Iraq: What Should Obama Tell all the US Iraqi Vets?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
The US Military laid out 8 main objectives for Operation Iraqi Freedom:

1 End the regime of Saddam Hussein.

2 Eliminate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

3 Capture or drive out terrorists.

4 Collect intelligence on terrorist networks. .

5 Collect intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction activity.

6 Secure Iraq's oil fields.

7 Deliver humanitarian relief and end sanctions.

8 Help Iraq achieve representative self-government and insure its territorial integrity.

Operation Iraqi Freedom: Military Objectives Met

The goals were met at great cost to the US and especially in terms of our men who fought and served and made it a reality. In a few short year President Obama managed to turn back almost all of the goals. The terrorist networks now run most of the country.

In addition to the major geopolitical disaster this has become, what should President Obama say to the Vets who served in Iraq now that their sacrifices were all in vain

Obama's new Iraq Strategy:

Phase I Cut N Run

Phase II Blame Bush.

Iraq veterans, it's not that your efforts were wasted, it's just that Obama decided to switch sides in the GWOT

8 Help Iraq achieve representative self-government and insure its territorial integrity.

The goals were met at great cost to the US and especially in terms of our men who fought and served and made it a reality. In a few short year President Obama managed to turn back almost all of the goals. The terrorist networks now run most of the country.

In addition to the major geopolitical disaster this has become, what should President Obama say to the Vets who served in Iraq now that their sacrifices were all in vain

he should tell them he is sorry for staying 2 years longer than Bush intended to stay.

he should tell them he is sorry for staying 2 years longer than Bush intended to stay.

Already covered.

Phase I Cut N Run

Phase II Blame Bush.

This was accomplished: 1 End the regime of Saddam Hussein.

There were none as described in the Bush brief in demand for war: 2 Eliminate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

Drove them under ground until we left: 3 Capture or drive out terrorists.

This was accomplished: 4 Collect intelligence on terrorist networks. .

There were none as described in the Bush brief in demand for war: 5 Collect intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction activity.

The post-war administration did a poor post ware job: 6 Secure Iraq's oil fields.

Yes and Yes: 7 Deliver humanitarian relief and end sanctions.

We have guaranteed Iraqi and Iranian alliance: 8 Help Iraq achieve representative self-government and insure its territorial integrity.

9. We were not authorized by the legitimate authority that issued the sanctions and cease fire to implement an invasion. The US broke international law.

10. Making Bush et al war criminals who should be delivered to The Hague.

11. 1 through 8 could have been fulfilled entirely if Bush et al had followed General Shenseki's advice, but failed to do so.

Conclusion:

12. a pan-jihadist civil war will continue

13. Iran and Iraq will grow much closer

14. US goals failed.

Already covered.

Phase I Cut N Run

Phase II Blame Bush.

explain how Obama can blame Bush when he extended the stay in Iraq

:cuckoo: this should be good, stay tuned.

Already covered.

Phase I Cut N Run

Phase II Blame Bush.

You are whining about blaming Bush for his mistakes, podjo?

Are you supporting jihadism, Frank?

Yes, you are goofy, Siete, and a supporter of jihadism, which Bush guaranteed with the greatest fiasco in American foreign policy.

The ME is more destabilized now because of the forces Bush unleashed and Iran and Iraq grow more closely.

The neo-cons are wittingly aiding jihadism.

Yes, you are goofy, Siete, and a supporter of jihadism, which Bush guaranteed with the greatest fiasco in American foreign policy.

The ME is more destabilized now because of the forces Bush unleashed and Iran and Iraq grow more closely.

The neo-cons are wittingly aiding jihadism.

pssssssssssssst, I'm not a republican you moron

Already covered.

Phase I Cut N Run

Phase II Blame Bush.

Obama can blame Bush because the rest of the world blames Bush. He extended the stay in Iraq to accomplish a dignified withdrawal that honored promises made by Bush. We left because the Iraqi government demanded the right to have jurisdiction over American troops. That meant allowing American troops to be tried in Iraqi courts by Iraqi judges for alleged crimes committed while under orders during combat operations. Obama told them to fuck off and left them to their own misery. Now they are paying for choosing to depend on Iran instead of the USA.

Already covered.

Phase I Cut N Run

Phase II Blame Bush.

Obama can blame Bush because the rest of the world blames Bush. He extended the stay in Iraq to accomplish a dignified withdrawal that honored promises made by Bush. We left because the Iraqi government demanded the right to have jurisdiction over American troops. That meant allowing American troops to be tried in Iraqi courts by Iraqi judges for alleged crimes committed while under orders during combat operations. Obama told them to fuck off and left them to their own misery. Now they are paying for choosing to depend on Iran instead of the USA.

bla bla bla

I've ask this before so help me out ..

exactly how much taxpayer $$$ ,exactly how many American soldiers lives, and exactly how long are you willing to stay in Iraq ?

Already covered.

Phase I Cut N Run

Phase II Blame Bush.

Phase III Kick it to someone else for plausible deniability.

I saw this coming a mile away. Obama is too chickenshit to make a decision and take responsibility for the consequences. So he is contantly covering his ass by making someone else responsible. He will do the same here, making support conditional on commitments or actions that will be impossible to fulfill.

bla bla bla

exactly how much taxpayer $$$ ,exactly how many American soldiers lives, and exactly how long are you willing to stay in Iraq ?

What would you prefer, that Obama pulled the troops the day after he took office?

bla bla bla

What would you prefer, that Obama pulled the troops the day after he took office?

you don't answer a question with a question ... dodge much?

I'd PREFER we stayed in Afghanistan and took care of our own business.

next dodging contestant please.

I was not in favor of Bush succumbing to both parties and the UN and putting ground troops into Iraq in the first place! Once it was done and many of our soldier's lives lost, and there was mostly success, then Obama should have relied on the advice of the military. Instead, he fired the Generals who didn't agree with him.

What can you expect from a Islamic POS like Obama anyway!

Forum List

Back