Iraq War Cost US 2 Trillion dollars, 200,000 lives. What a waste.

The Iraq war, the afghanistan war, the viet nam war, the kosovo war--------all wasted american lives and american money.

to try to make these blunders into some kind of partisan attack is to ignore history. Both parties are equally to blame.

It's the Progressive Left that has continued to whine about things passed while doing nothing to improve the future. All the Left seems to strive for is the power to supress the rest of the people.

Correcting bad behavior does improve the future.

It's not about "hating" Bush..it's about international protocol.

The US attacked, invaded and occupied a country that did not attack it first.

The UN would not sanction this action.

Yeah..it was a crime.

There is no set of international statutes that define what is an international crime and what is not. The Iraq military action, while stupid, was legal by US law.

"international protocol" are you kidding. Does that include obama bowing to the saudi king and the japanese emperor? Did Saddam follow "international protocol" when he invaded Kuwait and when he gassed his own people? Is Assad following "international protocol" as he wages a civil war against people who want to remove him from power?

you talk like a 12 year old who has zero experience in the real world.

Geneva Conventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get back to me when you famliarize yourself with it.

Talk about war crimes:

333505_263775356997284_261697073871779_702988_982840651_o.jpg

Two things first yes Iraq was a mistake I will gladly admit that second for God's sake will guy's pick a number and stick with it your numbers on this go up and down more than a basketball during March madness.
Then you deny the seriousness of Saddam's war crimes found here:

U.S. War Crimes Ambassador Reviews Saddam Hussein's Criminality

The Case for Justice in Iraq
By David J. Scheffer
Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues

Monday, September 18, 2000

Middle East Institute and the Iraq Foundation
National Press Club, Washington, D.C.

You have NO idea.
I'm not denying anything Saddam did or trying to paint him as decent person but the fact is we paid to high a price to get rid of him. I didn't oppose the war when it started nor did I turn on it when it got tough but looking back it was not worth what we paid but hindsight is 20/20 always will be.
Had the world only dealt with Hitler when he and his henchmen started his takeover campaign of Europe, people would say it was not worth it, too.

Stopping a Hitler is the best thing other countries can do while he's still not too powerful. Saddam's use of a super Sarin on not only his fellow Iraqis, but on his Arab neighbors is well-documented.

His case should have been dealt with in the 90s. His war crimes escalated, and he absolutely closed Iraq to outsiders and paid people like Peter Arnett in Rolls-Royces to publish nice things about him while he was Arab-murdering his ass off.

Last edited:
I'm not denying anything Saddam did or trying to paint him as decent person but the fact is we paid to high a price to get rid of him. I didn't oppose the war when it started nor did I turn on it when it got tough but looking back it was not worth what we paid but hindsight is 20/20 always will be.
Had the world only dealt with Hitler when he and his henchmen started his takeover campaign of Europe, people would say it was not worth it, too.

Stopping a Hitler is the best thing other countries can do while he's still not too powerful. Saddam's use of a super Sarin on not only his fellow Iraqis, but on his Arab neighbors is well-documented.

His case should have been dealt with in the 90s. His war crimes escalated, and he absolutely closed Iraq to outsiders and paid people like Peter Arnett in Rolls-Royces to publish nice things about him while he was Arab-murdering his ass off.

To compare Iraq to Germany as a threat is a poor analogy. Germany was and is an industrial power capable of mounting a first class war. FDR had an even bigger problem on his hands than fighting Republicans in his attempt to rearm America, he had the depression and the nation was in no mood to take on Europe's problems. The American people wanted isolation not involvement.
Still FDR got Lend Lease, the first peace time draft and began rearming America despite Republican opposition as the America Firsters.

There is no set of international statutes that define what is an international crime and what is not. The Iraq military action, while stupid, was legal by US law.

"international protocol" are you kidding. Does that include obama bowing to the saudi king and the japanese emperor? Did Saddam follow "international protocol" when he invaded Kuwait and when he gassed his own people? Is Assad following "international protocol" as he wages a civil war against people who want to remove him from power?

Talk about war crimes:

Since when is collateral damage a war crime?

Umm, Hussein was no Hitler. Hitler had a fully armed and capable war machine to realize his dementia; Hussein did not. Hussein was no longer even much of a threat to his neighbors, no less us.

The Iraq war, the afghanistan war, the viet nam war, the kosovo war--------all wasted american lives and american money.

to try to make these blunders into some kind of partisan attack is to ignore history. Both parties are equally to blame.

It's the Progressive Left that has continued to whine about things passed while doing nothing to improve the future. All the Left seems to strive for is the power to supress the rest of the people.

We only want to surpress the teaparty scabs, and we've just about accomplished that!

:)

Umm, Hussein was no Hitler. Hitler had a fully armed and capable war machine to realize his dementia; Hussein did not. Hussein was no longer even much of a threat to his neighbors, no less us.

Saddam didn't have a pot to piss, only the idiot teaparty would compare him to Hitler, because that's what the uber idiots Beck and Limbaugh taught them

:(

Talk about war crimes:

Your concern over the death of that young man is heart warming.

I am sure you are condemning George W. Bush for the deaths of nearly 100K people like that person in Iraq..right?

Saddam didn't have a pot to piss, only the idiot teaparty would compare him to Hitler, because that's what the uber idiots Beck and Limbaugh taught them

:(

He was alot more like Tito or Ataturk.

Talk about war crimes:

I am sure you are condemning George W. Bush for the deaths of nearly 100K people like that person in Iraq..right?

They have crocodile tears over that young man but they applaud the killing of this young man.

images

Talk about war crimes:

They have crocodile tears over that young man but they applaud the killing of this young man.

images

Or this American.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBPf29ZOWkg]Israeli bulldozer driver murders American peace activist - YouTube[/ame]

Or this American.

American Furkan Dogan Killed on Gaza Aid Flotilla - ABC News

Or these Americans.

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of big talk from people who were never over there. We did far more good than we did bad. You make a case for the civilians casualties yet you seem to forget the thousands upon thousands of people Saddam slaughtered and even tested chemical weapons on without prejudice. Men women and children alike.

Freedom has a bloody price. Most Americans have been shielded from the reality of that price. For that you are welcome. Now am I naive enough to believe that there were not ulterior motive for the war? Not at all. However we gave Saddam a month long warning before we invaded and we have images of trucks leaving weapons factories and going into Iran. Now shockingly Iran is closer to producing nukes than we thought lol

But I digress. Ultimately the Iraq campaign was a good decision. We should have let them rebuild their own country.

A lot of big talk from people who were never over there. We did far more good than we did bad. You make a case for the civilians casualties yet you seem to forget the thousands upon thousands of people Saddam slaughtered and even tested chemical weapons on without prejudice. Men women and children alike.

Freedom has a bloody price. Most Americans have been shielded from the reality of that price. For that you are welcome. Now am I naive enough to believe that there were not ulterior motive for the war? Not at all. However we gave Saddam a month long warning before we invaded and we have images of trucks leaving weapons factories and going into Iran. Now shockingly Iran is closer to producing nukes than we thought lol

But I digress. Ultimately the Iraq campaign was a good decision. We should have let them rebuild their own country.

Umm ... a month long warning to do what?

images

Or this American.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBPf29ZOWkg]Israeli bulldozer driver murders American peace activist - YouTube[/ame]

Or this American.

American Furkan Dogan Killed on Gaza Aid Flotilla - ABC News

Or these Americans.

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are both idiots.

Umm ... a month long warning to do what?

Before we invaded Iraq we gave Saddam a month to let in inspectors and cease production or attempts to produce wmd. Saddam did not comply he instead shipped what he had to Iran out of spite. Knowing that it would not take the US much time to conquer his whole country.

Before we invaded Iraq we gave Saddam a month to let in inspectors and cease production or attempts to produce wmd.
That is total horseshit!

Inspectors were already in the country driving around in white vans.

Saddam did not comply he instead shipped what he had to Iran out of spite. Knowing that it would not take the US much time to conquer his whole country.
Considering the capabilities of our spy satellites, you don't think we'd notice a convoy of semi's driving a 1000 miles across the open desert in one of the most watched areas of the world?

What we did to Iraq was just disgusting.

Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here

An impassioned young woman from the middle of the lecture hall spoke up. It was obviously not easy for her. “It is not,” she said, “about lack of water and electricity. You have destroyed everything. You have destroyed our country. You have destroyed what is inside of us! You have destroyed our ancient civilization. You have taken our smiles from us. You have taken our dreams!”

Someone asked, “Why did you this? What did we do to you that you would do this to us?”

“Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here,” said another. “They destroyed the childhood. You don’t destroy everything and then say ‘We’re sorry.’ “You don’t commit crimes and then say ‘Sorry.’”

“To bomb us and then send teams to do investigations on the effects of the bombs…No, it will not be forgotten. It is not written on our hearts, it is carved in our hearts.”
And people who supported this un-American bullshit, are pretty fucked up individuals.

Forum List

Back