but Bush didn't pull out of Iraq, he went in, and nothing is his fault because he's not president any more. Er......

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

So, wait. Obama pulled out of Iraq years ago, but it's still his fault, but Bush didn't pull out of Iraq, he went in, and nothing is his fault because he's not president any more. Er......

Bush didn't pull out of Iraq because it would become a hot bed of terrorists. We can thank Obama for getting out of Iraq and letting that happen.

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

Bush didn't pull out of Iraq because it would become a hot bed of terrorists. We can thank Obama for getting out of Iraq and letting that happen.

So why did Bush pull out of Iraq then?

Obama pulled out because BUSH signed the order.

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

Obama failed in the negotiations to allow the soldiers to stay.

Obama: Pulling All U.S. Troops Out of Iraq Was Not 'My Decision'

When he was running for re-election in 2012, President Barack Obama repeatedly took credit for ending the war in Iraq and bringing all U.S. troops home from that country. At the White House on Saturday, however, when talking about his decision to use military force against the al-Qaida-related ISIS terrorist group in Iraq, Obama said removing all U.S. troops from Iraq was not “my decision.”
“You know I say what I mean and I mean what I say,” Obama said in Hollywood, Florida on Nov. 4, 2012. “I said I'd end the war in Iraq. I ended it.”
“In order for us to maintain troops in Iraq, we needed the invitation of the Iraqi government and we needed assurances that our personnel would be immune from prosecution if, for example, they were protecting themselves and ended up getting in a firefight with Iraqis, that they wouldn’t be hauled before an Iraqi judicial system.
“And the Iraqi government, based on its political considerations, in part because Iraqis were tired of a U.S. occupation, declined to provide us those assurances,” Obama said. “And on that basis, we left. We had offered to leave additional troops.

Last edited:

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

When he was running for re-election in 2012, President Barack Obama repeatedly took credit for ending the war in Iraq and bringing all U.S. troops home from that country. At the White House on Saturday, however, when talking about his decision to use military force against the al-Qaida-related ISIS terrorist group in Iraq, Obama said removing all U.S. troops from Iraq was not “my decision.”
“You know I say what I mean and I mean what I say,” Obama said in Hollywood, Florida on Nov. 4, 2012. “I said I'd end the war in Iraq. I ended it.”
“In order for us to maintain troops in Iraq, we needed the invitation of the Iraqi government and we needed assurances that our personnel would be immune from prosecution if, for example, they were protecting themselves and ended up getting in a firefight with Iraqis, that they wouldn’t be hauled before an Iraqi judicial system.
“And the Iraqi government, based on its political considerations, in part because Iraqis were tired of a U.S. occupation, declined to provide us those assurances,” Obama said. “And on that basis, we left. We had offered to leave additional troops.

So Bush signed to leave, and then the Iraqi govt decided it didn't want US troops to stay anyway, and somehow this is Obama's fault. Why?

Obama taking credit is hardly surprising, he's a politician, and he's quite a good one at that, most politicians would take the credit for things even if they didn't do them.

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

So Bush signed to leave, and then the Iraqi govt decided it didn't want US troops to stay anyway, and somehow this is Obama's fault. Why?

Obama taking credit is hardly surprising, he's a politician, and he's quite a good one at that, most politicians would take the credit for things even if they didn't do them.
They were in negotiations for days. He failed to get a compromise. You are right about Bush's declaration, though.

They were in negotiations for days. He failed to get a compromise. You are right about Bush's declaration, though.

So, there were negotiations. If a country doesn't want foreign troops in their country, what can you do? I think most people thought leaving was a good idea at the time, especially the Iraqis who hated the US.

So Bush signed, the order to leave was there, the Iraqis wanted the US out too, so, again, how is this anything to do with Obama?

So, there were negotiations. If a country doesn't want foreign troops in their country, what can you do? I think most people thought leaving was a good idea at the time, especially the Iraqis who hated the US.

So Bush signed, the order to leave was there, the Iraqis wanted the US out too, so, again, how is this anything to do with Obama?
Like I said, negotiations were going on for days and a compromise would have been fruitful But blame has to be put on the Iraqi government, too.

One good thing Obama did,. is he refused to let soldiers be punished for "crimes." That is the first time I ever heard him go to bat for the soldiers. Bravo for him.

Like I said, negotiations were going on for days and a compromise would have been fruitful But blame has to be put on the Iraqi government, too.

One good thing Obama did,. is he refused to let soldiers be punished for "crimes." That is the first time I ever heard him go to bat for the soldiers. Bravo for him.

Compromise? The Iraqis wanted the US out and the US wanted out. Sounds like compromise to me.

What you're talking about is hindsight.

I'm sure Obama has done what he had to do. So the military doesn't like him, it's not his fault, he's just not a guy who wants to promote soldiers through the ranks by making war. I'd say that's a good thing. I'm sure many career soldiers don't.

Compromise? The Iraqis wanted the US out and the US wanted out. Sounds like compromise to me.

I'm sure Obama has done what he had to do. So the military doesn't like him, it's not his fault, he's just not a guy who wants to promote soldiers through the ranks by making war. I'd say that's a good thing. I'm sure many career soldiers don't.
Perhaps I am talking about hindsight. It's late and I am tired...

Perhaps I am talking about hindsight. It's late and I am tired...

Well get back to me when you're fresh, you haven't insulted me, so this isn't going to badly for a conversation on this board.

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

Bush didnt pull out of Iraq, dumbshit. That was Obozo. He claimed credit for it about 23 times. Until it didnt look like such a great idea and then it was Bush's fault.

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

We are out of Iraq. It's not Obama's death toll, but it sure is Bush's legacy.

January 21, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

death_to_america.gif

We weren't in Iraq until 3 years into Bush's Presidency you stupid fuck.

Forum List

Back