Is aborting Down Syndrome Babies a cure to D/S?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
If so, when we discover the gay gene, is aborting all gay babies a cure for gayness? This is the argument made in Iceland, which claims to eradicate D/S. It is similar to Spartans tossing imperfect babies off a cliff.

I am pro-choice. I see it as the lesser of 2 great evils and yes I see it as murdering a baby. I am tore on this. I personally would seek an abortion if D/S or any birth defects were detected (even gulp late term), but it seems Euro countries might be moving towards forced abortion of D/S babies and that seems wrong.

I digress. Question to liberals who support Iceland, would you support eradicating gayness when we uncover the gay gene.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What is the correlation between gayness and down syndrome?

If so, when we discover the gay gene, is aborting all gay babies a cure for gayness? This is the argument made in Iceland, which claims to eradicate D/S. It is similar to Spartans tossing imperfect babies off a cliff.

I am pro-choice. I see it as the lesser of 2 great evils and yes I see it as murdering a baby. I am tore on this. I personally would seek an abortion if D/S or any birth defects were detected (even gulp late term), but it seems Euro countries might be moving towards forced abortion of D/S babies and that seems wrong.

I digress. Question to liberals who support Iceland, would you support eradicating gayness when we uncover the gay gene.

They do not force abortions in Iceland.

Maybe it could IDK
I do know it would eliminate babies BORN with DS. Which, is a good thing.

I think that we should only be allowed to have 1 baby girl per family and knock out the male species except to freeze the best , smartest and of coarse democrat sperm donor

The world would be the best looking, smartest, peaceful place to live.

:p

Last edited:

not sure----but I believe that most cases of Down's syndrome is actually
a SPONTANEOUS mutation. The defect is mostly not a matter of
GENE POOL thing

Maybe it could IDK
I do know it would eliminate babies BORN with DS. Which, is a good thing.

I actually had my babies at 40 years old, and didn't want to know any DS test result unless if the baby was going to suffer a terrible life non existent painful life.. . Then we would make our decision from there.

I think that we should only be allowed to have 1 baby girl per family and knock out the male species except to freeze the best , smartest and of coarse democrat sperm donor

The world would be the best looking, smartest, peaceful place to live.

:p

Evidently you never read science fiction, because we all know the end result of that is Women who take the Role of Men and become worse than actual men at being men.

If the fetus is normal, I believe abortion should only be a last resort and not a first option. If the fetus is diagnosed with severe disabilities to the point where there is no chance for an independent productive life, then IMO abortion should be a first option. It is similar to extending a severely disabled old person's life when that person desires to die. A healthy life is precious but a severely disabled painful life is a different situation.

In Iceland they are aborting any fetus where Down syndrome is detected and liberals are proclaiming they eradicated D/S. However we will eventually find the gay gene. What if fetuses can be screened for the gay gene. Would you say gayness was eradicated if ever fetus in which the gay gene was detected was aborted?

In Iceland they are aborting any fetus where Down syndrome is detected and liberals are proclaiming they eradicated D/S. However we will eventually find the gay gene. What if fetuses can be screened for the gay gene. Would you say gayness was eradicated if ever fetus in which the gay gene was detected was aborted?

I don’t believe you . You are spinning that this isn’t somehow forced on people . Do you have a link ?

I don’t believe you . You are spinning that this isn’t somehow forced on people . Do you have a link ?

I never said it was forced.

Why Down syndrome in Iceland has almost disappeared - CBS News

Republicans most certainly would support abortion for a gay baby.

But they would deny abortion if the baby had downs syndrome.

Forum List

Back