Is Abortion A State’s Right Issue?

It is now a states rights issue. The public wants to vote on it. This is what the people who wanted roe overturned wanted. Now their upset states are dealing with it. Can't have it both ways.

You are aware that we are a Representative Republic?
That the citizens vote for Representatives to carry out their positions, and that the general public generally does not vote on specific issues (bond referendums and such not included)
I could be wrong but as I understand it changes to state constitutions must be voted on by the electorate.. not representatives.

Anti-snort it’s are terrified of that because every time abortion is put to a vote the anti-abortion freaks LOSE

But I thought it was a states right issue

The argument seem so changes with the day

You cannot trust Republicans

Ever
Maybe if progressives didn’t always try to be too cute with wording, it may make it to the ballot…But, we know progressives are liars, so they must be closely scrutinized…

You are aware that we are a Representative Republic?
That the citizens vote for Representatives to carry out their positions, and that the general public generally does not vote on specific issues (bond referendums and such not included)
... unless the law provides for referendums, initiatives, and constitutional changes at the state level?

You do understand that? OK. Then sit down.

No. Not like that at all.

The Constitution says that if you engage in insurrection you can not be on the ballot
It is EXACTLY like that. You complain about Desantis wanting to keep the abortion vote off the ballot while you are trying to take Trump off the ballot.

Wow, one in fifteen point five voters. LMAO

The threshold for calling for a vote is WELL below a million and if it were to come to a vote it would be MANY MILLIONS

Which terrifies you

murder is everyones problem
Authoritarianism under which the reproductive liberty of American citizens is abrogated by extremist politicians is everyone's problem.

The United States emulating Nicaragua's and El Salvador's draconian oppression of women is a vile prospect.

Fantasizing that a mindless, microscopic clump of cells is a person is entirely permissible, but forcing such a crackpot notion upon everyone else is antithetical to personal freedom.

Should it come up for a vote by the people of those individual states?

Well not Florida it seems Florida Asks State Supreme Court To Tank Abortion Ballot Proposal

One million signatures have been gathered to put it to a vote . Well above the threshold, but the DiSantis government is suing to try to stop that vote
There were those who insisted that slavery was a "state's rights" issue, but the U.S. Constitution's guarantee of the personal freedom of all Americans vanquished that insipid notion.

The threshold for calling for a vote is WELL below a million and if it were to come to a vote it would be MANY MILLIONS

Which terrifies you

Why would it terrify me, I don't live there. I'll just remain here and support my values, here.

Maybe there could be a Federal recommendation on legal abortion. Pick a number maybe 12 weeks gestation max for surgical abortion? Then after that it's only health of the mother or severe fetal issues allowed. Then let the states vote on adopting that or do their own.
SCOTUS has basically said this is a states rights issue. Can't you guys make up your minds?
MAGA

No. Not like that at all.

The Constitution says that if you engage in insurrection you can not be on the ballot
It's all about who is pushing the doctrine on who the insurrectionists are. We do not believe you. We live with it. And when we come ack to power they will be released and then we can push doctrine that you are insurrectionists. And the truth is, those riots were of insurrectionist ways. Antifa even declared itself a separate nation in the middle of a western city.

You can't blame him, just because a few commies will sign a petition doesn't mean it's good for the State.

Bring it to a vote and let the people decide. After all it is just a few "commies" that sign a petition. At least enough to get it on the ballot. And since the rest of the state obviously isn't "commies" it should be easily defeated, CORRECT.
MAGA

Bring it to a vote and let the people decide. After all it is just a few "commies" that sign a petition. At least enough to get it on the ballot. And since the rest of the state obviously isn't "commies" it should be easily defeated, CORRECT.
MAGA

We can only hope, I don't believe in killing perfectly healthy babies. Why do you?

Forum List

Back