🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

is Biden about to resign ?

with the first ladies comments that her husband [HAD] so many hopes when he took office and that he's [HAD] so many things thrown his way and every time you turn around he [HAD] to address the problems of the moment during a fundraiser recently .... could it be that the POTUS is about to resign ? its strange how she used the past tense to describe a presidency as if its already over .. with Biden polling at record lows and even the msm starting to criticize the man they helped gain the WH in 2020 add to that the dissatisfaction being expressed by the progressive leaders and voters in his party it appears that the question is not if but when will Biden step down ? will he even remain in office till the midterms are over and if does remain in office until the nov elections are over will they put Biden back into the basement until then ? congrats to all the people that voted for Harris to be the POTUS ... :doubt:

He's not going to resign unless HE decides health issues make him unable to do the job. But, the first lady is just accepting the reality that Biden has failed and probably blames it all on Manchin and Sinema. Biden et al made the mistake in thinking that just because he wasn't Trump the country would automatically be united and everything would all just work out.

If Brandon were to resign or get tossed out on his ass via the 25th … consider the bad consequences for the DNC. 😃

Kamelhump becomes either President or acting President and is out of the Senate. Dead even. The DNC nominal control dies immediately. 😎
she can still pick a VP to take her place in the Senate .

when Harris becomes POTUS look for the left to use her race and gender as a buffer to any criticism ... anyone that doesnt support her will be labeled as a racist and a sexist .... the old dem playbook ... maybe they believe they can use the divisive tactic to gain more minority votes ... with the majority Americans disapproving of their disastrous policies they may think the race card will be a winner .....again .

he didnt beat Trump in a head to head debate ...Trump was boxed in and prvented from bringing up Bidens business dealings by the mods ... facts .
Gulping Gator can laugh but the truth is the truth ....Wallace was ridiculed for the way he conducted the debate he moderated .

Thanks for showing us how little you know about how the government operates. If Biden steps down or resigns, Harris becomes President, not acting President as you said. She will be President, and will appoint someone to be her Vice President, and that person will be the tie breaker in the Senate. If your wildest wet dreams come true for Biden to exit, there would still be a Dem majority in the Senate, as Harris would pick another Dem to be her VP. Whoever is VP is the tie breaker for an evenly split vote in the Senate. Didn't you pay attention in Civics class? Apparently, from what you said in your post, you didn't.
Totally wrong. Kameltoe doesn’t get to appoint a VP. Has to be approved by the House (with Republican control after November, that won’t happen) and the Senate (with NO tie breaking vote available). Seems you weren’t paying attention.

I love it when you people self-own....

Here, this is from the Constitution, perhaps you have heard of it? You clearly never read it.

Twenty-Fifth Amendment​

Section 1
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

You apparently didn't read your own link. It clearly says that the VP becomes President andnominates a candidate (they pick who they want when they nominate them). The nominee takes office when confirmed by Congress. And, I don't think the Reps are stupid enough to try to leave the office of VP vacant like they did for the SC. If Biden leaves or is removed, Harris will pick a VP, and Congress will confirm them. It would be political suicide to do otherwise.

You apparently didn't read your own link. It clearly says that the VP becomes President andnominates a candidate (they pick who they want when they nominate them). The nominee takes office when confirmed by Congress. And, I don't think the Reps are stupid enough to try to leave the office of VP vacant like they did for the SC. If Biden leaves or is removed, Harris will pick a VP, and Congress will confirm them. It would be political suicide to do otherwise.

I did read my own link, but I am glad I was able to educate you so that you now know that all of Congress has to confirm the pick.

We have gone without a VP for long periods of time in the past, not sure why you think the GOP would just roll over and confirm just anyone.

I did read my own link, but I am glad I was able to educate you so that you now know that all of Congress has to confirm the pick.

We have gone without a VP for long periods of time in the past, not sure why you think the GOP would just roll over and confirm just anyone.

Yes, Congress does have to approve them, but the pick is done by the President, and in this case it would be Harris. Your original post said this...........................

Here is my "off the wall" prediction. Biden steps down,. Harris takes over and since there is now a 50/50 split in the Senate they compromise and make Pence the VP for the rest of the term!

You hinted that Congress would pick Pence as VP since there would be a 50/50 split. No, Congress doesn't pick who Harris would want as VP, Harris would pick them, and then Congress would confirm them. They can't confirm someone that they pick themselves, they have to confirm (or disapprove) someone that Harris picks as her VP. And, while it may have happened in the past that a couple of presidents haven't had a VP, that is one of the reasons the 25th was created, so that problem wouldn't happen. And yeah, it would be political suicide for the GOP to try to leave the VP position open. Not only would the Dems campaign on how the GOP was trying to harm our system of government, but it would also encourage other nations to assassinate Harris, as it would leave a vacancy in leadership. Besides, if Harris did take over as President, the GOP left the VP slot blank, and then some other country had her assassinated, you DO realize who would become President then right? Pelosi. According to the rules, if the Pres. and VP are taken out, the Speaker becomes Pres. Do you really want that?

Totally wrong. Kameltoe doesn’t get to appoint a VP. Has to be approved by the House (with Republican control after November, that won’t happen) and the Senate (with NO tie breaking vote available). Seems you weren’t paying attention.

Nope. She cannot without the approval of both the House and Senate.

Harris would do the picking for who she wanted as VP, and Congress would have to do the confirmation for them to take office. Congress WOULD NOT pick who got to be VP, all they can do is say yes or no, but the initial pick goes to the President, not Congress. You guys gotta quit picking and choosing what parts you like and what parts you don't. That is why your interpretation of the Constitution is so skewed and wrong, you skip over the parts you don't like so as to try to make it sound like it says something it really doesn't.

Harris would do the picking for who she wanted as VP, and Congress would have to do the confirmation for them to take office. Congress WOULD NOT pick who got to be VP, all they can do is say yes or no, but the initial pick goes to the President, not Congress. You guys gotta quit picking and choosing what parts you like and what parts you don't. That is why your interpretation of the Constitution is so skewed and wrong, you skip over the parts you don't like so as to try to make it sound like it says something it really doesn't.
Listen up retard. Kamelhump can pick anyone she wants. I told you that already. However, as I also told you, Congress gets to say yes OR no to her choice.

Guess what, stupid? They don’t have to confirm anyone. That effectively gives Congress the ultimate say.

Look, fuckstick. I understand that you’re tragically retarded. Believe it; you have never been able to conceal that condition. Nonetheless, you should try to dry your eyes, now, and get a handle on your frustration. I was right. I am right. You were wrong. You remain wrong. 👍😎

Maybe in September Biden will resign, by then the full extent of how far he is dragging down the Party will be known. No seat will be safe if Biden is successfully attached to every ballot. A Harris bump could save a few seats, but nothing Biden does will. I suppose it's a matter how much Democrats are willing to sacrifice.

Yes, Congress does have to approve them, but the pick is done by the President, and in this case it would be Harris. Your original post said this...........................

You hinted that Congress would pick Pence as VP since there would be a 50/50 split. No, Congress doesn't pick who Harris would want as VP, Harris would pick them, and then Congress would confirm them. They can't confirm someone that they pick themselves, they have to confirm (or disapprove) someone that Harris picks as her VP. And, while it may have happened in the past that a couple of presidents haven't had a VP, that is one of the reasons the 25th was created, so that problem wouldn't happen. And yeah, it would be political suicide for the GOP to try to leave the VP position open. Not only would the Dems campaign on how the GOP was trying to harm our system of government, but it would also encourage other nations to assassinate Harris, as it would leave a vacancy in leadership. Besides, if Harris did take over as President, the GOP left the VP slot blank, and then some other country had her assassinated, you DO realize who would become President then right? Pelosi. According to the rules, if the Pres. and VP are taken out, the Speaker becomes Pres. Do you really want that?

My post was made in jest, but I did not hint they would pick Pence, I hinted that Pence would be one they would agree on.

She can pick anybody she wants. She can NOT “appoint” anybody. The pick must be approved by BOTH the House and Senate. That’s exactly what the Constitution says.

Forum List

Back