Iraq Suicide Car Bomb Kills 68, Wounds 56

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040729/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq&cid=540&ncid=716

BAQOUBA, Iraq - A suicide car bomb tore through a downtown street Wednesday, killing 68 Iraqis and turning a bustling area of shops and fruit stalls into charred corpses, twisted metal and burning cars — the deadliest attack in the month since U.S. authorities handed sovereignty to an interim government.

Senseless death.

Why is this action meaninfull to the suicide bomber and his sponsors?

Why inflicted tremendous pain and death upon a random sample of Iraqi people and expect some kind of favorable reaction? What is the objective of this slaughter?

"These were all innocent Iraqis, there were no Americans. What was their guilt?" one man shouted at the bomb site, pounding his head in grief. Other men screamed epithets and denounced the attackers as terrorists.

I suppose it would be "ok" if those who died were all Americans then, but it doesn't stop me from understanding his grief.

The large number of civilian casualties in attacks has angered many and even raised questions on Islamic Web sites, where the morality of killing Muslims who work for U.S. coalition forces in Iraq has been debated.

Still, I wonder when debating the morality of killing non-Muslims becomes an issue.

Still, it's a step up from automatically blaming Zionists or Americans for the act and washing their hands of the whole thing.

In an audio recording posted Wednesday on one site, a speaker purported to be the spiritual adviser of an Iraqi insurgency group justified killing fellow Muslims when they protect infidels and also the deaths of bystanders in an attack.

Some preacher, huh?

"If infidels take Muslims as protectors and Muslims do not fight them, it is allowed to kill the Muslims," said the speaker, identified as Sheik Abu Anas al-Shami, spiritual leader of Tawhid and Jihad, a group led by al-Qaida-linked Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

I want to release a tape so I can tell this Motherfucker to rot in hell, you spiritual piece of shit. But you have to kill people to get air time on Al-Jazeera.

The speaker also said that if Muslims who "mingled" among infidels were killed in an attack, that would be justified because killing infidels is paramount. The tape was recorded before the June 28 handover of power.

I bet he was raised in a Madrassa. All that head bobbing over the Koran causes brain damage, it seems.

Forum List

Back