🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Antarctica gaining or losing ice?

If you had ANY, REAL familiarity with those topics, your graph would have a fucking source, asshole.

sl_ns_global.png

Since 1993, measurements from the TOPEX and Jason series of satellite radar altimeters have allowed estimates of global mean sea level. These measurements are continuously monitored against a network of tide gauges. When seasonal variations are subtracted, they allow estimation of the global mean sea level rate. As new data, models and corrections become available, we continuously revise these estimates (about every two months) to improve their quality.

3.3 +0.4 mm/year

So you think there's any "tide gauge data" in that graph BullWinky??
I believe the included caption - infinitely more than we got with Billy Boy's cartoon, is true. If you're having trouble understanding, it take it up with your grade school teachers.

Yet -- you didn't answer the question didya? And I noticed that you highlighted something in the caption about tide gauges. So did you believe that ANYTHING in that graph actually compares sat data to gauge data?

And why are spamming me with esoteric description of how satellite MSS heights are calculated. That has NOTHING to do with my question.

Hint --- What do Topex and Jason refer to? I'll help you like a 5th grade teacher would.. :badgrin:

Do you believe relative MSL from tide gauges are preferable to geocentric GMSL from the satellite data? If so, please explain.

Forum List

Back