🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

is Biden about to resign ?

The GOP is already distancing itself from Trump, just like it's distanced itself from everyone else who they've ever run for president since Reagan.

Know what I think is really funny? That the Republicans deify Reagan and think he was some kind of great man. Only problem is, if Reagan (or someone who thought and acted exactly like him) were to run for office in the GOP today, they would be called a RINO (or worse), and kicked out in favor of some idiot like Trump.

What should we have done differently? Seriously. Not knowing what we now but knowing what we knew then. Locking people in their houses doesn’t work. Wearing masks doesn’t work. Fuck the stupid ass vaccine doesn’t really work. It will be tough for you to prove that fewer old, fat, or otherwise unhealthy people would have died had we done anything differently.
one thing that could have been done differently is dem Governors sending people infected with covid back to old folks homes while Trump had a naval hospital and had the Javits Center converted for patients in NYC . Biden and the left taking credit for vaccinations is like a waiter taking credit for cooking the steak.

Your side put Bush and Trump in the White House.

The GOP is already distancing itself from Trump, just like it's distanced itself from everyone else who they've ever run for president since Reagan.
why are you concerned with 2 people that are currently not residing in the WH ? the problem right now is the lack of leadership in the WH today.

one thing that could have been done differently is dem Governors sending people infected with covid back to old folks homes while Trump had a naval hospital and had the Javits Center converted for patients in NYC . Biden and the left taking credit for vaccinations is like a waiter taking credit for cooking the steak.

Sorry, but sending the hospital ship was a waste of time. Due to the confined spaces onboard, it is a very bad idea to put seriously infected people (those with COVID) onboard. And, given the restrictions put on the vessel before it even tied up to the pier, it was a useless effort. Trump was just grandstanding to make the people think he was doing something. Ever been on a US Navy vessel? The spaces onboard are fairly tight.

Sorry, but sending the hospital ship was a waste of time. Due to the confined spaces onboard, it is a very bad idea to put seriously infected people (those with COVID) onboard. And, given the restrictions put on the vessel before it even tied up to the pier, it was a useless effort. Trump was just grandstanding to make the people think he was doing something. Ever been on a US Navy vessel? The spaces onboard are fairly tight.
nice deflection ... and i've noticed no criticism for Coumo's heinous actions ..

Hey Golden Kneepads!

The hospital ships are converted oil tankers, and is manned by a civilian crew for their operations. There is a naval medical crew also assigned. My nephew's wife served on USNS Comfort as an information systems technician. Their layout is ideal for a COVID type of illness.

If the midterms are the blowout that is predicted.....very possible that Joe will resign citing health reasons.

Jill is the one that will make the decision one way or the other.

Know what I think is really funny? That the Republicans deify Reagan and think he was some kind of great man. Only problem is, if Reagan (or someone who thought and acted exactly like him) were to run for office in the GOP today, they would be called a RINO (or worse), and kicked out in favor of some idiot like Trump.

I've made the comment many times, that Republicans created a mythical Reagan.

The real Reagan negotiated with our enemies, even terrorists, gave amnesty to illegals, raised taxes when it was clear Supply Side didn't really work, appointed moderates to the courts, etc.

So why the beatification of Reagan?

He's the only president Since Ike who wasn't voted out of office (Ford, Bush-41, Trump), left the country in a recession (Nixon, Ford, Both Bushes, Trump), Impeached/Forced to resign (Nixon, Trump), or had an unpopular war (Nixon, BUsh-43)

He messed things up, to be sure, but most of the damage he did wasn't apparent until after he left.

Understood by who? I suspect if he took decisive action, early on, he would have had widespread support.

Instead, it became about his Ego... and this is the problem with Narcissists... it's their world, we just live in it.
I think you’re confused. The President has zero power to mandate a lockdown or mask wear. Nor should he. Nor should you want him to have such power. I thought everyone’s fear was that Trump would be dictatorial. Now you’re bitching that he wasnt dictatorial enough?

Hey Golden Kneepads!

The hospital ships are converted oil tankers, and is manned by a civilian crew for their operations. There is a naval medical crew also assigned. My nephew's wife served on USNS Comfort as an information systems technician. Their layout is ideal for a COVID type of illness.

The civilians are mainly there for shipboard operations, and there are only 63 of them. The vast majority are military, with most of them being in the medical field, both officer and enlisted (956), and the rest being in naval support staff (stuff like Yeomen, Radiomen and others who coordinate with military personnel), and they number 258. So what if your nephew's wife served on the COMFORT in a naval support billet? Me? I actually served on an MSC vessel (USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5)), and was stationed on there for a little over 2 years as the only PN onboard, taking care of pay and personnel for a detachment of 35 Naval personnel. I was filling an E-7 billet as an E-6, and am one of the few E6 personnel types who were allowed to handle and process Navy Wide Advancement Exams. Did so well at that job, they sent me to a MEPS in Amarillo, where I served as the head of the Navy office there (another E-7 billet that I filled as an E-6). Both were independent duty tours. Yeah, I think I might know a bit more about MSC than you ever will. And, while in your tiny mind you might think that the COMFORT was "ideal" for taking care of COVID cases, why didn't the Navy see it that way? They were instructed to screen anyone and everyone who wanted to go onboard for COVID, and those that had it were NOT allowed onboard. Try again.

The civilians are mainly there for shipboard operations, and there are only 63 of them. The vast majority are military, with most of them being in the medical field, both officer and enlisted (956), and the rest being in naval support staff (stuff like Yeomen, Radiomen and others who coordinate with military personnel), and they number 258. So what if your nephew's wife served on the COMFORT in a naval support billet? Me? I actually served on an MSC vessel (USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5)), and was stationed on there for a little over 2 years as the only PN onboard, taking care of pay and personnel for a detachment of 35 Naval personnel. I was filling an E-7 billet as an E-6, and am one of the few E6 personnel types who were allowed to handle and process Navy Wide Advancement Exams. Did so well at that job, they sent me to a MEPS in Amarillo, where I served as the head of the Navy office there (another E-7 billet that I filled as an E-6). Both were independent duty tours. Yeah, I think I might know a bit more about MSC than you ever will. And, while in your tiny mind you might think that the COMFORT was "ideal" for taking care of COVID cases, why didn't the Navy see it that way? They were instructed to screen anyone and everyone who wanted to go onboard for COVID, and those that had it were NOT allowed onboard. Try again.
That’s a long post to say you were an admin weenie who never did anything operational.

Where do you dream up this bullshit? They treated 182 patients in a nearly a month. mostly elderly patients with COVID.

Once again you stress your idiocy.

Your personal accomplishments which are relatively insignificant. I was an engineer on a guided missile cruiser and amphibious assault carrier. in charge of hundreds of sailors. I think that trumps your 35 sailors on an MSC ship, most of which were most likely as gay as you are. I'll take your MEPS experience and raise you my Enlisted Programs Officer position in the top 3 recruiting districts in the Navy every year I was there. You are merely an "I was there" sailor.

I think you’re confused. The President has zero power to mandate a lockdown or mask wear. Nor should he. Nor should you want him to have such power. I thought everyone’s fear was that Trump would be dictatorial. Now you’re bitching that he wasnt dictatorial enough?

Quite the contrary, in times of national emergency, you do want presidents to have that kind of power. If they actually abuse that power, that is what impeachment is for.

The problem was, Trump was more worried about getting re-elected than he was about protecting lives. He was more worried about spooking the stock market. And more importantly, he was upset that Dr. Fauci and the governors who DID take decisive action were more popular than he was.

Newsome is going to get easily re-elected. So is Pritzker, so is Whitmer. Why? Because they acted decisively to save lives.

Quite the contrary, in times of national emergency, you do want presidents to have that kind of power. If they actually abuse that power, that is what impeachment is for.

The problem was, Trump was more worried about getting re-elected than he was about protecting lives. He was more worried about spooking the stock market. And more importantly, he was upset that Dr. Fauci and the governors who DID take decisive action were more popular than he was.

Newsome is going to get easily re-elected. So is Pritzker, so is Whitmer. Why? Because they acted decisively to save lives.
Why didnt Biden enact a mask or lock down mandate? Why didnt he enact a vaccine mandate? BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY. He wanted to, to be sure but he cant. And Im not sure why anyone would want them to have that type of power. Since the President can just declare anything a national emergency (there are currently 42 active national emergencies) seems like a fast track to a dictator which again was what I thought everyone was so afraid of with Trump. You all need to have a meeting and get your story straight on that BTW.

Didnt the dipshit in Ca get recalled and almost lose to a talk show host?

Last edited:
Why didnt Biden enact a mask or lock down mandate? Why didnt he enact a vaccine mandate? BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY. He wanted to, to be sure but he cant. And Im not sure why anyone would want them to have that type of power. Since the President can just declare anything a national emergency (there are currently 42 active national emergencies) seems like a fast track to a dictator which again was what I thought everyone was so afraid of with Trump. You all need to have a meeting and get your story straight on that BTW.

Let's be honest. Newsome survived the recall by almost 24 points. That just proves the stupidity of the California voter!

Or just apply a lick of common sense.

The problem is by the time Biden got there, the virus was endemic. The entire country had been exposed as opposed to a few isolated areas under Trump when it started.

Nope, it was never close in CA. It shows the folly of the recall system, though.

Forum List

Back