Is Chivalry dead?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I like Bernie Sanders and Marco Rubio. They conduct themselves like mature gentlemen. However one candidate encourages violence and thuggery! What can be done to promote a culture of civility and honor?

Not at all. I raised both of my kids to be chivalrous (my daughter and my son).

It's not dead. It's just not practiced as much as it once was.

I like Bernie Sanders and Marco Rubio. They conduct themselves like mature gentlemen. However one candidate encourages violence and thuggery! What can be done to promote a culture of civility and honor?

Get Obama and Michelle out of the White House and elect Donald Trump. Simple.

There must be something wrong with me. I like it when a man holds a door open for me or presents some other similar courtesy. It's refreshing, flattering, and gets a big smile and "thank you" from me. And there are lots of men around here who do just that. I love it.

Was at the store earlier, lady looked at me funny when I slightly bowed, and swept my arm in a manner to tell her to pass me.

There must be something wrong with me. I like it when a man holds a door open for me or presents some other similar courtesy. It's refreshing, flattering, and gets a big smile and "thank you" from me. And there are lots of men around here who do just that. I love it.
I always do that, and I teach my kids to do that. We would be a better place to live if people still observed some simple rules of decency and respect.

Get Obama and Michelle out of the White House and elect Donald Trump. Simple.
To put the final nail in chivalry's coffin, right?

Sadly, in some circles a man holding a door open like that would be considered sexist. Fortunately as a man who always opens a door for a lady I've never run into it.

Well, at least 2 posters on this thread have proven themselves morons, and wouldn't know chivalry if it ripped off their tiny heads

In old movies, all the men would stand up if a lady entered the room or arrived at a table. We're not going to ever see that again.

In old movies, all the men would stand up if a lady entered the room or arrived at a table. We're not going to ever see that again.

I was raised old school.

I still do it.

My grandsons?

They didn't have my mom around

Not at all....Look at Slick Willy - he's always willing to offer a girl a cigar. :p

Men who hold open doors for women are SEXIST not chivalrous, feminists claim
I'm not surprised. The funny thing is these idiots don't seem to realize that a lot of times men open doors for each other, it's not sexist it's common courtesy.

Forum List

Back