Is it because of Fracking or were rivers always known to catch fire?

That doesnt seem to be right? Water fights fire normally.:eusa_think:

Water could always burn. Its only the enviro-wackos that want you to believe that it can be used to 'put out fires' or 'drink' or such nonsense.

Water not burning is just left wing propaganda.

Water could always burn. Its only the enviro-wackos that want you to believe that it can be used to 'put out fires' or 'drink' or such nonsense.

Water not burning is just left wing propaganda.

Actually natural seepage of hydrocarbons could result in a surface burn of the flammables without any human interaction at all.

Everything environmentalist say is made up horseshit...

Ever heard of the mistake on the lake? Cleveland, Ohio where the Cuyahoga River has caught fire several times? It was an event that brought upon lot of environmental changes by the government.

The Cuyahoga River was once one of the most polluted rivers in the United States as represented by the multitude of times it has caught fire, a recorded number of thirteen starting in 1868. The most potent blaze occurred in 1952 which caused over $1.3 million in damages however, the most fatal fire happened in 1912 with a documented five deaths. The 1969 fire, which did not incur maximum damages or fatally wound any citizen, was the most covered incident occuring on the river. This was in part because of the developing precedence that sanitation held over industrial actions; the United States was becoming more eco-aware. Also, due to the shift from industry to technology, waste dumping to recycling Time Magazine produced an article about the incident. This brought mass amount of attention to the Cleveland area and added pressure for hygienic regulation.

Cuyahoga River Fire - Ohio History Central

Does anyone actually know the cause of the fire?

Wasn't that an issue with regards to those faucets that flamed? It was blamed on fracking, but it turned out it was due to shallow surface biological decay products, and not fracking gas.

We are going to end up with a country full of Centralia, Pa's.

Alarmist much?

Please tell me you understand the difference between mining a coal seam, and fracturing rock and sucking out the natural gas that results from it.....

I'm not gonna watch an hour long video just to see propaganda. I'll assume it's an anti-fracking flick.
So blame your hero hack president's reimposition of offshore drilling restrictions on the fracking problem you allege. If fracking is a problem for you, blame yourself.

Alarmist much?

Please tell me you understand the difference between mining a coal seam, and fracturing rock and sucking out the natural gas that results from it.....

Doesn't change the fact you could end up with an underground fire.

I'm not gonna watch an hour long video just to see propaganda. I'll assume it's an anti-fracking flick.
So blame your hero hack president's reimposition of offshore drilling restrictions on the fracking problem you allege. If fracking is a problem for you, blame yourself.

No, it's a story about a mining town where the mine under the city caught fire and has been burning for over 40 years and has basically forced everyone out of the city... and how it has created an environmental nightmare.

Danial 7:10. What say you Bible thumpers?

"A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened."

Think God did it?

Does anyone actually know the cause of the fire?

Wasn't that an issue with regards to those faucets that flamed? It was blamed on fracking, but it turned out it was due to shallow surface biological decay products, and not fracking gas.

I'd be interested in seeing more about these shallow surface thingamabobs. Link?

Look up biogenic gas. It's also been called 'swamp gas".

This is the colorado government response to gasland.

http://cogcc.state.co.us/documents/..._Welfare/Hydraulic_Fracturing/GASLAND DOC.pdf

Forum List

Back