Is 2016 the year Alabama lawmakers consider a lottery?

Probably so. Won't bother me one way or the other.

Would you play?

The state could do with the revenue!

I buy $20 worth when I take the family to Disneyworld. I'd probably do the same if Alabama has the lottery if the prize goes over 300 million.

Do you play any subscription?

I play the Massachusetts lottery by subscription, just one phone call and I'm covered for a year.

I play the Massachusetts lottery by subscription, just one phone call and I'm covered for a year.

You should report yourself to the local Alabama authorities.

They could use the revenue.

You should report yourself to the local Alabama authorities.

They could use the revenue.
They should set up a state lottery!
Playing other state lotteries is one way showing support for a state lottery.

25nevada.xlarge1.jpg

With no lottery of their own, Nevadans who want to play the numbers visit California vendors like this one near the state line.

On a recent afternoon, lines of customers snaked to the door of the Primm Valley Lotto Store, a bustling hut just over the border in California. The parking lot was packed with cars sporting Nevada license plates.

The hut, on a dead-end street paved for the sole purpose of crossing that border, holds two important distinctions. It is the lottery ticket vendor closest to Las Vegas, 45 miles to the northeast. And it sells more lottery tickets than any other vendor in California, according to that state’s lottery officials.

25nevada.xlarge1.jpg

With no lottery of their own, Nevadans who want to play the numbers visit California vendors like this one near the state line.

On a recent afternoon, lines of customers snaked to the door of the Primm Valley Lotto Store, a bustling hut just over the border in California. The parking lot was packed with cars sporting Nevada license plates.

The hut, on a dead-end street paved for the sole purpose of crossing that border, holds two important distinctions. It is the lottery ticket vendor closest to Las Vegas, 45 miles to the northeast. And it sells more lottery tickets than any other vendor in California, according to that state’s lottery officials.

I told you so!

I sure California appreciates the revenue!

635870857431125528-lottery.jpg

Future Powerball and state lottery ticket winners will become incredibly wealthy in an instant. Imagine being Joe Somebody and turning into Sir Joe the Magnificent overnight. Now imagine the unthinkable, where Sir Joe becomes Joe the Village Idiot in a very short time. Supposedly most lottery winners end up broke again. That just doesn't seem right at all.

12 things not to do if you win the lottery

635870857431125528-lottery.jpg

Future Powerball and state lottery ticket winners will become incredibly wealthy in an instant. Imagine being Joe Somebody and turning into Sir Joe the Magnificent overnight. Now imagine the unthinkable, where Sir Joe becomes Joe the Village Idiot in a very short time. Supposedly most lottery winners end up broke again. That just doesn't seem right at all.

12 things not to do if you win the lottery

That's generally because people who win it have no discipline. For many winning the lottery IS their retirement plan.

Forum List

Back