Zone1 is it a mass or? (eucharist)

I have never said that God rejects anyone.
It still may be profitable to reflect upon who/what God rejects. The story of the king who literally invites everyone to his son's wedding, but still throws out/rejects someone who is there without a proper wedding garment. That story has always puzzled me. Invite someone, but then throw him out because of what he is wearing? What if he was too poor to have a proper wedding garment?

Recently, I heard someone address this question with one of his own. What if Jesus was not talking about clothing...what else do we wear or put on? Could it be our attitude? Was someone thrown out of the wedding feast not because of his apparel, but because of his attitude? Does God reject certain attitudes? If so, wouldn't we wish to avoid them?

It still may be profitable to reflect upon who/what God rejects. The story of the king who literally invites everyone to his son's wedding, but still throws out/rejects someone who is there without a proper wedding garment. That story has always puzzled me. Invite someone, but then throw him out because of what he is wearing? What if he was too poor to have a proper wedding garment?

Recently, I heard someone address this question with one of his own. What if Jesus was not talking about clothing...what else do we wear or put on? Could it be our attitude? Was someone thrown out of the wedding feast not because of his apparel, but because of his attitude? Does God reject certain attitudes? If so, wouldn't we wish to avoid them?
I think there are layers to scripture. And your interpretation is a good example of that. I've heard some say this was a reference to Israel's chosenness. Or that it was a reference to anyone who thinks they know God but are only paying lip service to God. I quite like your interpretation because it's more of a root cause type of explanation and really encompasses everyone. Bottom line for me - regardless of the interpretation - it's pretty clear God invites whoever he invites for whatever reason he invites. And the contra to this would also apply. God excludes whoever he excludes for whatever reason he excludes. With that said I don't believe God wants us to love him for what he can do for us. I believe God wants us to love him for who God is. Pretty much the same for everyone, right?

Bottom line for me - regardless of the interpretation - it's pretty clear God invites whoever he invites for whatever reason he invites. And the contra to this would also apply. God excludes whoever he excludes for whatever reason he excludes. With that said I don't believe God wants us to love him for what he can do for us. I believe God wants us to love him for who God is. Pretty much the same for everyone, right?
Not only right, but true. The Baltimore Catechism I learned as a child...Why did God make me? To know him....And don't let the desire of knowing what God can do for one get in the way of knowing God, because that can get in the way of knowing God.

Thanks for the reminder that we cannot know the extent of God's reasons.

You can only know what someone believes by what they do; not by what they say.

Please tell me more about the secular nature of Jesus. :rolleyes:
Well, I heard that he liked to eat and drink and party with sinners and prostitutes and was always keeping bad company with some really really bad characters, but that just what I heard......

from your own holy book. Am I telling you something that you don't already know?

That story has always puzzled me. Invite someone, but then throw him out because of what he is wearing?

If you invited someone to your wedding and they showed up dressed in filthy rags reeking of cheap wine and vomit wouldn't the doorman throw them out into the darkness where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth whatever their excuse?

Do you really think that Jesus was talking about clothing? Seriously?

Well, I heard that he liked to eat and drink and party with sinners and prostitutes and was always keeping bad company with some really really bad characters, but that just what I heard......

from your own holy book. Am I telling you something that you don't already know?
No, you aren't telling me anything new. Maybe that's why Jesus loves me so much and I love Jesus so much.

Apparently you have no need for him while I do.

If you invited someone to your wedding and they showed up dressed in filthy rags reeking of cheap wine and vomit wouldn't the doorman throw them out into the darkness where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth whatever their excuse?
Doesn't that depend upon how repentant they were? Let's say they do and they feel really bad about it and you loved them, wouldn't you take them in, clean them up and make them feel loved and welcome. I don't think you know the first thing about Christianity.
Do you really think that Jesus was talking about clothing? Seriously?
Obviously she didn't. :rolleyes:

Maybe that's why Jesus loves me so much and I love Jesus so much.

Right. You love Jesus so much that you have no problem with him being tortured and crucified so you don't have to bear the consequences for your own stupid sins, death, a curse, and can even sin, defy God, with impunity for your entire ignoble life even though its not true or rational but is immoral unethical and reprehensible to "believe" that an innocent man, Jesus, died for your sins

I know, I know, its what you have every right to believe but damn. What does that say about you?

I'm sure that Jesus is very impressed by your deep and abiding love for him.

I am.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back